What if....

Well Sports on with on 120htz Tv looks very close to what movies look like in 24p. Giving it that smooth look. To most it looks un-natural because our eyes have been so used to 60fps. Once used to it there is no going back for me. There is no way ill watch my sports on 60fps.

No... Actually 60hz is closer to 24fps... 120hz is supposed to allow it so we don't have to pull down... Most people think the Motionflow on 120hz is what makes it into 24 its not.. its the 120hz, u always want to turn off motionflow, as it makes the movie look hella fake. Usually you want motionflow off, and real cinema on... When playing in 1080/24 it actually slows it down further than the 60hz, and also most movie theathers don't even play at 24fps, they play at 48fps to reduce flicker...

Never said it was the same. I meant the display itself has a smooth look to it as movies do in 24p. I know motionflow is not what causes this effect. Im not new to this.

Never said it was the same. I meant the display itself has a smooth look to it as movies do in 24p. I know motionflow is not what causes this effect. Im not new to this.

Nah, I had the argument with one of my collegues yesterday.. lol.. It looks a lil better than 60hz, but not huge like with motionflow, that ***** just crazy.. lol

LoL The sports that look the best in my opinion are Football, Soccer and Hockey. Fast paced sports are the ones that really shine with this feature in my opinon

No... Actually 60hz is closer to 24fps... 120hz is supposed to allow it so we don't have to pull down... Most people think the Motionflow on 120hz is what makes it into 24 its not.. its the 120hz, u always want to turn off motionflow, as it makes the movie look hella fake. Usually you want motionflow off, and real cinema on... When playing in 1080/24 it actually slows it down further than the 60hz, and also most movie theathers don't even play at 24fps, they play at 48fps to reduce flicker...

hmm that makes sense. :)

LoL The sports that look the best in my opinion are Football, Soccer and Hockey. Fast paced sports are the ones that really shine with this feature in my opinon

Definetly, i usually just sell plasmas... look better, they are cheaper, and easy to get calibrations on.. We run the Dark knight on an uncalibrated and calibrated, **** sells like hot cakes with that..

I thought you worked in Loss Prevention? :dunno:

Nope. I work mobile electronics, which is now Gaming, MP3, Digital cameras, and car audio.

I used to be a Customer Assistant and had to work in all departments, but I like to sly over to home theater and sell stuff when i'm bored.

I gotta agree with ricks earliar posts personally im a fan of lcd overs plasma and will always get a lcd screen, i personally think it looks better. Plus i think sports look great on lcd. :scat: