What will become the next Holy Grail Steelbook

Bluprint

Shoeprint
Premium Supporter
Jun 7, 2012
Westside, ATL, GA
This can be impossible to predict but with small print runs and many major Steelbook giants like Play & HMV going down maybe you're holding the next Holy Grail right now. So which one of the recent Steelbooks do you predict being the next Holy Grail's?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 260
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree 100%!! Also I don't think ANY of these overexpensive Asian steels will ever be grails, because they have no mass appeal whatsoever.

Totally agree. They're expensive, but they're just the same other releases but with some funny writing on. Sure I see the appeal, but if it comes to paying twice or three times the price, i'm happy to stick with the cheaper versions.

Reactions: frankfish44
Judging what will be the most rare steelbook you have to account the artwork, design and film value. I think Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Premium Edition Ver. 2.0)(Blu-ray Japan) is an excellent candidate for it.

Is this a serious post?

Yes, I think with its the upcoming prequel movie and exclusive to Canada nature this Gem will rise up this year.

Let a proof be told in the ebay site it got sold for $55.00 this January

This will be the Holy Grail for 2013

Especially that "OZ: The great and Powerful will be coming out!, The demand will rise up so high the cost of this steelbook will rise up as well

91TwGZ5x6UL._AA1500_.jpg

Once a collecting hobby has become mainstream the only way for "new grails" to appear would be due to a recall/defect or extremely limited release. If you look at other hobbies (aka the Magic the Gathering example from stevo) it is always the old stuff that nobody kept because it wasn't popular back then that draws the most value.

Now that there are so many of us into steelbooks and thanks to international hubs like this forum, there will likely never be another holy grail. Unless a release in a country slips by us all and we find out after the fact

Reactions: Bluprint
Anyone for Zavvi's Roger Rabbit?

Only 3000 copies, a popular movie, and lots of people seem to like the quality of the Steelbook.

I agree with this, it is (so far) a worldwide exclusive release, added to the fact that it sold out extremely quickly on pre-order and the fact that Zavvi cancelled a lot of international orders where mutiple copies were ordered. It is a great looking steel and I feel this has the chance of being a definate 'Grail'. Saying that I also don't know how popular this film will prove to be with people, it is a favourite of mine but don't know how widely that opinion is shared....It hasn't even been officially release yet (release date is 25/03/13) and it is already selling regularly for over double it's original price. I suppose we will know more if/when the hype dies down....

Reactions: movieknight
I doubt both Roger Rabbit or ZDT will be grail it maybe go up to around $100 range. They aren't really that popular. To be grail, movies has to be extremely popular or print run to be extremely low <1000. Just look at the grail list, it's either marvel movies, terminator etc or steelbook with like 500 print run.

Last edited:
Reactions: Top_cat2
My opinion hasn't changed since my last post in this thread:

I don't think there will be another grail. Too many people buying and keeping sealed copies to sell down the line. Not like when the grails were released when people didn't realise the potential value.