Working Out Thread

the big race im training for is a 5 miler. its one of the biggest races in milwaukee, called Al's run. almost 15,000 people run the race EEK!

ive never done a marathon, and probably wont for some time. maybe when im out of residency :p

Sounds like you might need to work on your boxing skills. That's a lot of people all running at once.

I just weighed myself, I reached my first goal. I have lost about 75 lbs (so far). I've only been dieting and running, than a few push ups and sit ups.
Now I just need to join a gym to tone up. I need to get remotivated though.

I've been doing freeweights while watching season 1 of x-files.. totally awesome. My goal is to be a lean 185. Right now I'm trying to just get the weight to 185. Then I'll switch over to a muscle building diet for a month or so and then just go to a normal diet and have the typical stamina building workout with high reps and low weight to keep things in shape.

Honestly, I never thought I'd like Tennis, but after forcing myself to play a couple times and then learning the rules and having matches against the wife, my competitiveness took over and I love playing. Inadvertantly it's been good cardio.

I found something that works exceptionally well for me, the addition of leg weights. That has worked for me during each workout I must of shed on average 5 pounds a week using it. Weights 3 days and cardio 3 and it did the trick.

ok slackers, lets get back on this

i've been running for about a month now, plan to do a 5k probably the first week of may