Real Steel (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box) (Blufans Exclusive #1) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Blufans site Exclusive Metal Box (Viva) coming soon, embossed design, limited edition 1000.

realsteel.jpg

61e75fb8jw1dosrjrgn7ij.jpg

inside art.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The cover is approved by Disney. However, the MB is not finalized. Preorder is starting at Blufans now. They have to have 500 preorders in order to make it happened.

From what I've read the blufans forums and this actually started only from 12-Dec 2011 and they need to gather at least 500pcs by 12th January 2012.
It's very close to the dateline now, not sure what's the order now.

The details I read was that it shares design with Hong Kong and Taiwan as well.
Meaning they need to get at least 500pcs upfront to get it launch in China with their exclusive cover, else it might be the same as Hong Kong and Taiwan cover release.

They launch it at Taobao.com and listed as 500pcs available, 5 mins ago it was still stands at 406 available. Less than 100pcs sold in a month.

If we can gather here another 100pcs, it might be quite impressive to them.

If I read correctly, they stated MB which is the Metal Box packaging.
Ok, I just read it again. They are having special price of RMB198 until 12-01-2012 only, after this date, it would be RMB298 as stated in the forums.

updated thread title as it's a Viva Metal Box. Hey folks - let's leave the "include me in the group buy posts" for the trading forum.

I believe there are things currently being discussed, so keep a lookout in the group buy section for that in the future.

Let's keep this thread for the discussion of the movie / item release info.

Thanks everyone!

Back there in China, plenty of steelbook fans there.
I've seen their collections in photos they posted, :drool::drool:
Even the Rambo "tatto" version are own by many of them. :drool:

All the IP release from China is a must have for the collectors/fans there.

I really hope this release is meterialised and gotten this cover look instead of getting the same as the rest like Taiwan and Hong Kong. ;)

Reactions: ash333
From what I've read the blufans forums and this actually started only from 12-Dec 2011 and they need to gather at least 500pcs by 12th January 2012.
It's very close to the dateline now, not sure what's the order now.

The details I read was that it shares design with Hong Kong and Taiwan as well.
Meaning they need to get at least 500pcs upfront to get it launch in China with their exclusive cover, else it might be the same as Hong Kong and Taiwan cover release.

They launch it at Taobao.com and listed as 500pcs available, 5 mins ago it was still stands at 406 available. Less than 100pcs sold in a month.

If we can gather here another 100pcs, it might be quite impressive to them.

Does this mean the steelbook from those markets (taiwan etc.) is marketed wrong and is actually a metal box? Curious ... as I would hate for people to order a steelbook and get a metal box instead.

Does this mean the steelbook from those markets (taiwan etc.) is marketed wrong and is actually a metal box? Curious ... as I would hate for people to order a steelbook and get a metal box instead.

That's a good question. I had assumed it was like The Lion King when I first heard of this release, but now...

:ohno:

That's a good question. I had assumed it was like The Lion King when I first heard of this release, but now...

:ohno:

I think the HK/Taiwan markets are getting the steelbook. As Kevin mentioned earlier, this exclusive design is approved by Disney and they only need to decide if it is MB or SB for this design. And they would need at least 500 pre-orders to make this exclusive design a reality which I believe has been decided to be on a metal box (probably due to the lack of time). It would be awesome if HDN could cover the remaining numbers for them by Jan. 12th and start a new venture of sorts for the future. Just saying....

I think the HK/Taiwan markets are getting the steelbook. As Kevin mentioned earlier, this exclusive design is approved by Disney and they only need to decide if it is MB or SB for this design. And they would need at least 500 pre-orders to make this exclusive design a reality which I believe has been decided to be on a metal box (probably due to the lack of time). It would be awesome if HDN could cover the remaining numbers for them by Jan. 12th and start a new venture of sorts for the future. Just saying....

I think we could put a pretty sizable dent into that number. Maybe someone could start a thread to gauge the interest, or we could put a poll on this thread.

For those hoping for a steelbook - a couple of staff members here on HDN have heard that Disney has decided to do a metal box for this release and a prototype has already been mocked up.

That being said, until there is direct & linkable information that is verifiable, we'll all likely hear different flavors of the above. ;)

But from everything I have heard - I sincerely doubt that the edition for blufans will be a steelbook release.

I have posted an interest or group buy there, saying it's from a highly reputable steelbook forums from the states and europe. Targeting a 3 digits qty and you know what ???
My post were removed and immediately received a PM asking me to contact the mod direct.

Reactions: Staind
AP, I agree-The mockup doesn't look like a Steelbook-it looks very much like Vivas other mockups from the past. I was not going to get this film in any version anyway, but definitely no on a Viva box, for me, personally.