Zootopia (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #35) [China]

Dec 2, 2014
UK, China
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: TBA
Price: TBA
Group buy: Hosted by cooey HERE
Note:
WEA steelbook, Lenticular and Fullslip versions.
image.jpeg

1-2.jpg 2.jpg

Group buy allocation and prices -

1 click - $185 (55 sets)
Double Lenti - $64 (77)
Single Side Lenti - $62 (20)
Full Slip - $62 (10)

Last edited by a moderator:
What tracking sites are people using these days? I've tried the usuals and they keep timing out with my tracking number and I'm getting worried!

Hi guys,

after a failed delivery attempt last week (yeah... sure), I got the Double-sided Lenticular Slip today:

03.jpg

I like this edition over the Single-sided Lenticular Slip, but...

01.jpg 02.jpg

I don't think it's better than Kimchi's Lenti Slip. The image isn't as clear as in Kimchi's edition, because there're just too many tiny bits. Thus, the image in the Blufans edition are less crisp ("pixelated"). The depth is there, no question about that. It's a great artwork, too. But it doesn't trump the gorgeous Kimchi slip, in my particular observation.
Maybe the second lenticular (on the backside) will be better. I will open this edition soon and take a closer look.

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful edition, but not as great as I have expected it to be. Now I'm looking forward to a comparison between the regular Full Slips from KimchiDVD, Blufans, and Filmarena.

Last but not least: Thank you @cooey for organizing the GB!

Cheers

Last edited:
I also got my double lenti today and I love it!
While I don't own the Kimchi lenti to compare directly, it does look to be the better slip.

However the actual art used on blu fans steelbook is far better IMO. Also, Title on the spine & securing WEA is just the cherry on top.

Reactions: lgans316
Sorry for the stupid question,but as I'm quiet new to the premium releases,I was wondering does the double lenti have a lenti slipbox and an other lenti on the steelbook itself or how does it work?

Sorry for the stupid question,but as I'm quiet new to the premium releases,I was wondering does the double lenti have a lenti slipbox and an other lenti on the steelbook itself or how does it work?

Hi @steelbookz4eva - double lenti means the slip has a lenticular panel on both front and back of the slip, the steelbook is (in this case) embossed but not lenticular.
It is a gorgeous edition :drool:

Hi @steelbookz4eva - double lenti means the slip has a lenticular panel on both front and back of the slip, the steelbook is (in this case) embossed but not lenticular.
It is a gorgeous edition :drool:
Thanks. Could I ask you to share some pictures if that's fine with you ? I'm really curious how it looks :whistle:

Single sided lenti arrived today and I must disagree with those saying the front is dark and the lenti isn't that clear. Mines perfect, really bright and vibrant. I already own the Kimchi lenti and on a brightness level they are pretty much the same. On movement I'd say they are also pretty equal. Maybe some of you got duff copies. Only area Kimchi wins is on the back art and box construction as Blufans have always been poorer than Kimchi and Nova with their boxes and card.

Received my one-click set today (from the GB at BD.com).

Lenticular is misaligned. Looks quite bad. Was this meant to be a loose Lenticular magnet?

Contacted Kevin for resolution. My first ever issue with a Blufans release (to the best of my knowledge).

Attachments

• IMG_20170301_205434232.jpg
    IMG_20170301_205434232.jpg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20170301_205450482.jpg
    IMG_20170301_205450482.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20170301_205507138.jpg
    IMG_20170301_205507138.jpg
    983.7 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20170301_205519768.jpg
    IMG_20170301_205519768.jpg