Aquaman (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 24) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Will Buy

Votes: 126 67.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 41 21.9%
  • Absolutely Not

Votes: 20 10.7%

• Total voters

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: June 21, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip (4K + BD) - Lenticular (4K + BD) - Double Lenti (3D + BD) - Box Set (Pre-order May 17 at 8 PM, HKT, GMT+8) Check your local timings HERE
Price: $48.99 (Individual editions) - $159.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Double Lenti - Single LentI - Full Slip
Notes: One Click 500 sets, Full Slip 500 , Lenti 500, Double Lenti 500 (Total Print Run 3000)

BOX_bd7540db-9bc8-4f7f-9cd5-efa02065c96f.jpgDLS_16639a13-5a5e-472b-bf4c-5f3e090c2523.jpgLS_cc6f58fa-a40e-427a-a0c0-85df82434a48.jpgFS_690ec035-7e5b-4333-8f10-39a51f5f5da0.jpg

Goodies: Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope
Effects:
- Full Slip Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte, Spot Glossy and Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Matte, + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed" Title.
aqua_steelbook_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Expecting a big influx of interest with this now that HDZ is OC only so it’s going to be interesting come GB / Direct time. Can’t wait to see the BS :joy: must say though it’s getting tough to decide between FS or Lenti now as Manta are outputting world class quality / treatment for both with the SL a perfect option for when you can’t make up your mind deciding between the options ‘n’ artwork :D

Expecting a big influx of interest with this now that HDZ is OC only so it’s going to be interesting come GB / Direct time. Can’t wait to see the BS :joy: must say though it’s getting tough to decide between FS or Lenti now as Manta are outputting world class quality / treatment for both with the SL a perfect option for when you can’t make up your mind deciding between the options ‘n’ artwork :D
Yes. I'm am now officially boycotting HDZETA's One Click policy.

Manta Lab will be getting a lot more of my cash from now on. In for this......

in for this atm app there is as disagreement over in zeta thread saying singles are still on and lemonlinn is wrong.
just wish retailers would get on with it and do all beautyshots in one hit, make announcements once.
personally dont know who to believe anymore and is getting very boring quickly :confused:

basil :thumbs:

in for this atm app there is as disagreement over in zeta thread saying singles are still on and lemonlinn is wrong.
just wish retailers would get on with it and do all beautyshots in one hit, make announcements once.
personally dont know who to believe anymore and is getting very boring quickly :confused:

basil :thumbs:
HDZeta have done their dash for me. Last one I bought was BR 2049 double lenti. It’s clear I’m not their customer base.

I'm a bit late with this, because the art I originally wanted to use had already appeared on official releases and/or in other people's concepts, and I like to be different. :p

So, here's my concept with embossing to the foreground (character, ground, shark, stingrays, title). Oh, and I kinda struggled with the text placement so just decided to have a bit of fun with it by placing his trident through the "Q" lol.

#146 Aquaman (SC).png

Last edited:
I'm a bit late with this, because the art I originally wanted to use had already appeared on official releases and/or in other people's concepts, and I like to be different. :p

So, here's my concept with embossing to the foreground (character, ground, shark, stingrays, title). Oh, and I kinda struggled with the text placement so just decided to have a bit of fun with it by placing his trident through the "Q" lol.

View attachment 419499
Love this! Seems like ages since we've had one of the premiums really stretch the possibilities/take advantage of the artwork in regards to 'bossing.

There's nothing wrong with an understated debossed/embossed title, but sometimes I look at my old Zavvi Disney steels and wonder why such elaborately 'bossed steels are so rare these days.

Great work as always, @Noodles. :thumbs: I don't think I've ever preferred an official steel to one of your concepts. It's a shame the manufactures are often hamstrung by the studios/powers that be when it comes to art selection.

Reactions: Noodles
Love this! Seems like ages since we've had one of the premiums really stretch the possibilities/take advantage of the artwork in regards to 'bossing.

There's nothing wrong with an understated debossed/embossed title, but sometimes I look at my old Zavvi Disney steels and wonder why such elaborately 'bossed steels are so rare these days.

Great work as always, @Noodles. :thumbs: I don't think I've ever preferred an official steel to one of your concepts. It's a shame the manufactures are often hamstrung by the studios/powers that be when it comes to art selection.
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate that. :)

I agree... most seem to just play it safe nowadays, which is fair enough I suppose, since not everyone likes a crazy amount of 'bossing. I feel the only current Premium edition retailer to go all out with embossing is FilmArena - their Blade Runner 2049, Wind River, Deadpool 2, Venom etc. steelbooks are great examples of excellent embossing... rather than just 'bossing random features, they apply it to areas that add actual depth to the image, which looks really cool when done right IMO. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt