A Star is Born (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 25) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 23, 2019
Purchase link: Full Slip 4K, Lenticular Slip A, Lenticular Slip B - Preorder on July 12th 8PM (HKT, UTC+8), Local Time HERE
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip 4K), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip A), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip B)

MANTA LAB EXCLUSIVE #025 <A STAR IS BORN> STEELBOOK (Extended Edition)
- Numbered, 1-800
(Due to large number of orders, shipping out can take up to 1 week from the release date)

- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed" Title. Steelbook
- Booklet (Full Size)
- Postcards (4ea)
- Character Cards (7ea)
- Envelope with Spot Gloss

- Tip-on with Product Specification

SteelBook:
A Star is Born_steelbook.jpg

One Click:
A Star is Born_one click_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_one click_front.jpg A Star is Born_one click_back.jpg

Full Slip 4K:
A Star is Born_full slip_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_full slip_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip A:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip B:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's tough when there's very limited artwork, such as with ASIB. Not sure why studios sometimes only release a couple posters, and they all have very similar artwork.
There is loads of different promo pics that have been used across adverts ect which makes it a shame to get similar photo cards. Im glad I got the deluxe vinyl boxset for the exclusive photos that they included.

I received my full slip a few days ago but unfortunately it got hit on top and it is also missing gold paint on the letters of the title (n), nevertheless this full slip is very underwhelming and I expected much more from MantaLab... hopefully the missing gold paint issue isn't a widespread problem ...now the long wait for a replacement slip :(

• Wow
Reactions: jasong and djjez83
I recieved my fullslip the other day and think its the beat of the 3. The lentis look real fuzzy!! It is a shame the slip doesnt have a nice glossy finish but I do love matte steelbooks and slips so it doesnt bother me so much!

View attachment 445991

I got Lenti B and I think it's got excellent depth and is sharp enough. It draws me into the picture. It's almost like I could lean into that microphone myself and contribute my own halitosis to that of Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. Wonderful edition overall.

I got Lenti B and I think it's got excellent depth and is sharp enough. It draws me into the picture. It's almost like I could lean into that microphone myself and contribute my own halitosis to that of Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. Wonderful edition overall.
I guess once more images and videos come out i may change my mind and i will never see it in person which would be best to really get a feel for it but yeah such a stellar package!

Curious to see what this rumoured cd+dvd boxset that’s supposed to be out in November will include hopefully there will be something new

Good review as usual but I disagree about the full slip, it really feels cheap in hand and for MantaLab standards it's pretty poor quality but nevertheless I'm happy you're happy with it , just wished I had gone for one of the lenticular...

I'm pretty sure Manta wanted a "raw" release, not a shiny black and white one but this resulted in a bit underwhelming release.

That could be... maybe, who knows? But that wouldn't apply to lenti sharpness, would it? Less pixels = rawer? :confused:

I think WEA steelbook wins on this release. Liited options on artwork but Manta found the way to offer something new...but WEA steelbook is definitely a pieace of art IMO.
I ca'nt wait to share pictures of One-Click Box Set!