What do you guys do for a living?

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
I would just like to know seeing as a lot spend their time in the forum lol care to share?

I work for a testing company, we do peripheral testing, software testing, USB certs, Zigbee cert, WiMax testing, DisplayPort Testing, Wireless USB cert, MOCA, XM & Sirius test, cell phone testing, soon we will do tests for DirecTV and Sony Playstation (hopefully!)

We also do some Zune testing and we rarely do some Xbox 360 work.

I do anything they let my hands on here :) lol pretty cool stuff passes through here.

Last edited:
jack
of
all
trades

I do alot of things... internet based ventures, web design company, and work in the LPG industry.

I am a Student at a College University. I'm here to be a Civil Engineer like GlenBob, so i can rake in the money.

I'm a designer not an engineer, HUGE difference. I get to do all the things an engineer does but at the end of the day he has to stamp the drawings and take the blame if the **** falls down. I can't lose, mwahahahahaha.

oh yes, and thx for reminding me Wreck. I AM A ROCK STAR

I'm a designer not an engineer, HUGE difference. I get to do all the things an engineer does but at the end of the day he has to stamp the drawings and take the blame if the **** falls down. I can't lose, mwahahahahaha.

oh yes, and thx for reminding me Wreck. I AM A ROCK STAR

Well thats exactly what i want to do, i don't want the blame on me when stuff falls.. I have to go to engineering school to do that... Though i want to go into the transportation part of the field as i find it the most interesting.

Well thats exactly what i want to do, i don't want the blame on me when stuff falls.. I have to go to engineering school to do that... Though i want to go into the transportation part of the field as i find it the most interesting.

i do that as well. mostly just transportation studies. if you want to do what i do don't bother taking too many engineering courses just take a drafting trade and pick the rest up thru experience. that's all i did. i took the drafting trade at a local college, cost me all about 350 bucks tuition, haha. now i've been in the biz for almost 15 years and i picked the rest up on my own and with a little help from the engineers i've met over the years. it's a great career but it's also a little stressful being in the consulting world. I am almost ready to move over to a government position i think. getting a little beaten down by the clients, lol.

i do that as well. mostly just transportation studies. if you want to do what i do don't bother taking too many engineering courses just take a drafting trade and pick the rest up thru experience. that's all i did. i took the drafting trade at a local college, cost me all about 350 bucks tuition, haha. now i've been in the biz for almost 15 years and i picked the rest up on my own and with a little help from the engineers i've met over the years. it's a great career but it's also a little stressful being in the consulting world. I am almost ready to move over to a government position i think. getting a little beaten down by the clients, lol.

I'm doing it for the degree, I'll get paid more that way. I really just want to fix the horrible roads around here. I'm looking to work for the state I move to, so then I'm guaranteed a job for the rest of my life, with good benefits, even though the private sector gets paid much more and usually has cooler work.

I am a sales trainer for DirecTv. I will probably manage an office soon. Kinda stoked on that. I am also an Audio Visual tech for the Anaheim Marriott/Anaheim Convention Center.

I'm a nationally certified pharmacy technician. Which means I do everything the pharmacist should be doing but get paid about a quarter of what they make! Of course I haven't worked since 2004 so I can raise my little monkeys, but hopefully I can go back to work soon!