Working Out Thread

grats on yer pound! I've lost 17 pounds since changing my diet last year, but I've also trimmed off body fat for muscles through exercise so I'm replacing my fat weight with muscle weight... the wife is starting to notice :naughty:

Wow, haven't heard that in a while. My buddies and i used to say that all the time.

Awwww, I need to break out some Ace Ventura Biatches! I couldn't even guess how many times I watched the first one. Had all the lines memorized.
Obsess much? :hilarious:

Yes, Satan? Oh, I'm sorry, sir. You sounded like someone else.

Well, why don't you cry about it. Saddlebags.

Ok I'll stop, this is the "work-out" thread". My bad! Allllrighty Then!

I've been LAZY with the gym. I haven't been in like 2 months. It's REALLY hard for me to make myself go.

I've been going on 30 minute walks every night when it cools off... but for some reason I just can't bring myself to go to the gym... Even though I have a membership.

I had to do the arms and shoulders yesterday and after finishing Ab ripper x I was beat. Never happened before. I've always had some energy leftover to go do something else. Not last night, I was absolutely drained. It's Yoga tonight. How I hate Yoga!

I had to do the arms and shoulders yesterday and after finishing Ab ripper x I was beat. Never happened before. I've always had some energy leftover to go do something else. Not last night, I was absolutely drained. It's Yoga tonight. How I hate Yoga!

I still wanna see a pic of you guys doing yoga! :hilarious:

So I went and bought a few new items: a pair of weights for your legs, a tri-band grips with 3 30lbs resistance bands, a jump rope, and a tread mill.

I am using the weights on my legs while I run and do ab ripper x and man does that burn like never before! I feel the burn even more than usual. During my runs I usually taken them off about a mile after and I feel so much lighter.

I replaced the dumbbells with the bands with a few exercises and boy was I sore the next day. Those things make wonders!

I am using the jump rope to warm up and it's helping me avoid pulled muscles during exercise. :scat:

So I went and bought a few new items: a pair of weights for your legs, a tri-band grips with 3 30lbs resistance bands, a jump rope, and a tread mill.

I am using the weights on my legs while I run and do ab ripper x and man does that burn like never before! I feel the burn even more than usual. During my runs I usually taken them off about a mile after and I feel so much lighter.

I replaced the dumbbells with the bands with a few exercises and boy was I sore the next day. Those things make wonders!

I am using the jump rope to warm up and it's helping me avoid pulled muscles during exercise. :scat:

Are they turning you into a wonder? :hilarious: Are you working out everyday again??

i ran 10 miles today :D got it done in 75 mins. not close to the shape i use to be in, but im getting there.

training for a race in oct. hopefully i can keep this up

A treadmill? you do know the sidewalks and road are free right? Too scared to run down some of those neighborhoods? haha.

just playing. seriously though, you're starting to go all out with all your new equipment.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

i ran 10 miles today :D got it done in 75 mins. not close to the shape i use to be in, but im getting there.

training for a race in oct. hopefully i can keep this up

.What are you running? Half marathon or full? I don't even think I'd make it 10 miles right now. I am getting stronger with my new home gym though. I'll start running again in about 2 or 3 weeks.

A treadmill? you do know the sidewalks and road are free right? Too scared to run down some of those neighborhoods? haha.

just playing. seriously though, you're starting to go all out with all your new equipment.

Well since my dad works at Marriott and they were doing some equipment update they sold it to me for $100. It's not so bad, they had just replaced the running band too. So I said why not. Plus I am too lazy to go running by the coast, here in San Pedro more than half the streets are downhills so yeah 10-15 minutes later I am tried of going up a hill and down a hill :D

Plus sometimes I work out late at night at 10 or 11. By the time I am done is midnight or later. I don't have to walk back home or anything. Occasionally, I'll go run at the marina and end up at the beach.

.What are you running? Half marathon or full? I don't even think I'd make it 10 miles right now. I am getting stronger with my new home gym though. I'll start running again in about 2 or 3 weeks.

the big race im training for is a 5 miler. its one of the biggest races in milwaukee, called Al's run. almost 15,000 people run the race EEK!

ive never done a marathon, and probably wont for some time. maybe when im out of residency :p