Batman: The Dark Knight (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

DJHilalo

In Memoriam 2009 - 2019
In Memoriam
Apr 21, 2009
UK
Yet another one for you :rolleyes:

Release Date: 14/04/2012
Preorder from: Yesasia (US$47.99); Kimchi ($36.99) & K2DVD ($45.99) ;)

13335939329572014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow.... ouch! So much for the Japan steels being exclusive. This is just lame IMO. To top it off it looks like these are two disc versions over the singular Japan ones I think.

wow.... ouch! So much for the Japan steels being exclusive. This is just lame IMO. To top it off it looks like these are two disc versions over the singular Japan ones I think.
Tell me about man that just sucks, paid a lot of mula to obtain those Japanese ones for supposedly be their exclusivity but now this :rolleyes: :angry:

Yes!

So glad I decided to hold off on ordering from amazon.jp, this one however will be mine :scat:

Has anyone used Kimchi? They are the cheapest, but I'd rather use someone reputable than someone cheap.

Hey guys, that's fine. The Japanese release will have greater value in the future. This is not the fist time several countries release the same artwork. Example: Final Fantasy Advent Children has several releases, but the Taiwan version is 4 times more valuable than the others. This is probably going to be the same thing.

Just to give you guys some hints that why Japan steelbook are always price higher then the rest of the world.
Only steelbook released from Japan have Japenese subtitles and audio with it, the rest of them do not have it. Once it's sold out the price will immediately shot up. As those who miss the chance in getting them will find it hard to get a copy with Japanese audio and subtitle in it, so they would pay higher price to get them.
One simple example is 2012, I bought my copy of 2012 for only US$20.
Sold one recently back to Japan for US$160 and the price is still going up. :D
Don't worry too much if you had gotten the Japan release, I guess most of you would have them sealed. They are still the highest value compare to the rest. :oohyeah:

Interesting Alex, thanks!

Although I will be passing on this because I have the JP releases, it's a great chance for fans of Korean Steelbooks, or those chose to skip the JP wave to add the films to their collections. Some people don't care about reselling whatsoever, so this presents an opportunity for them to join the Steelbook fun! :scat:

I'm not really bothered about the one disc/2 disc. Everyone at home already has so many copies of this and we are not gonna buy this for the special features are we! lol. We are buying the steel case and the steel case only. IMO less discs the better because you can see more art work instead of case being clobbered with discs and you cannot see the inside artwork properly.

Reactions: WKRP
Has anyone used Kimchi? They are the cheapest, but I'd rather use someone reputable than someone cheap.
I already posted a reply to similar question on the other thread:

All three reliable sites, Yesasia is free shipping (on check out I'd ask them to inspect steelbook first and to pack well in sturdy cardboard box though), Kimchi normally charge about $5-$8 for 1 steelbook, you can mark it down in value & as a gift - they tend to pack their parcels well but again I'd make a request, K2DVD as my friend MayFlower would say are the safest as they know how picky WE/collectors are with our steelbooks, so they always check prior to packing and pack their steels inside sturdy boxes, they normally charge about $7-$8 for one steelbook, they also give member discount (~3%) ;)

I order from all three all the time so no problem whatsoever, if I were to choose I'd go with the cheapest, Kimichi ;)

Reactions: WKRP
This is a blessing. I skipped out on the Japanes releases because I wasn't going to pay for the outragous shipping charges. Now I have an oportunity to still get them from Korea. I hope that Seven, The Matrix & Blade Runner also get released too. I'll keep a watchful eye out for them as well. :D

This is a blessing. I skipped out on the Japanes releases because I wasn't going to pay for the outragous shipping charges. Now I have an oportunity to still get them from Korea. I hope that Seven, The Matrix & Blade Runner also get released too. I'll keep a watchful eye out for them as well. :D

If you are buying multiple steelbooks from amazon.jp it all works out the same price a little over £30 - £32 including custom charges. If you are ordering less than 4 steelbooks that is when the shipping will hit you. The yesasia price has already included the shipping in its charges anyway so it isn't free shipping. Your payin around £30 a steelbook but at least you get to order one for same price instead of paying around £40 for a single steelbook from japan and then the custom fees.

It benefited for me, as I ordered a lot of steelbooks from there, it all worked out the same and took about 3 days to ship to me when it was dispatched which is better than waiting 7-14 days from yesasia!

For some it worked out better with Japan, large order, faster tracked delivery.
As for yesasia, single orders better, slow delivery and items not tracked.

You pick which one you want :)

If you are buying multiple steelbooks from amazon.jp it all works out the same price a little over £30 - £32 including custom charges. If you are ordering less than 4 steelbooks that is when the shipping will hit you. The yesasia price has already included the shipping in its charges anyway so it isn't free shipping. Your payin around £30 a steelbook but at least you get to order one for same price instead of paying around £40 for a single steelbook from japan and then the custom fees.

It benefited for me, as I ordered a lot of steelbooks from there, it all worked out the same and took about 3 days to ship to me when it was dispatched which is better than waiting 7-14 days from yesasia!

For some it worked out better with Japan, large order, faster tracked delivery.
As for yesasia, single orders better, slow delivery and items not tracked.

You pick which one you want :)

It came out to $210 for 5 steels and $390 for all ten of them and then I bought 10 steels from John from the [DE] MediaMrkt wave for $250 so you can see my logic in my thinking on the shipping expense from Amazon.jp was so expensive.

Anyways back on topic. I think these are just as nice as the Japanese ones.

Last edited: