Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #8) [Korea]

Which artwork you want to see as lenticular ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 10th, 2014
Audio: English DTS HD 7.1, Chinese, Thai
Subtitle: Korean, English, All Chinese, Portuguese, Thai, Bahasa, Indonesian, Malaysian
Print run: 1K (numbered)
Price: 44.99$
Pre-order link: (Pre-orders were live Feb. 14)
- Lenticular edition: 700 print run (Order Limit 3x PP) - here (Sold out!)
- 1/4 slip edition: 300 print run (Order limit 2x PP)
- here (Sold out!)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

13922039987962494.jpg

13922038446390.jpg

Detail packaging:
- Thor: The Dark World Character art card
- booklet
- Clear full plastic slip (as Thor 2 KR edition) as gift for pre-order bonus
- kimchidvd exclusive sticker
- kimchidvd numbered art card
- 6x art card will be included

Lenticular Artwork for poll:
#1 artwork candidate (lighting is lenticular effect) - confirmed

??1.jpg

#2 artwork candidate (lighting is lenticular effect)
??3.jpg
#3 artwork candidate
??4.jpg

Pre-order Time: Time 8PM (KR) / 11AM UK / 6AM USA(East) / Aus 22PM (south) Click HERE and use dropdown box for your local time

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 773
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. However ... game changer for how long? Anything Marvel will always get repeated. Doesnt matter if its 1 month from now or 1 year from now. It WILL happen.

So even if blufans get something different that isnt to say it wont get rereleased elsewhere minus flashy slip. ie. Face Off for example.

Marvel titles can rise to good value fast .... but those that are best at holding respectable value tend to always be titles that only 1 or 2 Countries did at "new release" and then the title doesn't often justify spending extra for bells/whistles ie. premium finishes on the steel in the future if ever reprinted. Granted the demand can be lower for these type of titles though.

But here like 4-5? years later there is still only one Hell Boy 2 or Death Race that trumps all others. And they've been released since ... it's just no one is willing to give it that extra cost to outdo the original that still had a marketing campaign rolling off its theatrical run.

/wreck rambles.

And to think I just won a sealed mint Hell Boy 2 for under $50. :scat:

Those steels will always be in a league of their own. Gone are the days of the beautiful bronze/ golden steels.

Reactions: Marina Blue
I agree. However ... game changer for how long? Anything Marvel will always get repeated. Doesnt matter if its 1 month from now or 1 year from now. It WILL happen.

So even if blufans get something different that isnt to say it wont get rereleased elsewhere minus flashy slip. ie. Face Off for example.

Marvel titles can rise to good value fast .... but those that are best at holding respectable value tend to always be titles that only 1 or 2 Countries did at "new release" and then the title doesn't often justify spending extra for bells/whistles ie. premium finishes on the steel in the future if ever reprinted. Granted the demand can be lower for these type of titles though.

But here like 4-5? years later there is still only one Hell Boy 2 or Death Race that trumps all others. And they've been released since ... it's just no one is willing to give it that extra cost to outdo the original that still had a marketing campaign rolling off its theatrical run.

/wreck rambles.

+1
With many releases at present, the most sought after is always a moving target. That's what I meant when I said "game changer". Each new release resets the house of cards.

I asked KimchiDVD about the correct exclusive sticker... that was the response

:(

I don't understand or support their decision. We spend a lot of bucks for their Limited Editions and have a right to receive the correct one. Otherwise the entire Kimchidvd collection does not make any sense anymore.

Best wishes,

Michael

Reactions: lgans316
I asked KimchiDVD about the correct exclusive sticker... that was the response

:(

That's a little odd. I emailed Tony less than 2 weeks ago and was told it would be sent out with my next order.

Surely there are enough for everyone to get a replacement.

plus didnt Choi tell us all that Tony confirmed there would be corrected stickers shipped out soon?
I know someone mentioned it, around the time Frozen went live as I suggested popping the sticker in with my order for that steel, save additional postage costs.

I think if you managed to order direct from Kimchi they will send you the correct stickers. If you weren't lucky enough to get an order in they probably won't...

But how and when do we get these stickers? Is it necessary to send an e-mail to Tony? Thus far we did not hear anything official.

Best wishes,

Michael