paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 29, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £28.99 (Amazon) - £34.99 (Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: 3 Discs

11865338-2044608232858599-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd be surprised where things happen. I didn't release until a few years ago that all the original Star Trek negatives are stored deep underground in a salt mine. Where things are done and happen never surprises me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
there is something I would like to know, if anyone knows.

is this the version Leon Vitali worked on (what Kubrick intended), or the "new" Christopher Nolan version that was made for Cannes? Nolan's version is supposed to be unaltered, based on the first 70mm prints, so it has a yellow tint.

difference can be seen here:

Why have all you guys had them canceled I canceled mine not Zavvi just the other day as im in Australia for me the £ to the $ was crap and I would be paying double getting it from uk, so ordered one from my jb store instead which to me is much cheaper and to me looks the same..I do get most steels from Zavvi but this one was just so expensive to get from uk.

When did you guys order? I ordered on September 5th and mine hasn't been cancelled (yet). I'd be gutted if they did since I sold my previous debossed edition in anticipation of this one :scat:
5th September. Received cancellation email just over an hour ago...

Reactions: Lutzo
The same steel at Best Buy US has been up and down for preorder a lot in the past month. I have my preorder in, and it hasn't been canceled, but the listing now says "Coming Soon." It was never (that I saw) available for store pickup when the preorders were live—shipping only. Strange release. Makes me wonder if it's really happening.

My amazon order is ok it's still listed
Estimated delivery date 8th Nov

Those that had order cancelled did you order after sept 5th and did any of you order more than 1 copy

It's been sold out a while on amazon that's why it says currently unavailable at the moment