QQ图片20160811172428.jpg

115326asfqnfa2jdxaxsfq.jpg

115324beu5ezexc6zgkzfn.jpg

115322efoocroqehx5cex2.jpg

115319bbuhuh2hhzyu1bza.jpg

115318s4qhp02x47oo4yo7.jpg

1200088e3nzwyc4e78yex8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Both editions look great! Glad I went with the one click. My only gripe is that there isn't a "Mondo Steelbook" banner on the lower left corner of the variant slip like there is on the regular slip.

Wow. Both editions look great! Glad I went with the one click. My only gripe is that there isn't a "Mondo Steelbook" banner on the lower left corner of the variant slip like there is on the regular slip.

I just checked the rest of the Mondo Variant editions (Looper, Boyhood and Terminator 2)
None of them have any mention of Mondo on them.

Reactions: DJ IXS
OK. Thank you for your reply.

I was sure that the steelbooks were the same but I didn't realize that the numbered editions were just a sticker on the shrink wrap. Not sure what the point of numbering them is then.

Or are they actually making more than 2000? And they will just stop numbering them once the first 2000 are gone?

Anybody know if that's what happened with the Terminator 2 Variant? I don't know if they were ever numbered but on the Best Buy website in Canada it reads:

"Some of the features of the SKYNET 1997 version Blu-ray SteelBook:
Limited to 1997 units"

I'm guessing they made a lot more than that since they are always in stock and go on sale quite often.
I think the last time they went on sale for $9.99, their lowest price yet.

Right now they are regular price of $32.99.
All the Variant copies had the same Skynet 1997 Sticker on. I don't think they will have produced more, I think there have been so many T2 Steelbooks the market has become saturated. There are quite a few of the other Mondo titles that still haven't sold out either.

im glad they didnt ... if the only extra is the art on the slip then glad its not covered by any logo stuff.

Speaking of variants ... little known fact on the T2 is that the product buyer for FutureShop tried hard to get it to include cyberdyne systems pass

• Thanks
Reactions: rj531 and Sigill
im glad they didnt ... if the only extra is the art on the slip then glad its not covered by any logo stuff.
I believe the only difference with the Variant editions of Looper, Boyhood and Avengers is the slipcover.

The only Variant they changed from the regular version was Terminator 2.

I believe the only difference with the Variant editions of Looper, Boyhood and Avengers is the slipcover.

The only Variant they changed from the regular version was Terminator 2.

I never noticed all the other previous Variant editions had logo less slips. I guess I'm glad they kept the conformity then. :thumbs:

Received both of mine earlier... the box they came in looked like it'd seen better days, but thankfully all the bubblewrap kept the items safe! My only minor complaint is that there's some slight warping in a few places on the front of the slip for my standard copy... the variant seems fine though from what I can see (haven't unwrapped that one). I'm half tempted to contact BF about it, because for the price I paid I expect mint items. Really pleased with the steelbook itself though... another great Mondo X release! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: DJ IXS
OK so I received more than 1 copy each of the Reg. and Variant. There does seem to be some minor warping on the slipcovers of the regular editions. But that is nothing compared to the warping on the lower front at the bottom of the Variant edition slipcovers (all my copies). I haven't taken the shrink wrap off of them but when I say warped I mean that the lower front of the slipcover is raised so high that It feels like the rest of the Steelbook feels like it has a deep dent in it! I don't know if this is due to the tight shrink wrap or what.

Has anybody else received any copies like that? If so have you opened them, and what kind of condition is the steelbook in? Or is everything fine once you take the shrink wrap off? Does the slipcover return to its' proper shape once freed from the shrink wrap?

A lot of questions I realize but I've never seen this on a Mondo steelbook before and I have them all.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so I received more than 1 copy each of the Reg. and Variant. There does seem to be some minor warping on the slipcovers of the regular editions. But that is nothing compared to the warping on the lower front at the bottom of the Variant edition slipcovers (all my copies). I haven't taken the shrink wrap off of them but when I say warped I mean that the lower front of the slipcover is raised so high that It feels like the rest of the Steelbook feels like it has a deep dent in it! I don't know if this is due to the tight shrink wrap or what.

Has anybody else received any copies like that? If so have you opened them, and what kind of condition is the steelbook in? Or is everything fine once you take the shrink wrap off? Does the slipcover return to its' proper shape once freed from the shrink wrap?

A lot of questions I realize but I've never seen this on a Mondo steelbook before and I have them all.

Thank you for your time.

Yeah, you should review the other thread, there's been a lot of back and forth on the variant thread about the same thing. Some folks recommended lightly using a hairdryer to get the PET back in shape.

I've quoted some posts below from the other thread for you - it happened on the Thing from Target on a lot of copies I saw, so it's not the first time.

I just got mine today, and I was excited until I saw the deep trench across the front.
You can see it in my pic here. I noticed the one posted by usedtobe appears to have a similar warping.
I've never bought from blufans before, is this standard quality control from them?
View attachment 262360

I spoke to Blufans CS about this, and so far they're offering to send a replacement "Variant PET slip". (I'm not sure what "PET" is)

But now I'm worried about something else.
I never intended to open up my copy because the shrink wrap on this thing appears to be the only thing that has the number/2000 on it.
So, A, a replacement slip isn't ideal. B, I'm afraid to open this up to see if there is damage on the physical steelbook itself. :dunno:

So, that's the thing, I don't know if the steelbook is dented underneath the slip because I don't want to remove the shrinkwrap, and I can't tell by feeling it if the steelbook is damaged underneath.
My guess is that the steelbook is probably fine underneath, it was maybe just the heat that caused the plastic to warp.

This was a pretty common problem with the Target wave of the Universal Mondo steelbooks (The Thing is where I saw it happen the most) - steelbooks were in fine shape but the plastic slip ended up warped - generally in the same place on a very large number of copies I saw.

If you compress the steelbook lightly with your thumb or finger, does it bounce back? If it does it's likely in fine shape, dents won't bounce back into shape.

Got this today and I love the steel and slip but to be honest I'm dissapointed with the rippling waves on it that others are saying they have.
I didn't realise the steel was going to be shrinkwraped Inside and around the PET slip too.
It's extremely tight too like others are saying and I was wondering if it's because the steel is also in plastic. It also looks like where the steel is so tight it's pushed the glue out on the PET spine causing it to ripple. Not sure though

I can also only put the steel back through one way.
I haven't opened the sealed steel yet because I'm a bit worried the steel will scratch going back in the slip so for now I'll keep it sealed.

I'm going to email blufans to see if this is to all slips or just some. If they have slips without ripples then i would like a new PET sent to me

View attachment 263218

View attachment 263205 View attachment 263214 View attachment 263217

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and C.C. 95
Thank you for your reply. I have now read the other thread and I now have a better understanding of the situation.

But I see nobody wants to take the chance of opening a copy to see if there is any damage to the steelbook itself. Which is understandable.

Thanks again.

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Thank you for your reply. I have now read the other thread and I now have a better understanding of the situation.

But I see nobody wants to take the chance of opening a copy to see if there is any damage to the steelbook itself. Which is understandable.

Thanks again.

No worries, glad to help.

It could very likely be just the PET slip, but either way, I'm certain that BluFans will help sort you out if there are damages to the steelbook.

Seems like they are willing to stand behind their product from what I'm seeing.

Thanks again.

I opened my variant and standard steelbook and the books themselves don't have any damage. It just is the slip, my variant is worse than the standard but I can live with a wrinkled slip on something that isn't seen because of how I have them portrayed on the shelf

• Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
Thank you apsmith21, gosthunter02, and paulboland.

All of your information has been very helpful.

apsmith21 for letting me know of the widespread problem and pointing me to the other thread.

gosthunter02 for opening them up. I'm glad to hear that your actual steelbooks aren't damaged and I see what you mean about them sitting on the shelf. You're right. The problem doesn't show up on the spine. :happy:

and paulboland thank you for your post way back about customs price requests. I was not aware you could request that. I had already placed my orders, then saw your post a day or 2 later, emailed them with the request and they got back to me right away. You saved me a lot of extra money. In Canada, as in a lot of Europe, they impose import charges on totals over $20.

You folks in the U.S. have a nice deal with the $800 exemption. :)