Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
Let me just say, I still think it takes the p!ss that it's £24.99. I know you can order it for £22.49 with the discount, but HMV sold X-Men DoFP and Dawn otPotA for £14.99 on release days... then again it's Z@Vv! / D!$N€¥

£19.99 or £17.99 with a discount would be great!

Also, I preferred the 1st movie than this. Ultron was a bit hollow for me as a bad guy. Still a great movie though and can't wait for this steel!

I wonder if the UK home-video release of this will be censored
I don't think there's anything they can censor, thinking back on it

Hoping they replicate the original HMV steel, would be nice to have consistency to the design (although a title on the spine would be nice this time around)
avengers3.jpg
The-Avengers-2-Age-of-Ultron-Teaser-Poster.jpg

I hope not that Artwork was poor and reason why there is high demand for the Zavvi and NovaMedia new steelbooks of the Avengers
The use of just A was boring and compared to the new re releases looks even more plain looking

The Spine is something we will have to wait and see but if you look at recent Captain America Winter Solider UK/Europe/USA/Asia steelbook had the images on the spine on all of them

It was only Blufans later re release that was different

Whatever the Artwork will be you can be fairly sure it will be the same worldwide

Reactions: StifflersDad
Artwork updated
Temporary Image
11107173-1844289378321661.jpg

The Final Image whatever it ends up will be worldwide with some countries having the title on the front but most likely will have images on the spine instead of a title on all releases until a re release happens at a later stage

Reactions: C.C. 95
I hope not that Artwork was poor and reason why there is high demand for the Zavvi and NovaMedia new steelbooks of the Avengers
The use of just A was boring and compared to the new re releases looks even more plain looking

The Spine is something we will have to wait and see but if you look at recent Captain America Winter Solider UK/Europe/USA/Asia steelbook had the images on the spine on all of them

It was only Blufans later re release that was different

Whatever the Artwork will be you can be fairly sure it will be the same worldwide

The HMV design, IMO, was great. Simple, effective and a nice glossy finish. The issue (like most initial release MCU since in the UK) was the lack of title on the spine.

The recent Zavvi edition has the advantage of a titled spine, albeit the UK title, and a group shot on the front, but suffers from a poor finish and a rubbish lenticular (which can just be thrown away at least). It is however the 3D version which the HMV version wasn't.

The Nova version has the advantage of having the US title on the spine, and I assume a glossy finish, but the front is way too cramped. The various slip sleeves are nice but no concern to me as I open everything. It's also the 3D version.

My ideal would be the HMV front and back with the nova spine. My ideal for AoU would be the 'A' logo on the front, the title on the spine and maybe a picture of Ultron on the back in a nice gloss finish. My guess is it'll be similar only with pictures on the spine.

The HMV design, IMO, was great. Simple, effective and a nice glossy finish. The issue (like most initial release MCU since in the UK) was the lack of title on the spine.

The recent Zavvi edition has the advantage of a titled spine, albeit the UK title, and a group shot on the front, but suffers from a poor finish and a rubbish lenticular (which can just be thrown away at least). It is however the 3D version which the HMV version wasn't.

The Nova version has the advantage of having the US title on the spine, and I assume a glossy finish, but the front is way too cramped. The various slip sleeves are nice but no concern to me as I open everything. It's also the 3D version.

My ideal would be the HMV front and back with the nova spine. My ideal for AoU would be the 'A' logo on the front, the title on the spine and maybe a picture of Ultron on the back in a nice gloss finish. My guess is it'll be similar only with pictures on the spine.
I have the USA Viva Metal and the HMV steelbook
I never really like the plain use of the A it lacks compared to lot better images that could have been used

Look at the Difference between
Zavvi and HMV Steelbooks
11121021_10206056719277588_913016817042206720_n.jpg

Zavvi Steelbook and USA Viva Metal

10403176_10206056719317589_8989541445994969297_n.jpg

I will also show comparison photos whenever I get the NovaMedia Steelbook

Reactions: StifflersDad
I wait if there is a german steelbook or not. If the artwork will be the same, I will cancel my zavvi preorder since it will be cheaper to order the german steelbook for me.

wtf ordered earlier goto bed with one placeholder art which i liked, got up at 4ish pm to find they have changed to another placeholder art and tbh not sure i like that one. if that one stays will be having to keep an eye out for other releases with better art tbh.

i also wonder how many in cinema today and will miss out first time around, but my bet will be this could be back up in droves if the art they got now stays imho its not pretty at all.

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: Steelselecta