Whiplash (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Apr 1, 2013
London
Release: June 1st, 2015
Purchase: Whiplash
Price: £20.99
Notes: Gloss with debossed title
Artwork as selected by Damien Chazelle from the Empire Online competition.

FRONT.JPG

BACK.JPG
steel1.jpg
steel2.jpg
steel3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:OMG: I honestly don't see how Blu Collection could top this. I hope they do, I just can't imagine how.

They won't but people will convince themselves they did.

Easily. It's called a slip box & art cards. Regardless of the design/artwork, I would always prefer a steelbook with art cards, a booklet, all housed inside a full slip box versus just a lonely steel on it's own.

Easily. It's called a slip box & art cards. Regardless of the design/artwork, I would always prefer a steelbook with art cards, a booklet, all housed inside a full slip box versus just a lonely steel on it's own.

exactly. its all about the whole package. after buying so many korean releases, buying a steelbook on its own now is just boring but we dont have much choice outside of korean releases. i love the artwork for this release, i hope the blu collection comes out with something fantastic

@paulboland

same question here, for this steel release, the movie version is it the same run time unedited as the US Amaray version...???
Its not released in the UK until June the 1st so cant give answer to that till someone checks the disk

At the moment its listed as 107 Min for both UK and USA Blu-rays but we cant say 100% with UK release until its in hand to check

I have a digital download of the USA Blu-ray release and will check later this week for the exact runtime

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Actarus
@paulboland

thanks again so much for the info, please once you know let me know by tagging me on the board as if edited, I will also grab a copy of the US Amaray...
just hope the UK steel will be Uncut regular version as seen Unrated

Nice simple art design (works for me)... debossing.. beautiful gold coloring... full gloss... great interior art. This is a very nice release! I was going to cancel my order with Zavvi, but not i'm not. So glad this one worked out!

Will definitely reorder as soon as the price drops. Something around £17.99 seems fair for this one, it's not a Disney or Marvel release after all.

- the bbfc doesn't indicate that the UK version is Edited, but it states has a Run time of 104 minutes and amazon.co.uk run time is 106 min

- when I look at Czech Steel it is 107 Minutes same as IMDB and amazon.com Amaray version is 107 minutes

so how should I judge this ???

HDN Exclusive First Look Showcase Video

This steelbook has a beautiful piano black finish, the debossing on the front is very precise and makes it look even classier, a simple design, a stunning steelbook.

Last edited: