2001: A Space Odyssey (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: April 27th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi.com (Live at 9 am GMT Sat 2/28)
Price: £14.99

Note: Limited to 2000 copies

2001_21.jpg

2001_31.jpg 2001_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this art as it stands out a lot more than the black one with Hal's red eye(?)
On the other hand, if I had been collecting the Kubrick steels from Zavvi then this wouldn't match the restest of the set! :confused:

Really happy with the artwork and price! Will be pre ordering, fingers crossed for a gloss finish!! :cool:

Lol omg more april!!! What is wrong with this company!

Anyway I like the front and I don't like the front lol can't make my mind up.

Wish it was all black with the red circle in the Middle to match the other versions. Will stick out like a saw thumb now

Noting to do with Zavvi the release date or the artwork

Its a Warner UK release offered to Zavvi as an exclusive its the same steelbook that's been released in Germany/France
Its an April 2015 release in all countries

Release dates are decided by film studios and the distributor not a retailer

Zavvi are just a Retailer on-line Shop same as HMV/Amazon/and High Street Shops selling Music and Video
Zavvi don't make any products they sell what's made available to them from Film Studios and the distributor decides the release dates which often can be changed by the film studio or distributor

2001: A Space Odyssey Steelbook is a Worldwide release that's exclusive in some countries to a retailer while in some countries it on general release

Picture Quality is amazing on the Blu-ray

Extras
Audio interview with director Stanley Kubrick by Jeremy Bernstein (76:30)
"2001: The Making of a Myth" documentary (43:08)
"Standing on the Shoulders of Kubrick: The Legacy of 2001" featurette (21:25)
"Vision of a Future Passed: The Prophecy of 2001" featurette (21:31)
"A Look Behind the Future" featurette (23:11)
"What is Out There?" featurette (20:42)
"FX and Early Conceptual Artwork" featurette (9:28)
"Look: Stanley Kubrick!" photo slideshow (3:15)
Theatrical Trailer (1:51)

I really like this art as it stands out a lot more than the black one with Hal's red eye(?)
On the other hand, if I had been collecting the Kubrick steels from Zavvi then this wouldn't match the restest of the set! :confused:

Yep, I have the other Zavvi Kubrick steelbooks and this won't match them

Picture Quality is amazing on the Blu-ray

Extras
Audio interview with director Stanley Kubrick by Jeremy Bernstein (76:30)
"2001: The Making of a Myth" documentary (43:08)
"Standing on the Shoulders of Kubrick: The Legacy of 2001" featurette (21:25)
"Vision of a Future Passed: The Prophecy of 2001" featurette (21:31)
"A Look Behind the Future" featurette (23:11)
"What is Out There?" featurette (20:42)
"FX and Early Conceptual Artwork" featurette (9:28)
"Look: Stanley Kubrick!" photo slideshow (3:15)
Theatrical Trailer (1:51)

Apart from which, it's also a fantastic film, as effective today as it was when first released some 47 years ago!

I was fortunate to see it again on the big screen last autumn, during its limited re-release as part of the BFI's "Sci-Fi: Days of Fear and Wonder" season. The auditorium was packed and at the end, there was a burst of spontaneous applause from the audience.

It was also fascinating to see where Christopher Nolan had got most of his ideas for "Interstellar" from. If only Nolan had taken a further leaf from Kubrick and given his own film a more mysterious and thought provoking ending, instead of trying to tie up all the loose ends, he would have had a better film on his hands.

I'll certainly be upgrading my Amaray copy with the new Steelbook but I've opted for the French release which is somewhat cheaper at only EUR 14.99.

Noting to do with Zavvi the release date or the artwork

Its a Warner UK release offered to Zavvi as an exclusive its the same steelbook that's been released in Germany/France
Its an April 2015 release in all countries

Release dates are decided by film studios and the distributor not a retailer

Zavvi are just a Retailer on-line Shop same as HMV/Amazon/and High Street Shops selling Music and Video
Zavvi don't make any products they sell what's made available to them from Film Studios and the distributor decides the release dates which often can be changed by the film studio or distributor

2001: A Space Odyssey Steelbook is a Worldwide release that's exclusive in some countries to a retailer while in some countries it on general release

Didn't realise zavvi are just a retailer!

It may be sacrilege to say it, but I thought the movie was tedious overrated garbage at best. At worst, a complete mess.