Treasure Planet: The Disney Collection #35 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 15th, 2016
Purchase link: Treasure Planet
Price: £19.99

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

11208801-4244347453798387.jpg

11208801-2054347453821202.jpg 11208801-1074347453811482.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That was quick - having just been released with 6 others new to Blu-ray in the U.K. a month ago.
Not complaining,as it's Disney and will look great in-hand no matter what.
Maybe a few of the other new releases will follow in steelbook form including "Atlantis", "Basil the Great Mouse Detective" and "Home on the Range".
Regarding the other three November releases in steelbook form - chances slim at best IMO.
Considering I've just bought all 7 newly released Amarays with matching case / slipcover artwork I'm a bit surprised that a steelbook is coming so soon for one of these instead of for one of the older ones that have already had an Amaray release such as :-
- BOLT / MEET THE ROBINSONS / THE WILD / CHICKEN LITTLE / LILO & STITCH / FANTASIA 2000.
Anyway, ordered without discount code as none available atm.

Reactions: gaeljet
That was quick - having just been released with 6 others new to Blu-ray in the U.K. a month ago.
Maybe a few of the other new releases will follow in steelbook form including "Atlantis", "Basil the Great Mouse Detective" and "Home on the Range".
Regarding the other three November releases in steelbook form - chances slim at best IMO.
Considering I've just bought all 7 newly released Amarays with matching case / slipcover artwork I'm a bit surprised that a steelbook is coming so soon for one of these instead of for one of the older ones that have already had an Amaray release such as :-
- BOLT / MEET THE ROBINSONS / THE WILD / CHICKEN LITTLE / LILO & STITCH / FANTASIA 2000.

there were, i got 10% off, sorry for you

• Informative
Reactions: virkia

Um, you could have used the ZAVWEL54 code and got 10% off - pretty surely that has been widely spread about in various threads.

Also, I wouldn't say ALL Disney releases look great in hand "no matter what" as some of the earlier stuff from Zavvi (notably The Little Mermaid) was underwhelming. Though I do agree that they have upped their game since then with some crackers. The front of this looks great too, but the back is pretty lazy - hope it gets changed but not exactly holding my breath.

As for those other films, only Lilo and Stitch really needs/deserves a steelbook. I'm sure Zavvi will eventually do as many as they can, but they've pretty much covered all of the best Disney films already - so just the dregs left. I've ordered this, would certainly get Stitch and maybe Bolt, but the rest are just meh.

Reactions: gaeljet
MEET THE BOBINSIONS = "Dregs", "meh", "doesn't deserve a steelbook" ?????????????????????????? WHAAAAAAT !
Sorry, but I strongly protest and vehemently disagree.

Certainly tried ZAVWEL54 and even ZVC5 but neither worked.

MEET THE BOBINSIONS = "Dregs", "meh", "doesn't deserve a steelbook" ?????????????????????????? WHAAAAAAT !
Sorry, but I strongly protest and vehemently disagree.

Certainly tried ZAVWEL54 and even ZVC5 but neither worked.

Ha ha, well opinions are just that, which is what makes films great. But I don't think many would disagree that Disney had a very lean period that took in a host of the films you listed, stuff like Home on the Range, Dinosaur, Atlantis, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, Brother Bear etc. Out of the films released between 2000-2007 most of them flopped critically and only Emperors New Groove and Lilo & Stitch hold up (for me personally that is) and even they didn't do that well at the time.

It was only when The Princess and the Frog came out that things got back on track and they've been pretty solid since. It's fairly telling that Zavvi have ignored most of those films so far and focused on the good early stuff and the REALLY good 90's ones.

I received this email this morning

Dear

Thanks for placing your order with us

We are sorry that the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

• Treasure Planet – Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (The Disney Collection #35)

We are following this up and we will keep you updated on the status of your order.

You can check the status yourself by clicking on order history in your account pages.

Thanks for your patience, if you have any further questions please contact our customer services team and we will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,

Zavvi

I received this email this morning

Dear

Thanks for placing your order with us

We are sorry that the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

• Treasure Planet – Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (The Disney Collection #35)

We are following this up and we will keep you updated on the status of your order.

You can check the status yourself by clicking on order history in your account pages.

Thanks for your patience, if you have any further questions please contact our customer services team and we will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,

Zavvi
Yeah, because you ordered the steelbook while it was not yet marked as a pre-order. Received the same mail. ;)

Forgot all about this beautiful looking steelbook but very happy it's still showing as available to pre order so I've gone ahead and pre ordered.

Ha ha, well opinions are just that, which is what makes films great. But I don't think many would disagree that Disney had a very lean period that took in a host of the films you listed, stuff like Home on the Range, Dinosaur, Atlantis, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, Brother Bear etc. Out of the films released between 2000-2007 most of them flopped critically and only Emperors New Groove and Lilo & Stitch hold up (for me personally that is) and even they didn't do that well at the time.

It was only when The Princess and the Frog came out that things got back on track and they've been pretty solid since. It's fairly telling that Zavvi have ignored most of those films so far and focused on the good early stuff and the REALLY good 90's ones.

I think Lilo and Stitch is one of the worst Disney movies ever. And I too would love to see a Meet the Robinsons steelbook

I wonder if this will end up as part of a Disney buy one get one free promotion a few days after people get despatched emails like Princess & the Frog did...

Well I'm certainly counting on it. Just need to wait for a while and you'll get 2 Disney titles for the price of one. Prepare also for "only 100 remaing" messages and then steelbook remains available for months.