Mondo Alien - OST by Jerry Goldsmith (colored vinyl)

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Alien - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 4XLP
Release:
Timed edition, on sale from 4/26 to 5/19/2017 1pm EST
Purchase: Mondo
Price: $75

Note:
4LP, includes the extended original score, the original 1979 album and bonus & alternate cues, pressed on "Alien Egg Olive Green" vinyl, "Face Hugger Brown" vinyl, "White & red splatter vinyl" and "xenomorph black" vinyl, includes 1 of 4 randomly inserted screen-printed handbill, Artwork by Tyler Stout

Alien 4xLP #1.jpg

4xLP_sequence_1024x1024.jpg

alien-4xlp-sleeve-1.jpg

alien-4xlp-sleeve-2.jpg

alien-4xlp-sleeve-3.jpg

alien-4xlp-sleeve-4.jpg

alien-4xlp-handbills-mondo.jpg

Alien – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP
Release:
Pre-order 4/26
Purchase: Mondo
Price: $35

Note:
2LP, pressed on "acid blood green" colored vinyl and/or regular black, includes the extended original score, Artwork by Kilian Eng

Alien 2xLP #1.jpg

alien-2xlp-gatefold.jpg

Alien_2x_BC_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I looked at my vinyls because I couldn't remember if I had purchased Eng's Aliens last time. I did. So then I thought..."Well who wants to break up a set?" LMAO!!! In the end I got the color Alien by Eng and the 4 LP. 'Alien and Aliens' are severe achilles heels for me-I usually can't say no, LOL. I am still not happy about the incorrect aliens used, but overall, they are the coolest editions out.

Yeah, I like the Eng art more, but the wrong Alien on the cover is driving me crazy! I hear ya, though... I'm really trying to not get both. :hilarious:

That mistake on the 2LP version is inexcusable. Everyone involved in that should be ashamed of themselves and double-shame on Mondo for missing this. If you're going for something iconic like a silhouette shot, make sure you are using the correct damn silhouette!
This is the kind of mistake I'd expect from Zavvi, but I thought Mondo was above this kind of thing.

Thanks for the tag @dan8885 ! Will probably be picking this up next month, but can't wait for September when I receive this :) A great release once again from Mondo :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
That mistake on the 2LP version is inexcusable. Everyone involved in that should be ashamed of themselves and double-shame on Mondo for missing this. If you're going for something iconic like a silhouette shot, make sure you are using the correct damn silhouette!
This is the kind of mistake I'd expect from Zavvi, but I thought Mondo was above this kind of thing.

Fully agree. Proves that no one really cares about the quality of the final product, just how much money it will make. Sad really.

IMG_3336.JPG

for anyone who has not seen this, from Mondo email... :thumbs: :)
b46d84e7-7979-458c-a9a6-ce79730b9b90.jpg

Hello,

We wanted to take a moment to update everyone on an art revision we made to our recent album release: ALIEN - ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK 2XLP.

A few of our die-hard ALIEN fans reached out to us upon the soundtrack’s announcement that the xenomorph depicted on the album’s cover was incorrect. Turns out we were so excited by Kilian’s incredibly detailed art that we didn’t notice that the Xeno was off model.

We love this film so much, and strive for accuracy so when we brought it up to Kilian he was more than happy to jump back in and make the adjustment. The one good thing about long vinyl manufacturing lead times is that we were able to make a revision to the artwork and not effect the production.

Thanks to all of our xeno-loving fans out there for keeping us on our toes, and we look forward to getting these out to you this Fall.

Best,

MONDO

for anyone who has not seen this, from Mondo email... :thumbs: :)
b46d84e7-7979-458c-a9a6-ce79730b9b90.jpg

Hello,

We wanted to take a moment to update everyone on an art revision we made to our recent album release: ALIEN - ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK 2XLP.

A few of our die-hard ALIEN fans reached out to us upon the soundtrack’s announcement that the xenomorph depicted on the album’s cover was incorrect. Turns out we were so excited by Kilian’s incredibly detailed art that we didn’t notice that the Xeno was off model.

We love this film so much, and strive for accuracy so when we brought it up to Kilian he was more than happy to jump back in and make the adjustment. The one good thing about long vinyl manufacturing lead times is that we were able to make a revision to the artwork and not effect the production.

Thanks to all of our xeno-loving fans out there for keeping us on our toes, and we look forward to getting these out to you this Fall.

Best,

MONDO
Great news! That's actually the artwork I prefer too, so I'm glad they corrected it.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart