A Star is Born (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 25) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 23, 2019
Purchase link: Full Slip 4K, Lenticular Slip A, Lenticular Slip B - Preorder on July 12th 8PM (HKT, UTC+8), Local Time HERE
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip 4K), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip A), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip B)

MANTA LAB EXCLUSIVE #025 <A STAR IS BORN> STEELBOOK (Extended Edition)
- Numbered, 1-800
(Due to large number of orders, shipping out can take up to 1 week from the release date)

- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed" Title. Steelbook
- Booklet (Full Size)
- Postcards (4ea)
- Character Cards (7ea)
- Envelope with Spot Gloss

- Tip-on with Product Specification

SteelBook:
A Star is Born_steelbook.jpg

One Click:
A Star is Born_one click_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_one click_front.jpg A Star is Born_one click_back.jpg

Full Slip 4K:
A Star is Born_full slip_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_full slip_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip A:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip B:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding of the "Manta clause" always was it would take them up to one week to ship out all the orders subsequently, beginning from the given release date. Now people seem to suggest they're preparing all packages in this ominous "packaging week" and ship them when they're all done, at once?
In the end it doesn't really matter, but I'd like to understand the process nevertheless.

Sound like you understand it

However I’m guessing there’s a week or 2 delay on this and they haven’t started the shipping process yet. May be wrong though

*now watch everyone get shipping notices lol

My understanding of the "Manta clause" always was it would take them up to one week to ship out all the orders subsequently, beginning from the given release date. Now people seem to suggest they're preparing all packages in this ominous "packaging week" and ship them when they're all done, at once?
In the end it doesn't really matter, but I'd like to understand the process nevertheless.
The way I interpret the week clause is they will ship them all within that week (whether they actually do that or not is another matter). You might get lucky and yours ships on the release date, you might not and it ships 7 days after the release date.

*DELAYED*

from facebook:

Hello everyone! We are sorry to inform that [ME#25] A Star is Born will take additional 1 week to finish shipping due to reprinting some of the materials again. We really don't like these small delays but in order to send out mint copies, we've decided to reprint the materials. Some orders have been fulfilled and we are still updating the tracking numbers for the release. If you haven't received the tracking by this weekend, we will make sure to update your tracking number by next week. Thanks for the patience!

Best regards,
John

Shipped? Nope. Preparing item for posting? Yes. They're two different things, aren't they?

Delay is fine. Don’t bother me. Especially if it’s to improve quality. Or somthing might of arrived damaged which is out of their hands.

Only a extra week by the sounds of thjndh and they arrive within about 5 days anyway lol.

We really don't like these small delays but in order to send out mint copies, we've decided to reprint the materials. Some orders have been fulfilled and we are still updating the tracking numbers for the release.
What I want to know is if those that have received a tracking number are also mint.

Why they don't put an end to these constant delays for every single release is beyond me.

60c44bcd5c84727b52780ea0f0f5cbf3--classroom-memes-classroom-posters.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
What I want to know is if those that have received a tracking number are also mint.

Why they don't put an end to these constant delays for every single release is beyond me.

View attachment 444748

Yeah I don't understand, have those who have a tracking number has their copies actually shipped or is it like last time (First Man?) where tracking numbers have been issued but nothing has actually shipped because no copies are actually ready yet? Guess time will tell, I've tracked mine and despite the number being recognised since the 27th it just says 'Sender is preparing item for posting' so I'm guessing nothing has actually shipped for anyone yet

Reactions: DMD4k
Not picking on you Flloydo but your message is most convenient as it's all in one spot :p
Delay is fine.
Why is it fine? Why must they delay every single release? Once in a blue moon I can almost understand it, but for it to be a recurring theme, it's just annoying and bad business.
Don’t bother me. Especially if it’s to improve quality.
Well, what do you expect them to say? Oh yeah, we have to delay this another week for no good reason and we're keeping things as they were. Of course they have to say it's to improve quality. Improve it over what??? Over something they got back from a third party and it looks like crap?
Or somthing might of arrived damaged which is out of their hands.
They could solve this giving themselves more time for QC. It's really not that hard. Maybe instead of striving for a release per month and look amateurish when they can't hold up their end of the deal, they should just state a more reasonable timeframe that they know they will be able to meet. It is absolutely ridiculous that they give us the same excuse every single month without taking the necessary steps so that it doesn't happen again.

And before anyone thinks I'm hating, I'm not hating, I think they do great work, plan on ordering again, voted for them for retailer of the year, etc. but these terrible excuses are getting old really fast. It's not professional, it's time they stop doing it.

Reactions: CleverLoginName