2001: A Space Odyssey (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: April 27th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi.com (Live at 9 am GMT Sat 2/28)
Price: £14.99

Note: Limited to 2000 copies

2001_21.jpg

2001_31.jpg 2001_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from which, it's also a fantastic film, as effective today as it was when first released some 47 years ago!

I was fortunate to see it again on the big screen last autumn, during its limited re-release as part of the BFI's "Sci-Fi: Days of Fear and Wonder" season. The auditorium was packed and at the end, there was a burst of spontaneous applause from the audience.

It was also fascinating to see where Christopher Nolan had got most of his ideas for "Interstellar" from. If only Nolan had taken a further leaf from Kubrick and given his own film a more mysterious and thought provoking ending, instead of trying to tie up all the loose ends, he would have had a better film on his hands.

I'll certainly be upgrading my Amaray copy with the new Steelbook but I've opted for the French release which is somewhat cheaper at only EUR 14.99.
Not to be a nitpicker @augustus- but Jonathan Nolan's INTERSTELLAR was long (2 years) in development with Steven Spielberg's company before his brother took it over. Of course, Chris Nolan is hugely influenced by 2001 (and says so, in no uncertain terms), but the original blueprint should be attributed to Jonathan Nolan.
I may agree with you about the ending- I need a few more viewings first.;)

• Informative
Reactions: augustus
This is going to have the same cheap finish as One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest isn't it???
We won't know answer to that until someone gets steelbook in hand

Some Warner Steelbooks are High Gloss and Look Great
Some are poor with low image used and washed out image especially on the back of a steelbook

I'm guessing but I expect this one will be a high quality image and be a gloss finish