Underworld: Awakening (3D Blu-ray SteelBook)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
Please be aware, some if not many, Best Buy stores have assigned the same sku to the Lenticular version, as they have to the Steelbook version. So if you ordered online based on the sku shown in the initial pictures that surfaced, you may not receive a Steelbook, but a Lenticular version.

Found some info on an other forum, this one has been confirmd as a Best Buy Exclusive in the USA. Region free.

attachment.php

Release date: May 8th 2012
Price: $24.99
Region: A, B and C
Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MA, French 5.1 DTS-HD MA
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Additional pictures (thanks to ash333) -
kate1.jpg

kate2.jpg

kate3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure enough the rush got to this steelbook but there are plenty for everyone. Besides the usual slots in the front display where they had put about 10-12, they had also put about 8 in the 3D section. So if you don't them in the usual new releases display rack, go to the 3D section and they might have put the extras there. Great fun! I love it.:scat::scat:

True story - a young mother with two kids, a toddler and a baby, was looking at the Disney section just across from the 3D BR shelf when she looked over my shoulder and saw this steelbook. She then said, "Hmm, wonder if Daddy might want Kate." EEK!EEK!EEK! I want a wife like her.

Good luck, Ash:)

Thanks DB! Kate (and Best Buy) made this a very fun day for me. Besides that young mom, I was able to convince several other customers to buy the steelbook instead of the regular 3D lenticular slipcover for the same price. With the assistant manager present, I ripped open one to show them Kate's blue eyes :hilarious: and the bling bling of her pistols. Just doing my part to promote steelbooks in the good old USA!:D

Thanks DB! Kate (and Best Buy) made this a very fun day for me. Besides that young mom, I was able to convince several other customers to buy the steelbook instead of the regular 3D lenticular slipcover for the same price. With the assistant manager present, I ripped open one to show them Kate's blue eyes :hilarious: and the bling bling of her pistols. Just doing my part to promote steelbooks in the good old USA!:D

LOL! Awesome!

Well, go on boy-recruiting some more folks to the hobby on the spot!:) I chat with people all the time when I go in, had a whole convo with a guy in the BD player area:) We're all united in this crazy hobby! :scat:

Reactions: ash333
Picked 2 of these up for $20 each after upgrade and save coupons. They had plenty at my best buy. They had even more Ghostrider steels, so I got 2 of those as well. Now I need to call and cancel my Underworld Pre-Order. They won't let you use coupons on store pick ups (at least at my BB) so I had to grab them off the shelf.

Mgoode-they should. They are technically supposed to cancel the order and re-ring you up. I've done it several times, but each time it does cause confusion at customer service, because of the way their system is...

Picked 2 of these up for $20 each after upgrade and save coupons. They had plenty at my best buy. They had even more Ghostrider steels, so I got 2 of those as well. Now I need to call and cancel my Underworld Pre-Order. They won't let you use coupons on store pick ups (at least at my BB) so I had to grab them off the shelf.

Well done! Yes the trade-in program at BB is one of the best values for those who want to upgrade their DVD titles to BR. As for your pre-order store pick-up, let it expire on its own after 7 days. They will not charge your CC until after you pick them up so if you don't pick up, they won't charge :)

it's all good the bottom side is better to look at anyways if you plan to keep this baby sealed.
Leather pants on Kate is hot! :naughty:

Reactions: cjy152
@ sackexchange - it makes me wonder if that packaging was accidental or if it was done intentionally to censor the guns on the cover. (That would be a first.) I am sure there are many, many more violently graphic covers at your typical BB.

Just weird.

Oh man. Got to the store before they opened and waited outside. Peeked in the window and spotted the steels so I knew where to rush to. Got over there and they only had 2. It looked like one was ran over by a steam roller and the other one was bent in half. I've never seen more trashed steels. So I asked the customer service desk of they had anymore. They had 1 that was being held for a customer. Had a very small scratch on it. They wouldn't give it to me. Waited around for 15 minutes. As soon as the desk was clear I freaking walked back there, grabbed it and headed to check out. Feeling so sneaky I get to the register and the guy who rang me up was the guy who was working at the customer service desk. He says "oh you found a non damaged one" I responded "sure did" I paid and took off. Hahahaha so happy!*

Reactions: jimmy