Real Steel (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box) (Blufans Exclusive #1) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Blufans site Exclusive Metal Box (Viva) coming soon, embossed design, limited edition 1000.

realsteel.jpg

61e75fb8jw1dosrjrgn7ij.jpg

inside art.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have posted an interest or group buy there, saying it's from a highly reputable steelbook forums from the states and europe. Targeting a 3 digits qty and you know what ???
My post were removed and immediately received a PM asking me to contact the mod direct.

Removed? Interesting. I wonder if there is some possible regional contractual implications surrounding the new design. This design could be approved with certain stipulations to keep it within the China market and not cannibalize sales of the neighboring markets. So did you contact the mod? :naughty:

N3, it's possible they don't want anyone to run group buys for other forums on their site, or prefer you contact them before a whole bunch of people get roped into a group and then the release doesn't happen. No idea....

A bit of extra info, not necessarily just for N3-most are familiar with this already but we have new members joining every day....

If anyone wants to do a group buy for this release, for our members, feel free to post it in the Group Buy forum at our site.

You would then be responsible for coordinating the orders from your source, and keeping our members informed here. It's not necessary to discuss anything with another site, unless it has to be done due to any restrictions, or because someone there is actually supplying them to you. You could simply handle it as Kevin did for 'Let the Bullets Fly'. He obtained the info, had the items shipped to him, and then sent them out. All updates were posted in his group buy thread.

It's not a good idea to do it without a thread, because you'll end up with a bunch of PM's regarding questions, etc that you'll need to manually keep track of, which can get out of hand. And mods can't see what's happening/help protect anyone if things go bad. In addition, no one should be promising that our site's members will committ to xxx qty, as it's not clear how many people would 'actually' buy, until you have payment. People sadly drop out of group buys all of the time, and break their commitments for various reasons. With several Steelbooks(TM) of this movie being released, many folks will choose the Steelbook(TM) instead.

If something happens and the release is cancelled, etc, you'll just need to let the members know, via your thread here. It's happened many times where details change, as we've all seen. If you accept funds beforehand, so you don't have to pay for them all, then obviously the members need to be refunded as well.

Just a few things to keep in mind. If you have any other questions regarding trading/group buys, please PM me. Either way, someone will need to take the lead, if you want to try to help members here-good luck!.

Thanks! :scat:

Last edited:
AP, I agree-The mockup doesn't look like a Steelbook-it looks very much like Vivas other mockups from the past. I was not going to get this film in any version anyway, but definitely no on a Viva box, for me, personally.

Personally I enjoyed this movie and would love to get it in as many flavors as possible EXCEPT the Viva box. They just feel like a plastic case. I think it is too late for this to be a Steelbook but not too late for an Ironpak unless the legal settlement has completely wiped out the IP manufacturer.

Alright people, lets get the list rolling so I know how many are interested in this.
I'll be in contact directly with the mod from blufans.com

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

I've read through all 20pages of the 2 thread started by the mod of Blufans forums.

Approval for getting a exclusive released in China is approved, Disney then decided to go with MB with a limit of 1000 copies but at least 500 copies must be secured by 12-January-2012. Anything less than this would not get a go ahead.
Which means only HKG/Taiwan get's the release which I suspected it's steelbook.

According to blufans mod, The final design and approval are all from Disney. (**corrected from previous statement)

Last edited:
The release is going to be a Viva metal box confirmed, not a steelbook. The cover design is exclusive to blufans site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ash333
I wish blufans secured a steelbook instead :(

Disney needs to be consistent...either release it in steelbook or metalbox only. If I know metalbox is the only metal release, then I would love to buy this.... :(

I personally love the VIVA metal box look and in particular the appearance of this one - and (provided I get up to the thirty posts level in time) will trying to get one in the group buy.

It's not that hard to reach 30 post as there are many titles and category that we are in discussion. :D

I personally love the VIVA metal box look and in particular the appearance of this one - and (provided I get up to the thirty posts level in time) will trying to get one in the group buy.

Reactions: darczap