Underworld: Awakening (3D Blu-ray SteelBook)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
Please be aware, some if not many, Best Buy stores have assigned the same sku to the Lenticular version, as they have to the Steelbook version. So if you ordered online based on the sku shown in the initial pictures that surfaced, you may not receive a Steelbook, but a Lenticular version.

Found some info on an other forum, this one has been confirmd as a Best Buy Exclusive in the USA. Region free.

attachment.php

Release date: May 8th 2012
Price: $24.99
Region: A, B and C
Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MA, French 5.1 DTS-HD MA
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Additional pictures (thanks to ash333) -
kate1.jpg

kate2.jpg

kate3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it might sound like beating a dead horse here but this is one fantastic steelbook for a really, really awesome movie. I have the day off today (for what else - US steelbook release day!) and hanging around here on HDN while watching this movie (in 2D for now), man, the audio simply kicks MAJOR ASS all over the place. Gunshots, punches, crashes, broken bones, music etc all carry major depth in the low range. Crank up your sub - this one is AUDIO DEMO quality! And of course Kate simply makes the video even more EXCELLENT!

The art work just gets better and better with each new release. I know this is not the place to debate classic vs new steelbook releases but the paint and detail in the cover and back art of this steelbook are simply gorgeous! Plus the inside art is perfect! I cannot help but think Sony is suddenly relevant again. Check out the trailers for Ghost Rider 2 (Hell YES!) and the new Resident Evil (My name is Alice and this is MY world) :drool::drool::drool:

Kudos to Best Buy for releasing this in the US! THANK YOU!

Reactions: Awkward
I know it might sound like beating a dead horse here but this is one fantastic steelbook for a really, really awesome movie. I have the day off today (for what else - US steelbook release day!) and hanging around here on HDN while watching this movie (in 2D for now), man, the audio simply kicks MAJOR ASS all over the place. Gunshots, punches, crashes, broken bones, music etc all carry major depth in the low range. Crank up your sub - this one is AUDIO DEMO quality! And of course Kate simply makes the video even more EXCELLENT!

The art work just gets better and better with each new release. I know this is not the place to debate classic vs new steelbook releases but the paint and detail in the cover and back art of this steelbook are simply gorgeous! Plus the inside art is perfect! I cannot help but think Sony is suddenly relevant again. Check out the trailers for Ghost Rider 2 (Hell YES!) and the new Resident Evil (My name is Alice and this is MY world) :drool::drool::drool:

Another Resident evil fan. :scat::D

Picked up my copy but when I got home the power was out. It has been out for the past 3 hours. They are doing contrustion down the road and hit something. It finally kicked back on and I can watch the movie. I love the song at the end of the movie. The remix of Evanescence.

Reactions: ash333
Another Resident evil fan. :scat::D

Picked up my copy but when I got home the power was out. It has been out for the past 3 hours. They are doing contrustion down the road and hit something. It finally kicked back on and I can watch the movie. I love the song at the end of the movie. The remix of Evanescence.

LOL yes RE is another one of my guilty pleasures in the /vampire/horror/zombie genres. Is that what the song at the end is - a remix of Evanescence? I knew it sounded very familiar.

In case someone is asking - yes this one is REGION-FREE too!

woot,
i didnt even know this until i was there. i had the 3D vewrsion movie in my hand when out of the corner of my eye i saw a different looking package,
wooot,
my bb only had 3 on display, now the have 2 :p

Yeah agreed^^^ I can't wait for that next Resident Evil. Love everything about the series.

Stopped by my local BB this morning at opening. They only had 3 out! Not sure if they had more in the back, but this tells me it might be pretty limited.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Whew, luckily I was able to get it for $20 with U&S coupon. There were around 6-8 Underworld Steelbooks when I got there @2pm.. Still no sign of Ghostrider SB though.

Last edited:
Just fyi guys - not sure if anyone noted this already.

I was at my local store and checked out the editions - the 3D edition with the lenticular slip has the same SKU as the steelbook.

So in my store, not sure if they are all stickered wrong, but it caused some confusion when I did my in-store pickup order - they set aside the lenticular slip and not the steelbook.