Threads - Zavvi [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Issue #1 is available to pre-order here for £9.99.
Here at ZBOX, we’re teaming up with some of the best up-and-coming designers, writers and graphic novelists in order to bring you THREADS. For just £9.99, you will receive an exclusively designed T-Shirt and a either a book or graphic novel based around the same theme. Each month will be limited to 1000 boxes.

More info on the Threads subscription can be found here.

1.jpg

Has anyone got this months threads? Eager to know what shirt was included.

Also wondering if I should go for this for just £5

@Noodles what you think?

Has anyone got this months threads? Eager to know what shirt was included.

Also wondering if I should go for this for just £5

@Noodles what you think?
Honestly, I always thought the original price of £10 was pretty decent, so £5 should be a no-brainer... but this is Zavvi we're talking about, so I still hesitate even when they present us with a great offer like this. Nothing's ever simple when it comes to dealing with them... I've given them enough chances, so it's a pass for me. Obviously it's completely up to you though mate... you may have better luck than me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash and Flloydo
Honestly, I always thought the original price of £10 was pretty decent, so £5 should be a no-brainer... but this is Zavvi we're talking about, so I still hesitate even when they present us with a great offer like this. Nothing's ever simple when it comes to dealing with them... I've given them enough chances, so it's a pass for me. Obviously it's completely up to you though mate... you may have better luck than me.

Tbh you just took the words right out of my mouth

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Tbh you just took the words right out of my mouth
I get the impression we're not the only two that feel that way. I only buy from them when I absolutely have to (their exclusive steelbooks), and even then I let some of the ones with minor damage slip through, because I just can't be arsed to have to deal with their godawful CS team.

• Thanks
I get the impression we're not the only two that feel that way. I only buy from them when I absolutely have to (their exclusive steelbooks), and even then I let some of the ones with minor damage slip through, because I just can't be arsed to have to deal with their godawful CS team.

Totally agree their CS is awful, took forever to cancel zbox there so nope won't enter into 'subscriptions' with them again no matter the offer.

• Thanks
Yes it has the same auto system. i cancelled my subscription through their Facebook with no pain :)

I notice they have the option for 1 month subscription so does that mean I won't have to cancel it?

I see the horror stories from you guys and the zbox thread but I've not ordered since they brought the subscription into it

I'm thinking of giving this a go for £4.99

Totally agree their CS is awful, took forever to cancel zbox there so nope won't enter into 'subscriptions' with them again no matter the offer.
Yep, lesson learned for me too! Think I'd rather sell my soul to the devil than sign up for any more of Zavvi's subscriptions lol.

I notice they have the option for 1 month subscription so does that mean I won't have to cancel it?

I see the horror stories from you guys and the zbox thread but I've not ordered since they brought the subscription into it

I'm thinking of giving this a go for £4.99
They auto-renew mate, so as Gruff said... you still have to contact them to cancel it, which is where the problems begin! Best of luck if you do decide to go for this anyway mate.

• Thanks
Yep, lesson learned for me too! Think I'd rather sell my soul to the devil than sign up for any more of Zavvi's subscriptions lol.

They auto-renew mate, so as Gruff said... you still have to contact them to cancel it, which is where the problems begin! Best of luck if you do decide to go for this anyway mate.

I'm not too sure, Knowing my luck the t shirt will be sh*t

If I do I'll just hound them from the second it dispatches

They currently have a marvel mystery box to celebrate civil war for £9.99 (£8.99 with code) and it has a picture of the spiderman statue from eaglemoss and I asked about it and they said it don't include the statue!!! Lol why advertise it then!
Also I asked if it includes stuff from previous boxes and if it does then there's no point but they haven't got back yet

You can also pay £20 for the new Zbox (mutate), random welcome box 2 (which I imgaine includes old previous Zbox stuff) and the marvel mystery box I mentioned.

So that's 3 zboxes for £20 which is a good deal......... If they were any good :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash and Noodles
I'm not too sure, Knowing my luck the t shirt will be sh*t

If I do I'll just hound them from the second it dispatches

They currently have a marvel mystery box to celebrate civil war for £9.99 (£8.99 with code) and it has a picture of the spiderman statue from eaglemoss and I asked about it and they said it don't include the statue!!! Lol why advertise it then!
Also I asked if it includes stuff from previous boxes and if it does then there's no point but they haven't got back yet

You can also pay £20 for the new Zbox (mutate), random welcome box 2 (which I imgaine includes old previous Zbox stuff) and the marvel mystery box I mentioned.

So that's 3 zboxes for £20 which is a good deal......... If they were any good :rofl:
Yeah, that's another risk you always take too... wouldn't surprise me if both the shirt and book end up being crap, which would explain the £5 price tag lol. Typical Zavvi tactic mate... it's not the first time their advertisements have been misleading, and I doubt it'll be the last. Their mystery boxes always seem to be on offer now, which makes me think they're not selling very well... can't imagine why. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Yeah, that's another risk you always take too... wouldn't surprise me if both the shirt and book end up being crap, which would explain the £5 price tag lol. Typical Zavvi tactic mate... it's not the first time their advertisements have been misleading, and I doubt it'll be the last. Their mystery boxes always seem to be on offer now, which makes me think they're not selling very well... can't imagine why. :rolleyes:

Either that (they just know this months is rubbish) or they have gone ahead of them selves and upped the quantity and realised "sh*t we don't sell that many" or people who have orderd the last 2 aren't impressed and not orderd this one. I think it may be the latter but you never know and like you say they are always on deal with them or get one free.
And it's all I think is that they don't sell too well but you look at the reviews on their site and it's usually just praise but then they probably don't publish anything under 3 stars

Oh I agree they have done it in the past and it will continue. It's just stupid that this time they are actually showing a product as the image, A product that will be easy for them to get (currently in the eaglemoss sale for under £5 excluding shipping) and you would expect it to be in the box given the title of the box, spidey who's the big new character in civil war (and the box is because of the celebration for civil war) and it would fit!

I've tried looking for unboxing vids because it says instock ready to dispatch but can't find any except the marvel one from last year

• Thanks
Just seen that they've used images from Drive and Taxi Driver on the banner for Issue #4. I don't recall the images on the banners for previous issues actually relating to the items inside, but it'd be cool if it was the case this time around! I doubt I'll be able to resist this one if it does include something Drive related. @Flloydo

1.png

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
Here's what's inside Issue #3 by the way...

1.jpg

The cyborg assassin was back alright, and he returned to influence the THREADS issue #3 t-shirt. The Terminator stimulated the robotic and futuristic design of the latest unique digital art print. This exclusive Terminator-inspired t-shirt was available as part of the THREADS subscription in Schwarzenegger, and non-Schwarzenegger sizes!

2.jpg

Charlie Jane Anders’s fantasy All the Birds in the Sky tells the tale of two friends - Patricia, a witch who can communicate with animals, and Laurence - a scientist and inventor. After years apart they come together once again to discover that their creative chemistry is greater than ever before. In this fairy tale and adventure rolled into one, the reunited duo use science and magic in tandem to fight an apocalyptic world.