Act of Valor (Blu-Ray Steelbook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]
Release date: June 5th 2012.
Price: $29.99
It will be a blu-ray combo
REGION A locked

act.jpg

Thanks to Drum18 for the pictures!

Last edited by a moderator:
I went in shortly after the store opened and JUST GOT BACK NOW.

Like everywhere else, they had no clue about the Gift card.
I printed out the email. Showed them... they still wouldn't give me the $10!

Its not in there system or anything. Must be a newsletter mistake? i dunno.

So if you feel like waiting around for 45 mins only to get no answers... give it a shot. But looks like No Gift Card with this after all. :angry:

Same thing on my end folks. There is no gift card... its a mistake and no ones honouring the email advert. That said my store only had about 12 copies of this... looks like a limited run.

On a side note what a beautiful steel book. WOW. Just amazing IMO even though I didn't get one for myself.

Reactions: hdgfs
The Langley store said they'd call me about the GC thing as soon as it's sorted out. They also denied me the $5 coupon on John Carter on my instore pickup.

I've tweeted @fs_movies and am awaiting a response.

The Langley store said they'd call me about the GC thing as soon as it's sorted out. They also denied me the $5 coupon on John Carter on my instore pickup.

I've tweeted @fs_movies and am awaiting a response.

Same sh*t here... Future Shop is confused and dazed on this release.

The $5 coupon for John Carter IS STATED RIGHT IN THIER WEEKLY FLYER next to the picture of that release. So they have to honour it. I know the coupon shows a different release but it DOES work for both releases.

Now, onto Act of Valor, I printed out the newsletter and showed them, they still were baffled, went to the back to look online, nothing, asked a couple different managers, and they finally decided to give me $10 off anyways. :scat: The manager chuckled and said "I just don't know what I am going to do for the next customer that does this." So YMMV I guess.

Anyways, I got a new release Steel for only $15.. :D.

Last edited:
The $5 coupon for John Carter IS STATED RIGHT IN THIER WEEKLY FLYER next to the picture of that release. So they have to honour it. I know the coupon shows a different release but it DOES work for both releases.

Now, onto Act of Valor, I printed out the newsletter and showed them, they still were baffled, went to the back to look online, nothing, asked a couple different managers, and they finally decided to give me $10 off anyways. :scat: The manager chuckled and said "I just don't know what I am going to do for the next customer that does this." So YMMV I guess.

Anyways, I got a new release Steel for only $15.. :D.

I tried at two different stores and both refused the coupon and the GC deal on JC and AoV. First time I have had problems with Future Shop. Now I know how people in the US feel with Best Buy issues, lol.

On a side note what an AMAZING steel book this is. Right at first glance in the flesh I was just like wow. This is one of the best steels I have seen along with JC and Limitless. All three of these are just special IMO.

I tried at two different stores and both refused the coupon and the GC deal on JC and AoV. First time I have had problems with Future Shop. Now I know how people in the US feel with Best Buy issues, lol.

Sorry to be a little bit OT:
Wow! Maybe it's because my cashier know me but I had no problem with JC coupon. In fact, I bought 4 copies and she scanned 4x the coupon.

YMMV...

Back to AoV:
Amazing steel!!! Simply one of my favorite... except for the spine...

Reactions: Jason Bourne
Sorry to be a little bit OT:
Wow! Maybe it's because my cashier know me but I had no problem with JC coupon. In fact, I bought 4 copies and she scanned 4x the coupon.

YMMV...

Back to AoV:
Amazing steel!!! Simply one of my favorite... except for the spine...

I have never had issues with Disney coupons before at FS on steel's... not once. This is a first. The usual cashiers weren't there so you know...

Oh well. I don't feel like arguing with them and this is a first that I have had issues with Future Shop so Im just going to let it go.

And yes agreed 100% on AoV. One of the nicest steels ever made, truly.

Cool thing about this steel is it has that "been through war" look to it, if it gets slightly dinted or scratched... no biggie! You probably wouldn't even notice! :hilarious:

It is a nice looking steel however it does have that "thin metal" problem like Jurassic Park FS had. You can press the front in pretty easy which personally I don't like, makes it feel cheaper. Sorry to complain but it is what it is.

Overall a fine steelbook!

Freaking FS wasted like 30-40 min of my time looking up info on the $10 GC thing and in the end wouldn't give it to me. Really ticked me off. They offered me $5 off as a compromise for my wait but still pissed at how much time they wasted just for a pathetic $5 off. Yet another bad experience at Failure Shop. I really wish another retailer would get these exclusives because FS blows.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

It is a nice looking steel however it does have that "thin metal" problem like Jurassic Park FS had. You can press the front in pretty easy which personally I don't like, makes it feel cheaper. Sorry to complain but it is what it is.

Overall a fine steelbook!

I believe that is because of the embossing.

What a kick-ass movie with superb audio! A wide and enveloping sound stage plus crystal clear atmospheric effects made this viewing quite an experience. Adding this steelbook will simply complete it :)

Reactions: ocielz
I gotta try to get my hands on one of these. Are these usually one time runs or do they usually get more once the hype dies down?