DigiPack 2001: A Space Odyssey (4K+2D Blu-ray Digipack) (WCL Exclusive No.17) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: Dec 15,2018
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Notes: 300 copies numbered - This contains four discs (4K + 2x BD + DVD), 2 material booklets, 1 screenplay (English), 1 folder, 3 special cards, 10 postcards
44788836594_f68f18f1ae_k.jpg

Last edited:
Received mine today, really love this set. As far as an ultimate release for this masterpiece goes, I don’t think this can be done much better in terms of content. There’s too much stuff and also bad lighting to photograph well, but I’ve tried to take a few photos seeing as none has been posted here yet.

View attachment 424077

Congrats dude! That looks stunning. Thanks for sharing. :thumbs:

Just received my copy, this is probably the most amazing edition i own o_o so looking forward to watching this masterpiece in 4K!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Gorgeous but pirate, we all know that.

You mean bootleg? To be quite frank, there are artworks and editions by retailers like filmarena that are officially being green-lit by the studios that are ugly as hell. This thing is (imo) the edition to end all editions in regards to 2001 and even other fullslip/deluxe third party packagings so - not knowing for sure if this is in fact a bootleg myself - I don't care at all to be honest.

And again collectors who were not able to score one calling these bootlegs.... UHD club is from the same retailer and these are sold through GB's here ;)
Get yourself informed buddy and look on google for Diskino.

@Vega Sorry, yes bootleg.

@larson1977 Come on, wasn't after this at all. Not all of us criticize something out of envy. Some of us are bigger than that. I own few UHD/WCL releases. They are cool, but way over priced. The fact that they have web/FB pages doesn't prove a thing - if that's what you mean.

I'm happy with my 2001 4K steelbook, no need for this, again over priced over kill. Cheers Lars ! (we've done business, in my "previous life" :naughty::thumbs::rofl:)

Thank you man! :)

@steelmybeatingheart I was able to get it through a friend of mine who, if i know correctly, got it directly from the retailer

I made a few pictures of this beauty earlier today as well:

Congrats! And thanks for the pics. Easily the best looking Space Odyssey set out there... bootleg or not.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vega