Release date: July 22, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99

12039779-5364680498964815.jpg

12039779-2014680499031421.jpg
12039779-9784680498790953.jpg
12039779-1264647860535837.jpg

Last edited:
The manga started in 1990, the anime came out in 93 and James Cameron has been talking about wanting to make a live action version since around the release of Titanic. This other company trademarked the name of a pre-existing property in 2009, I don't understand why this hasn't been thrown out of court already.
But isn’t there the manga called ‘Battle Angel ; Alita’ hence do not probably wanting to keep the movie title as is?

But isn’t there the manga called ‘Battle Angel ; Alita’ hence do not probably wanting to keep the movie title as is?
I can't find any info about whether they swapped the title around because of this other trademark, even if they did it doesn't change the fact that these Epic Stone idiots should never have been given the trademark when the name was already attached to an IP. They're a bunch of trolls who apply for trademarks on things that are in development or could be in the future, hoping to force a cash settlement. They've trademarked things like The Independence Day and The Moana, Disney sued them for the latter in 2016.

I can't find any info about whether they swapped the title around because of this other trademark, even if they did it doesn't change the fact that these Epic Stone idiots should never have been given the trademark when the name was already attached to an IP. They're a bunch of trolls who apply for trademarks on things that are in development or could be in the future, hoping to force a cash settlement. They've trademarked things like The Independence Day and The Moana, Disney sued them for the latter in 2016.
As much as Disney need things to NOT go there way now and then, I hope they won this one.

As you say, they shouldn’t have been allowed it seeing as the comic/manga was first..,BUT trademarks are often per territory - The Avengers being prime example as in UK it had to be called the awful Avengers Assemble(due there already being a UK movie by name ‘The Avengers’ yet it was fine to keep the correct title everywhere else)

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
I'll keep my preorder for now until somebody does a good premium release for this! As always, here's my concepts for a premium edition.

View attachment 422408

Would love the middle 2 on front and back of a steel (with the red war paint) and the top 2 on a slip

Not seen that pink/ purple cloud art before. Looks epic

Apparently the ONLY option available for getting this film in 3D is locked to Region B.

I've never been so glad to have picked up a cheap Region Free 3D Blu-Ray player back in the day!

I'm not very pleased with how they keep limiting 3D releases like this, but I'm glad to see that Zavvi is still keeping the format alive for those of us who enjoy it.

Apparently the ONLY option available for getting this film in 3D is locked to Region B.

I've never been so glad to have picked up a cheap Region Free 3D Blu-Ray player back in the day!

I'm not very pleased with how they keep limiting 3D releases like this, but I'm glad to see that Zavvi is still keeping the format alive for those of us who enjoy it.
Wonder if Japan will do 3d, they are region A

How do you know this will be locked?

A lot of Fox titles are region free.

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom

3D has been taking a beating for years...only Disney and more recently Marvel still seem to support 3D home releases.

Zavvi aren’t killing or supporting it: it’s the studios.
Otherwise the Zavvi releases for Into the Spiderverse, Venom and Ralph Breaks the Internet would all have had 3D editions....even Disney’s Dumbo only has 3D ameray :(

As a 3D fan/supporter myself, I simply won’t buy if a movie doesn’t transition to 3D home release when it had 3D theatrical.

The three mentioned, as well as potentially Shazam are all titles am skipping until or unless there’s a 3D steel option.
Dumbo I would have gone for had 3D been a steel choice.

So am hoping against hope that this DOES get a 3D home release...hopefully Cameron being a 3D supporter also, will have enough influence to ensure 3D discs are printed.

So, can we assume this is actually sold out? Or has it yet to get to pre-order stage?