Underworld: Awakening (3D Blu-ray SteelBook)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
Please be aware, some if not many, Best Buy stores have assigned the same sku to the Lenticular version, as they have to the Steelbook version. So if you ordered online based on the sku shown in the initial pictures that surfaced, you may not receive a Steelbook, but a Lenticular version.

Found some info on an other forum, this one has been confirmd as a Best Buy Exclusive in the USA. Region free.

attachment.php

Release date: May 8th 2012
Price: $24.99
Region: A, B and C
Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MA, French 5.1 DTS-HD MA
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Additional pictures (thanks to ash333) -
kate1.jpg

kate2.jpg

kate3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I think she was plenty upset enough when I said I was buying these for forum members to give to them at cost and she saw me at the register with my stack :hilarious:

And like I said she wou;dn't even have had that one if it weren't for me being courteous. EEK!

:D
You should have told her that these would just give her a headache as they dent and scratch easily while the amarays are dent free and can withstand plenty of punishment.

Reactions: mllNY
Steels seem to be available in stores in 2010

but I guess those days are gone.

Yep, those days are long gone - only steels at my store are scarface.

Disneys haven't been instore since early 2011 when they did clearance pricing to get rid of them...

Yep, those days are long gone - only steels at my store are scarface.

Disneys haven't been instore since early 2011 when they did clearance pricing to get rid of them...

The only Steels I've seen in Best Buy lately are some leftover DVD Steels of Halo and Watchmen Tales of the Black Freighter.

Just got back from best buy they had none and did not even know there was a steelbook for this movie and they wonder why best buy just closed down 50 plus stores in the us and will prob go out of buisness.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dvdjunkie
Hey guys I am a happy dude as my wife has just ordered this as a surprise for me!

Someone is selling these in the US on ebay for £25.99 with free delivery to the UK!

Pretty sweet price tbh.

I cannot wait to get my copy! Yikes!!!

Read more: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/18130/&page=15#ixzz1uaaR2yo9

Congrats! This one is a keeper, your wife that is! :hilarious::hilarious:

Seriously that is a really good price especially on ebay!

Help!

I AM DEVASTATED! EEK!

If anyone can help me out I would be very grateful.

Turns out the wife didn't realise that for Buy It Now items you often need to pay straight away otherwise the order doesn't process therefore it appears that she never completed the order! To make matters worse the seller increased the price to £32 and now the listing has closed! I am seriously gutted. :(

Someone needs to turn my frown upside down! It's a friday and I don't have that feeling atm! :tear::tear::tear:

Last edited by a moderator:
Please use a trading thread or post in the "I'm looking for X steelbook" if you'd like some help with this release.

I opened my copy and discovered a couple of scratches and a couple of pinhead sized impressions on the backcover. /disappointing

I opened my copy and discovered a couple of scratches and a couple of pinhead sized impressions on the backcover. /disappointing

On closer inspection, I found a small indent on the lycan's head on the back cover on my copy.

But it wasn't so much a dent or a ding and just some kind of outright defect, almost like a slotted screwdriver or something "punched" the back of the steelbook.

This had to have happened before the cover was put on and the case shrink-wrapped. There's no paint in the indent either.

Makes me wonder if Best Buy bought up the Future Shop rejects?

Hey Acid-yes, the confusion all started when the first pic surfaced with the sku ending in '212'-it pictured a Steelbook (our OP, with pic from another site). Usually the same sku is not assigned to 2 different products. However, it seems there was some confusion where when the Steels got to the store, they assigned the same sku to the Steel as the Lenticular. So the sku that was on the website belonged to the Lenticular, and the Steels seems to have never made it to the web (unless some people ordered online and did receive Steels). We removed the ordering link when this was discovered, as apsmith21 and others posted, but I am sure many people had the same issue based on initial info that circulated the web. Lots and lots of similar stories in our own thread, too...

Hey Acid-yes, the confusion all started when the first pic surfaced with the sku ending in '212'-it pictured a Steelbook (our OP, with pic from another site). Usually the same sku is not assigned to 2 different products. However, it seems there was some confusion where when the Steels got to the store, they assigned the same sku to the Steel as the Lenticular. So the sku that was on the website belonged to the Lenticular, and the Steels seems to have never made it to the web (unless some people ordered online and did receive Steels). We removed the ordering link when this was discovered, as apsmith21 and others posted, but I am sure many people had the same issue based on initial info that circulated the web. Lots and lots of similar stories in our own thread, too...

Has this happened before with them or is this just an isolated instance that it just happened? I'd like to be able to order online with them in the future without some weird fluke or mishap taking place.

Hi Acid,I don't recall it happening but it may have. Unfortunately, errors occur, so I am not sure we can prevent them all. But in the past the Steelbook version was listed separately on their website (usually as an Exclusive of some sort), i.e. Salt. But in this instance, it may have been that they received late notice, since the run was likely split with FS since they own them, and it could not be put in the system quick enough, as a separate item. I don't know, but hopefully next time they get it right.

Reactions: Lone Crusader