Fox Direct - £17.99

The Alien serie:
Alien || Aliens || Alien 3 || Alien Resurrection

alien3-2.jpg

alien3-1.jpg

alien3-3.jpg

alien3-4.jpg

Actual pics-thanks ricster!

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

Fsw4pkx.jpg

6krJYj9.jpg

hZ3SHSi.jpg

DaejLq1.jpg

UHJvO5e.jpg

47OCqaQ.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

jQuDOq8.jpg

ZelRHU9.jpg

j06Lk8T.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

u4HRyyX.jpg

iTupT8T.jpg

Arcxy2w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had to sit down and totally piss of the fans of the first 2 films and make them walk away I couldn't have done a better job. It really is a contender for worst film ever made....... To this day I remember going to my local cinema to see it. By the time the first 20 minutes had ended, half the audience had walked out, I walked out not too long after. Years later I saw the rest of it on TV and thought, "Yep I made the right decision to walk out".. Everything you can do wrong in a film is there. It' no wonder the head of Fox wanted to stop the film being released. And why did it get released?. The bean counters said it had cost so much money they couldn't leave it on the shelf. Fincher deserves all the flack he got hurled at him but whomever thought it was a good idea to allow someone who had never made a film before to be let loose on a major film deserves the major blame... All said and done cinemas worst hour at every level. I hope the rumours I've been hearing are true........

Sorry but I totally disagree! Worst film ever made :wtf: It got a 6.4 on IMDB which is not bad considering all the flack it undeservedly got, although it should be more like 8.0, Not to mention the awesome british cast in the film!! You say "Fincher deserves all the flack he got" well to me Fincher is a true visionary, that makes films that make you think long after you've watched them and one of the best directors of the 20th century!

Anyway the worst 1st hour or any hour of a film goes to Battlefield Earth!!

Last edited:
Sorry but I totally disagree! Worst film ever made :wtf: It got a 6.4 on IMDB which is not bad considering all the flack it undeservedly got, although it should be more like 8.0, Not to mention the awesome british cast in the film!! You say "Fincher deserves all the flack he got" well to me Fincher is a true visionary, that makes films that make you think long after you've watched them and one of the best directors of the 20th century!

Anyway the worst 1st hour or any hour of a film goes to Battlefield Earth which got 2.4!!
Also not sure where you get your financial info about "bean counters" but I have added a screen grab from Box Office Mojo to show this made a lot more than the 50 million it cost to make!!

uploadfromtaptalk1436329940571.png

Last edited:
Reactions: George Pearce
Yea, I agree. Certainly not the worst film. And yes, I agree that Fincher is great. You have to understand that this was his first time at the directors chair and all the execs were pushing his buttons. Not his fault. He was the little kid being picked on. Had this retained elements of the first two, it might have exceeded in many ways. Still, great things were certainly the cast. Charles Dance, Pete Postlethwaite & Ralph Brown.

Agree too fellas, was reading that post and couldn't quite understand the vitriol but I guess if you're that far down the road of hating the movie no amount of counter viewpoints will change the mind.

I have great admiration for Alien 3 and it suffers for comparison with the first two movies and the expectation placed on it from the adrenalin ridden Aliens.No movie was going to match up to that and taken as a stand alone episode and the assembly mix version I think it's an interesting take on the genre.

I've been going to the cinema for 40 years and Alien 3 is the only film I've ever been to that the audiences started walking out after 10 minutes. There is no mystery about why the film gets such bile. It's the total contempt shown to the characters from Aliens. Also the film has a serious flaw that totally undermines the whole premise of the film but I'm not going to talk about it in case people reading this have never seen the film.
As for the budget costs for the film that's an interesting point because it went way way over budget as they pretty much made 2 films and since Fox have never let the final figures know, some experts say the final cost is nearer $80 than $50.
Fincher himself holds his own film in total contempt and won't have anything to do with it. He regrets making it and wishes he could wipe it from his CV. His own words not mine.

• Informative
Reactions: Phantasmic
I've been going to the cinema for 40 years and Alien 3 is the only film I've ever been to that the audiences started walking out after 10 minutes. There is no mystery about why the film gets such bile. It's the total contempt shown to the characters from Aliens. Also the film has a serious flaw that totally undermines the whole premise of the film but I'm not going to talk about it in case people reading this have never seen the film.
As for the budget costs for the film that's an interesting point because it went way way over budget as they pretty much made 2 films and since Fox have never let the final figures know, some experts say the final cost is nearer $80 than $50.
Fincher himself holds his own film in total contempt and won't have anything to do with it. He regrets making it and wishes he could wipe it from his CV. His own words not mine.
Well you carry on being a hater if you wish mate its your opinion. But I like many others love and enjoy the film and whether Fincher likes the film or not makes no difference to me. I still love it and always will, its by no means perfect but without this one we may not have had his even better films and when are Directors ever happy with a final product, thats what director's cuts are for. Studio's nearly always get the final say as they hold the purse strings and even George Lucas wasn't happy with the Star Wars original trilogy thats why he kept tinkering with it. Much to the disgust of fans! James Cameron got sacked from piranha 2, so it show the movie business is a very funny game!

You're entitled to your opinion bud, and I respect your reasons behind it. Remember though you're basing your entire outlook on a cinema visit/reaction when the film was first released. You're absolutely correct that Fincher holds the film in distain because it was butchered, not at how he directed it. Fincher wasn't a bad director that came good, the assembly cut reeks of that beautiful kinetic style he went on to use in creating some of the greatest films in contemporary cinema. Some of the most intrinsic parts of the story were changed at studio insistence (swapping dog for ox etc) and this was the start of a trend that has become completely prevalent in modern cinema (studios giving franchise to rookie directors so they can maintain ultimate creative control).

The story itself isn’t bad, has a huge amount of subtle religious overtones, is quite brave in the killing of many major characters. The set design was very original for the time and the film has (relatively speaking) some absolutely beautiful effects. Put your memories to the side and watch the Assembly Cut, if you still hate it… so be it.

The greatest reason people use in criticism of Alien 3 is Fincher saying he wished he’d never made it, however if he didn’t I doubt we wouldn't have had se7en…. It’s an important film in spite of itself.

This is why I love HDN – talking about metal boxes and sometimes getting into a smashing movie debate.

Also if you think this is the worse film of all time you clearly haven’t seen Movie 43 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Also if you think this is the worse film of all time you clearly haven’t seen Movie 43 :rofl:

Yes there are a lot of very very bad films out there but the reason I hate Alien 3 so much is because it totally goes out of it's way to piss over someone's vision namely Aliens. Cameron might as well not have bothered with Aliens. Fincher was on a hiding to nothing. He was given a chance to direct a film and if he hadn't have done alien 3 he might never have got doing any films. it really was a case damned if you do damned if you don't.

So be it, the enjoyment of cinema is relative

True but I do think most films fall into three categories. Good, bad and indifferent. But once in a while you get exceptional films and dire films. Certainly Star Wars falls into the former and Alien 3 the later.

True but I do think most films fall into three categories. Good, bad and indifferent. But once in a while you get exceptional films and dire films. Certainly Star Wars falls into the former and Alien 3 the later.
In your opinion!! You have categorised the film, no one else you have created these 3 catogories and you keep saying how rubbish it is, then i guess you wont be buying the steelbook then [emoji1] [emoji1]

Or maybe you will as your hatered runs so deep youll smash it pieces with a hammer, or maybe run over it a few hundred times with your car [emoji6]

By the way did you love Alien Reserection? Just wondering how you felt about the real turd or the quadrology!

I liked Alien Resurrection. Maybe it was because I wasn't expecting much but yes I enjoyed it. The true turd of the whole franchise as far as I'm concerned is Aliens v Predator Requiem. You couldn't pay me to sit through that one again......

Disagree, some downright BAD films are some of my favourites.... they're relative to my enjoyment. Not sure why you're trying to convince people who enjoy the film (not love... enjoy it for it's merits) that its terrible. We've all agreed it was universally panned and no-ones clamouring to get it an Oscar. You've given your reasons for hating it, I've given my reasons for liking it and we're clearly not going to change each others opinions.

I liked Alien Resurrection. Maybe it was because I wasn't expecting much but yes I enjoyed it. The true turd of the whole franchise as far as I'm concerned is Aliens v Predator Requiem. You couldn't pay me to sit through that one again......

Ha ha I thought you'd say that! And the AVP films IMO aren't even worthy of being Alien films! But at least had Geiger looking aliens in them and didn't bastardies it like they did in alien Errection!! I cant be sure if your pulling my leg by saying you enjoyed AR! Its a big steaming pile of cow Siht! Shame the director made this rubbish he had made some great foreign language films and then totally blackened he's CV with this!! This **** was made for $75 million and only made $47 million in the US & Canada and you said the financial's of Alien 3 were bad.

uploadfromtaptalk1436359725749.png

Ha ha I thought you'd say that! And the AVP films IMO aren't even worthy of being Alien films! But at least had Geiger looking aliens in them and didn't bastardies it like they did in alien Errection!! I cant be sure if your pulling my leg by saying you enjoyed AR! Its a big steaming pile of cow Siht! Shame the director made this rubbish he had made some great foreign language films and then totally blackened he's CV with this!! Still they didn't trust him with another $75 million after that debarcle! Tells its own story.

Some of the most intrinsic parts of the story were changed at studio insistence (swapping dog for ox etc) and this was the start of a trend that has become completely prevalent in modern cinema (studios giving franchise to rookie directors so they can maintain ultimate creative control).

This is why I love HDN – talking about metal boxes and sometimes getting into a smashing movie debate.

And that ladies and gentlemen sums up much of what goes on,very few directors get Final cut unless they've put the money up,we're possibly only taking about the likes of Cameron,Scorsese and Eastwood ,maybe Wes Anderson too at least it looks like it !
Great post Driver

Reactions: Driver
Unfortunately, the trend of hiring rookie directors for high profile, tentpole films is now at an all time high.
Do not buy the bilge that Kevin Feige and the like are spewing about "we like to have new, exciting young directors"...they like having directors they can control by committee. The young directors have enough experience to deliver scenes with actors, but the rest is done by the braintrust. I promise you that the action scenes for the new Spider-Man movie are ALREADY in pre-vis...the action scenes are already designed. The tradeoff is that the newbie director gets to have a hit movie, and the braintrust gets the blockbuster elements it wants.
The reason that Marc Webb was fired from The Amazing Spider Man films is that he was a 'real' director with a history. He had a vision of what he wanted for the character and the story- and it did not fit in with the braintrust of Sony and their ideas. They wanted a puppet like Trevvorrow (on Jurassic World), or Edwards (on Godzilla), or Trank (on Fantastic Four).
Do you REALLY believe that Jon Watts just killed it with COP CAR and CLOWN to deserve Spider-Man??!!!!
If you do-I have a bridge to sell you. They are hiring only puppets now for the big committee blockbusters... (The credit should read D.I.N.O.- Director In Name Only.)

Unfortunately, the trend of hiring rookie directors for high profile, tentpole films is now at an all time high.
Do not buy the bilge that Kevin Feige and the like are spewing about "we like to have new, exciting young directors"...they like having directors they can control by committee. The young directors have enough experience to deliver scenes with actors, but the rest is done by the braintrust. I promise you that the action scenes for the new Spider-Man movie are ALREADY in pre-vis...the action scenes are already designed. The tradeoff is that the newbie director gets to have a hit movie, and the braintrust gets the blockbuster elements it wants.
The reason that Marc Webb was fired from The Amazing Spider Man films is that he was a 'real' director with a history. He had a vision of what he wanted for the character and the story- and it did not fit in with the braintrust of Sony and their ideas. They wanted a puppet like Trevvorrow (on Jurassic World), or Edwards (on Godzilla), or Trank (on Fantastic Four).
Do you REALLY believe that Jon Watts just killed it with COP CAR and CLOWN to deserve Spider-Man??!!!!
If you do-I have a bridge to sell you. They are hiring only puppets now for the big committee blockbusters... (The credit should read D.I.N.O.- Director In Name Only.)
How can you say that Trevvorrow, Edwards and Trank are puppets? Why are they puppets? I think your looking at thing as black and white when life in my experience is a little more complicated. You have a very simplistic view on this issue!

How can you say that Trevvorrow, Edwards and Trank are puppets? Why are they puppets? I think your looking at thing as black and white when life in my experience is a little more complicated. You have a very simplistic view on this issue!
Each one has gone from an independent first film to an over $100 million budget picture.
Do you find that in real life that happens? It's like the guy bagging your groceries becoming the CEO overnight.
Sure, they may be talented. But that kind of money is not handed on good will.
These are clearly committee pictures. I'm not even saying that decent ok movies can't be had this way- but nobody goes from being the big dog on a $100,000 picture to a $100 Million dollar picture without serious caveats involved.
I have no doubt Trevorrow directed the actors in acting scenes. I also have no doubt he did not direct any action scenes or have any say on the SFX, or on the editing or the cut.
This is the Hollywood machine- they don't give out $100 Million dollar Christmas presents for a neat little indie picture and their directors.