USA
Release date: October 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Tomorrowland
Price: £23.99

1.jpg 2.jpg

11123662-1544298489432325.jpg
tl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's strange there's no 3D, but I don't think the UK is getting this released in cinemas as 3D so that makes sense.

I'll probably pre-order when this goes live, hoping to check it out this weekend.

This movie is only being shown in 3D in some countries

since you are aware it shows in 3D in some country, can you please be more specific and tell us which country
so we can look into this ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@paulboland is there anything you can think of that would explain this. This is clearly advertised in Regular and Imax showing,

which country would have the 3D (I guess obviously Post Conversion) showing in treater ? therefore 3D release for a steel as well

would you have insight into this ?

Whether it's being shown in 3D or not in theatres near you, it would be nice to include the option for home viewing.

If they went to the trouble of shooting/converting it in 3D, at least include it in the bundle like most other 3D movies? If the current price stays at €33 they're having a laugh!

Looks like this will have to be sourced elsewhere then for 3D fans.

Reactions: jitstark
This movie is only being shown in 3D in some countries

from what I have seen in my search, is that most of the listing that you see pop up in google when you click upon them, the 3D since this movie is shown in Imax, they Describe the Theater first and its capacity.

ie:

IMAX
3D Theater

and when you click upon titles that states Tomorowland 3D, you cannot find a showtime for it in 3D, and it goes to most searches to just the regular title (without the 3D in the title)...

so I think it is just the google search pulls out the theatre first and the 3D is part of the theatre capacity..

for the movie itself could not find actual releases of it in 3D (only one but was very strange) ..and disney site itself for tomorrowland only states Regular and Imax showing.

@paulboland I could not find any info as to other countries showing this movie other than regular D cinema and IMAX but some have stated seen listing in 3D which I could not find in any searches but only 1 theater but didn't even have a listing for it yet was a general description...

everything that I saw the 3D attached to the movie name was to describe the theater and it's capacity when looking further all listing for movie was regular and IMAX only.

I do know that some country at times exceptionally have the 3D post Conversion version for the theatre, do you think this is the case for Tomorrowland ?

@paulboland I could not find any info as to other countries showing this movie other than regular D cinema and IMAX but some have stated seen listing in 3D which I could not find in any searches but only 1 theater but didn't even have a listing for it yet was a general description...

everything that I saw the 3D attached to the movie name was to describe the theater and it's capacity when looking further all listing for movie was regular and IMAX only.

I do know that some country at times exceptionally have the 3D post Conversion version for the theatre, do you think this is the case for Tomorrowland ?
@Actarus
I don't know to be honest I not even seen this film yet but I will check out what info I can find later tomorrow

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus
@Actarus
I don't know to be honest I not even seen this film yet but I will check out what info I can find later tomorrow

Thank you so much, that would be REALLY appreciated,

it's so difficult I searched as best I could but I know you would be able to get the proper info...

I'll wait for your info but doesn't have to be that fast, as long I guess as we know soon so we can properly chose our steel releases...

Reactions: paulboland
I will be waking up early to purchase, entertaining film.

I'm not going to bed, live time for me is 4AM, got up at 9AM this morning not to miss delivery for Avengers. Now after live time with Tommorrowland, will get to bed probably 4:30 and Up again at 9Am in case somehow I am lucky enough to get a package in the mail... don't want to miss postman and wait an extra day to go to Post Office, it's very far. Been doing this dance for a week and 1/2 and I am running on empty.

Due to a Trademark conflict this has the extra subtitle "a world beyond " in Europe .

IMDB does not list 3D amongst it's formats. A Google of Tomorrowland 3D shows it's mainly Australia that is listing it.

Due to a Trademark conflict this has the extra subtitle "a world beyond " in Europe .

IMDB does not list 3D amongst it's formats. A Google of Tomorrowland 3D shows it's mainly Australia that is listing it.

Actually yes it does, for North American releases if it is available in 3D
in IMDB under Technical Specifications it will be written as such(here are a few examples)

Example 1 (Maleficent) ;
Printed Film Format;
35 mm (anamorphic) (Kodak Vision 2383)
D-Cinema (also 3-D version)

Example 2 (Star Trek: Into Darkness)
Printed Film Format;
35 mm (Kodak Vision 2383)
70 mm (horizontal) (IMAX DMR blow-up) (also dual-strip 3-D) (Kodak Vision 2383)

Example 3 (Prometheus)
Printed Film Format;
35 mm (anamorphic) (Fuji Eterna-CP 3514DI)
70 mm (horizontal) (IMAX DMR blow-up) (dual-strip 3-D) (Kodak Vision 2383)

Example 4 (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
Printed Film Format;
35 mm (anamorphic) (Kodak Vision 2383)

Example 5 (San Andreas 2015)
Printed Film Format;

and so on......

IMDB belongs to Amazon.com, I have seen many many movies which had a 3D version for oversea releases
and this information was never added in the tech Specs.
So if the company decides for north America not to release a 3D version
chances are most likely it's not gonna be on IMDB.

Because listing 3D movies proves something.

The official website (and poster) suggest we see it in IMax (which I'm doing on Sunday), but not Disney Digital 3D .

I have no idea what the ownership by Amazon has to do with listing 3D or not . It's not a big conspiracy to deny that a 3D version exists (The Australian cinema chains certainly think it does). I guess we'll find out on the 28th when it opens in Australia.

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-22_6-28-15.png
    upload_2015-5-22_6-28-15.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 94
I'm going to order this from Zavvi this morning, if it turns out another country has a 3D steelbook I will cancel and order that instead.
Although I'm tempted to pass on it as it will likely get a UltraHD Blu-ray release as well

Because listing 3D movies proves something.

The official website (and poster) suggest we see it in IMax (which I'm doing on Sunday), but not Disney Digital 3D .

I have no idea what the ownership by Amazon has to do with listing 3D or not . It's not a big conspiracy to deny that a 3D version exists (The Australian cinema chains certainly think it does). I guess we'll find out on the 28th when it opens in Australia.

3D in Australia means Three Dingos.

Reactions: DrH and mumbles