War for the Planet of the Apes (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Jul 13, 2016
United kingdom
Release date: November 27th , 2017
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
01-397956.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Having previously liked the look of the (temporary) artwork it's now bugging me.
I saw the film earlier so is it wrong to be bugged by the fact that it appears Ceaser is carrying the girl (Nova) on his back even though this does not happen in the film!?

I
Having previously liked the look of the (temporary) artwork it's now bugging me.
I saw the film earlier so is it wrong to be bugged by the fact that it appears Ceaser is carrying the girl (Nova) on his back even though this does not happen in the film!?
I've not seen the film but this art looks to me like she's stood behind him looking over his shoulder

• Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T
Am I the only one who found dawn incredibly boring until the last 30 mins?

I'm hoping this is miles better

At least woody should be able to save it (if it's not great) but then dawn had oldman and even he couldn't save that

At least woody should be able to save it (if it's not great) but then dawn had oldman and even he couldn't save that

Woody is a fairly 1-Dimensional character with a single good scene of emotional depth. He really doesn't add anything to the film.
At least Dawn tried to be it's own movie- this film seems like Matt Reeves really wanted to film a WWII Internment Camp drama rife with Jesus-analogies.... but re-skinned the film in Planet of the Apes.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo

ill say this i was never a fan of the originals, i found the new rise to be ok but dawn wow was my favorite movie of 2014 im really excited for this,

Woody is a fairly 1-Dimensional character with a single good scene of emotional depth. He really doesn't add anything to the film.
At least Dawn tried to be it's own movie- this film seems like Matt Reeves really wanted to film a WWII Internment Camp drama rife with Jesus-analogies.... but re-skinned the film in Planet of the Apes.

Hmmm don't sound promising

ill say this i was never a fan of the originals, i found the new rise to be ok but dawn wow was my favorite movie of 2014 im really excited for this,

I didn't mind the 1st original film but not a fan of the others

I loved rise. I love Franco (mainly in comedy) but he had only really done a few serious roles with the majority being awful and I thought he was great in that and 127 hours. And then lithgow and cox were great too. There were no slow patches in that film either and a great new take on it. IMO

Originally I liked dawn but I watched it again last week and I just found it so slow and boring. I like a slow burner when done well and I'm sucker for strong gripping dialogue but I quickly realised not with a apes film (which is what they were trying to do but with apes grunting and using sign language lol - which sounds cool but just didn't work). I also found the cast to be quite mismatched. But then I'm not huge on that Clarke guy (he was great in zero dark but not much else)

There is one particular shot I adore in dawn though. Toward the end when Koba jumps on the tank and the turret is moving with the camera stuck on the back of it. Love that shot

• Thanks
Reactions: yardman
Just got given a bunch of prints, I've never seen this artwork and I believe it's exclusive to Vue cinemas but I might be wrong. Thought they looked quite cool

View attachment 322668
My brother was trying to describe this poster to me a few weeks ago. He had seen the posters up around Glasgow but found it impossible to find the image online to show me. Must be quite rare then.

• Thanks
My brother was trying to describe this poster to me a few weeks ago. He had seen the posters up around Glasgow but found it impossible to find the image online to show me. Must be quite rare then.

I've never seen them before.

A family member grabbed them. He's a plumber and the firm he works for has Vue as a customer. He's managed to get a a few cool things. Giant alien covenant poster and metal rogue one popcorn holder etc

TBC artwork certainly the most familiar of all the poster designs for the film and seen in the majority of territories. (some 46 in all from Argentina to Vietnam).
The other similar poster is IMO a better choice . . . as far as the title goes:-
itnmlqwv.jpg

As for the OP image - although a good one - it doesn't make much sense as a genuine image ,. . . considering the strap around Caesar's shoulder is not for a papoose or baby/child carrier but actually is a sling for a rifle.
Furthermore, It's impossible for Nova to be the same height as Caesar . . . on horseback - as seen in this other famous poster - or standing on the ground.
zuq8sgym.jpg

Reactions: bluray hunter
Just got given a bunch of prints, I've never seen this artwork and I believe it's exclusive to Vue cinemas but I might be wrong. Thought they looked quite cool

Yeah it's an exclusive print/poster from vue, I've not seen the artwork anywhere else or know who did it though... It's a nice bonus lately from cinemas, I've had a Logan, a Kong skull island, and a Spider-Man one from the odeon and now a PotA one from vue, slightly annoying that 3 of them are not 'standard' sizes so frames are not easily bought if I choose to display them. They are all nice but not quite as nice as the dark knight lenticular IMAX poster that changes from Batman/Harvey Dent/Joker I got from the opening night IMAX screening...

• Thanks
Hi guys, when it says 4K + 3D + 2D, does that mean it includes a 1080p 2D version of the film? If yes, I'll buy right away for future proofing, despite not owning a 4K BD player yet.