War for the Planet of the Apes (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Jul 13, 2016
United kingdom
Release date: November 27th , 2017
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
01-397956.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From what i heard, is not only the best from the trilogy movie but they say its the best movie of the summer.

Good to hear, hadnt looked at any reviews yet.

I watched the first 2 over the weekend and I forgot how slow and boring dawn is. Looks great n all and the apes on horses with guns look amazing but the film was a drag so I was hoping they would pick it up for this one

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
To buy or not to buy. All though it's a good price for the content, the 4k has put around 3 or 4 pound onto the price, which is considerable when added up, seen as the last few releases have been like this. (I don't have 4k)

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
To buy or not to buy. All though it's a good price for the content, the 4k has put around 3 or 4 pound onto the price, which is considerable when added up, seen as the last few releases have been like this. (I don't have 4k)
It has put £3-4 on the price and if (like me) your not set up for 4K yet then u may be bothered about paying the extra. However, 4K will be all there will be eventually so they're going to slowly introduce it no matter what. I'm just thankful it's not more money. Don't mind paying £25 but if it was more than that I'd probably not bother. I think if they're going to slowly introduce 4K this way and still include 3D and 2D at this fair price (for people like us) it keeps everyone happy and by the time 4K is in everyone's homes and they only need to include the 4K disk the price should stay at this price by then as there would be no need for the standard Blurays

Will go great with previous steelbook / futurepak artwork :thumbs: and the fact the steelbook has a 3D and/or 4K disc included (even if one is not set up for either) should be considered an excellent move as fully loaded steelbooks should be the norm rather than the exception.
Steelbooks finally fulfilling their premium packaging for films destiny (vs. plastic keep cases) . . . providing the all in one package has got to be the best move ever . . . even if it adds a couple or few quid to the price.
That being said if this had just been a 2D only release I doubt it would have been any cheaper than £19.99 anyway.

Artwork taken from original poster design and better than the other main example with girl:-
dvfex88j.jpg
olojndaj.jpg

For the back it's got to be one of these (hopefully):-
mxb0ua90.jpg
rrb9ufkd.jpg

2D Blu-ray discs will be with us until the death of films on discs :)

To join these lil' beauties:-
RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES (2011 release) Play.com exclusive
upload_2017-7-11_14-50-23.png
upload_2017-7-11_14-51-8.png

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES (2014 release) HMV exclusive
full
full

Dawn_of_the_Planet_of_the_Apes_Lenticular_Limited_SteelBook_Edition_Kimchidvd_collection_No.02_25.gif

RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES (2014 release) Fox exclusive futurepak (500 units in the U.K.)
upload_2017-7-11_14-58-55.jpeg

U.S. Target release (same as ours) unboxing . . . and U.K. release

Last edited:
There needs to be a re-release of the first without an ugly printed back.

It has put £3-4 on the price and if (like me) your not set up for 4K yet then u may be bothered about paying the extra. However, 4K will be all there will be eventually so they're going to slowly introduce it no matter what. I'm just thankful it's not more money. Don't mind paying £25 but if it was more than that I'd probably not bother. I think if they're going to slowly introduce 4K this way and still include 3D and 2D at this fair price (for people like us) it keeps everyone happy and by the time 4K is in everyone's homes and they only need to include the 4K disk the price should stay at this price by then as there would be no need for the standard Blurays

As long as they don't stop including bluray and 3d disks as I can't see myself upgrading to 4k anytime soon.

There needs to be a re-release of the first without an ugly printed back.

As long as they don't stop including bluray and 3d disks as I can't see myself upgrading to 4k anytime soon.

I'd actually be happy with a re release of the first with proper art

I refuse to buy the version with the printed back

HMV proving once again that Zavvi overcharge. Pre-ordered!
It's more to do what the dealer price is on each release and the film studio distributor involved

The trade wide release Spider-Man Homecoming 3D/2D resin magnet steelbook
Both HMV and Zavvi price the same both £24.99

I'm READY for this film! :drool: Hopefully Best Buy will offer another Steelbook Exclusive! :hungry: If not, this will be mine! :thumbs: