What will become the next Holy Grail Steelbook

Bluprint

Shoeprint
Premium Supporter
Jun 7, 2012
Westside, ATL, GA
This can be impossible to predict but with small print runs and many major Steelbook giants like Play & HMV going down maybe you're holding the next Holy Grail right now. So which one of the recent Steelbooks do you predict being the next Holy Grail's?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a couple of observations I have seen over time. Demand is always highest for most releases around release dates. Take for example Thor Kimchi is in super high demand at the moment and people asking silly money at present. Give it a month or so and demand will begin to fall and so will the prices. Every Kimchi exclusive has followed the same path. If you are selling, now is the right time. Otherwise, the thunder of this release will fall the more we learn of the blufans release. Not saying it doesn't have the potential, but even the so called grails have fallen on hard times. A year ago a sealed mint IM FS was pushing $850-$1000. Now I see asking $600 or best offer which is a tough sell in the current market

is that a riddle? :D

No, hehe. What I mean is that the next steelbook to reach grail status has already been released. What it is I don't know but it will only be revealed in a year or two. The Kimchi releases will rise quickly then drop equally quick. Releases like Dredd or Side Effects has potential but only time will tell. It takes time to reach grail status. Hype isn't the same as grail status.

Just a couple of observations I have seen over time. Demand is always highest for most releases around release dates. Take for example Thor Kimchi is in super high demand at the moment and people asking silly money at present. Give it a month or so and demand will begin to fall and so will the prices. Every Kimchi exclusive has followed the same path. If you are selling, now is the right time. Otherwise, the thunder of this release will fall the more we learn of the blufans release. Not saying it doesn't have the potential, but even the so called grails have fallen on hard times. A year ago a sealed mint IM FS was pushing $850-$1000. Now I see asking $600 or best offer which is a tough sell in the current market

Poor IM FS. Only $600, did you say? Tsk!

I think the value of Steels will continue to rise and fall but none will truly reach grail status ever again.

Last edited:
Reactions: snooloui
I think the value of Steels will continue to rise and fall but none will truly reach grail status ever again.

I agree. Those days are gone and it seems as the only reason the old grails hold their value is because that's what everyon that sells them lists them as. On an auction they might not get close to BIN prices.

If you ask me the glory days in terms of value are gone. That's not to say that it's impossible to make some cash here and there but in terms of doing so on a general basis I think those days are over.

I agree. Those days are gone and it seems as the only reason the old grails hold their value is because that's what everyon that sells them lists them as. On an auction they might not get close to BIN prices.

If you ask me the glory days in terms of value are gone. That's not to say that it's impossible to make some cash here and there but in terms of doing so on a general basis I think those days are over.

Agreed. Market is not only saturated but unpredictable as well. Vast majority of them don't seem to hold well.

I'm one of the ones who believes that the day of the "grail" is long gone, HOWEVER, with the way things have been going these past few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the MANY Frozen releases reaches grail status. I think anything getting to "true grail status" is highly unlikely, but Frozen certainly seems to have the potential over MANY others.

Popular movie (and a Disney at that!) + Low print run + VERY quick pre-order sellout = good potential for grail...

I'm one of the ones who believes that the day of the "grail" is long gone, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the MANY Frozen releases reaches grail status. I think anything getting to "true grail status.

Huh? :drool:

Frozen doesn't have what it takes to reach Grail Status. :D

Huh? :drool:

THOR 2 Lenti Kimchi Exclusive :D

Need I say more? Thor 2 will Rise, certainly. But FALL? I wouldn't count on it, Boyle.