Young Frankenstein (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi / MCM Expo Comic Con Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Steelbook collectors should definitely stop by our stall (1361) at MCM Expo Comic Con... We'll be selling an Ultra Limited run of the Young Frankenstein #Steelbook with this electrifying artwork. Only 1000 copies! Good ol' Igor, we're glad he made the back cover.

Any unsold copies should be available online within a few days of event.
Via Zavvi Facebook page
Group Buy Hosted by: Naughtius Maximus < (Sold out)!

10697414_10152317061050146_2605977833952145561_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received a 5-20% mystery discount code from Zavvi... I'm definitely gonna try it on this tomorrow.

It's 'limited' to 1,000, 250-300 were sold and they have 'only' 200 left (for suckers, I mean collectors!!)

Zavvi maths 101!!! Doesn't even add up :hilarious:
MCM Comic Con was on for three days. Say they sold 300 the first day (based on what HUBMUSWELL said), that means they only had to sell 250 on each of the remaining days to be left with the 200 they say they held back.

Considering the two remaining days were the weekend, which I assume it'd be busier during, I'd say that seems pretty likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: dfoles
If 250-300 sold alone on the Friday were lucky they even have around 200 left

They had lot more selection of steelbooks on the Sat and Sun which would have gathered a bigger number of customers to their stall
If they sold the same amount on Sat and Sun it would have nearly sold out I'm just glad they kept a selection for customers who could not be at MCM Comic Con
As I and others requested they do this so we could purchase online

Reactions: dfoles
I had a couple of people ask so here are the language & Subtitles specs:
Language: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA & Italian 5.1 Dolby Digitel
Subtitles: Danish, Dutch, French, Finish, Italian, Norwegian & Swedish
The disc is Region B only.

Reactions: Hard Core
I had a couple of people ask so here are the language & Subtitles specs:
Language: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA & Italian 5.1 Dolby Digitel
Subtitles: Danish, Dutch, French, Finish, Italian, Norwegian & Swedish
The disc is Region B only.
Thanks for the info, but no English subtitles? :ohno:

Reactions: DecM
Unless Zavvi planned ahead and made 200 without it, I'd expect so as the only other option would be for them to unseal all the copies and remove it... I'm pretty sure people would complain about that!

With Zavvi nothing would surprise me

Does somebody know how the ordering system of Zavvi works? If you have a copy in your basket, is it than reserved? or is it after payment just like Kimchidvd?
After payment, Zavvi don't even have a real-time stock keeping system last I heard.

Last edited:
Does somebody know how the ordering system of Zavvi works? If you have a copy in your basket, is it than reserved? or is it after payment just like Kimchidvd?

If it is in the basket they will let you buy. But this is not a guarantee that you will receive the item. They can easily cancel your order later saying that "unfortunately we failed obtaining a copy for you from the supplier" :)

Big thanks to @whited001 for sorting me out with a copy of this (and the bomb-proof packaging)!

This Steelbook has a shiny metallic paint effect to it that looks fantastic, here's a video to show what I mean (as it's not clearly shown in pictures):

And of course some, pics to go along with it (view fullsize 3264x2448 pics here):
IMG_0836_sm.jpg

IMG_0850_sm.jpg

IMG_0846_sm.jpg

IMG_0856_sm.jpg

IMG_0842_sm.jpg

IMG_0854_sm.jpg

IMG_0859_sm.jpg

IMG_0831_sm.jpg