Treasure Planet: The Disney Collection #35 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 15th, 2016
Purchase link: Treasure Planet
Price: £19.99

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

11208801-4244347453798387.jpg

11208801-2054347453821202.jpg 11208801-1074347453811482.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I received mine today.

What bugs me is that Zavvi have decided to stop the "Numbering" on the slip card. You know how it usually says "Disney Classic X" well it's not there.

I just find it strange they would go back. Either do it Zavvi or don't...jeez.
It's not necessarily Zavvi's decision - it's a Disney product that Zavvi agree to sell, albeit as an exclusive.

I am not aware of how much influence retailers typically have over the packaging design for the products they sell (unless it's an 'own label' product such as supermarket own brands)!

I received mine today.

What bugs me is that Zavvi have decided to stop the "Numbering" on the slip card. You know how it usually says "Disney Classic X" well it's not there.

I just find it strange they would go back. Either do it Zavvi or don't...jeez.

Nothing to do with Zavvi.

You can't honestly expect consistency from Disney. Yellow oval numbers, white numbers, titles on the spine, no titles on the spine, embossing, no embossing, gloss, matte, picture on the spine, no picture on the spine or any combination therein.

I'll be surprised if it isn't in the BOGOF deal starting on Monday.

They were sent out quickly and arrived in 2 days, last time Zavvi had that hit rate was with The Princess and the Frog which was in the BOGOF deal that started the day it was due for release. Call me cynical.
well, hopefully they have these 2 titles available! :)

So this is the only Animated Disney "Classic" that does not have the "Disney Blu Ray" logo on the spine?? I can just about cope with the live action Disney films having the standard BluRay logo on the spine but not this.

Last edited:
So this is the only Animated Disney "Classic" that does not have the "Disney Blu Ray" logo on the spice?? I can just about cope with the live action Disney films having the standard BluRay logo on the spine but not this.

Yep someone's made a right pigs ear of the spine on this. Doesn't match with any of the others as there's no square pic at the bottom. Even the title less spine have that !!

Reactions: Flloydo
Yep someone's made a right pigs ear of the spine on this. Doesn't match with any of the others as there's no square pic at the bottom. Even the title less spine have that !!

I never even noticed the spine pic is missing. That's just stupid. Going to stick out on the shelf now with them all lined up

I'm just pleased there's actually a title on the spine, so with that in mind I couldn't be more thrilled with this steelbook.

I'm just pleased there's actually a title on the spine, so with that in mind I couldn't be more thrilled with this steelbook.

There will always be a title on these catalogue Disney films. Just not on new releases except big hero 6 and maleificant

There will always be a title on these catalogue Disney films. Just not on new releases except big hero 6 and maleificant
Yes I know, that doesn't make it any less incohesive when the worldwide releases don't have a title. Whilst 'they' may differentiate at a manufacturing level, to the collector their 'Disney collection' is their 'Disney collection', and I like a cohesive collection that matches, not title, title, no title, title, title, title, no title...

So I get the annoyance by some at the lack of thumbnail image on the spine, understandable, but personally I'm just pleased it has a title.

Yes I know, that doesn't make it any less incohesive when the worldwide releases don't have a title. Whilst 'they' may differentiate at a manufacturing level, to the collector their 'Disney collection' is their 'Disney collection', and I like a cohesive collection that matches, not title, title, no title, title, title, title, no title...

So I get the annoyance by some at the lack of thumbnail image on the spine, understandable, but personally I'm just pleased it has a title.

I was just saying that these catalogue Disney films will always have a spine title.
I don't like the fact new releases don't get a spine title but it's expected now unfortunately.

And you have to admit with them all lined up this looks weird without a small spine character square.
It's odd they left it off