Avengers: Endgame (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (WeET Collection Exclusive No.08) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: January 12 22, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenti B1 - Lenti B2 - Box Set (Pre-order on December 22 at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $52.99 (Individual Editions) - $226 (Box Set)
Group buy: Hosted by Aniv Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenti B1 - Lenti B2 - Box Set
Note:
Total Print Run: 4500 copies
Full Slip A1 (3 discs: 4K + 2D + Bonus BD) - 550 copies
Full Slip A2 (3 discs: 4K + 2D + Bonus BD) - 300 copies
Lenti B1 (3 discs: 4K + 2D + Bonus BD) - 600 copies
Lenti B2 (3 discs: 4K + 2D + Bonus BD) - 450 copies
Box Set (1~650 Same Numbered 4 Individual Editions + Magnet Lenticular) - 650 copies

130740946_4120348957999950_1408988906020418314_o.jpg130101074_4120349801333199_5810301493477628265_o.jpg130733744_4120350317999814_999987664056478243_o.jpg131462241_4120349947999851_3550135132674840147_o.jpg130721578_4120348021333377_2349696248491238846_o.jpg
129775114_4115147408520105_5707189705894067068_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This right here, just saw HDZETA upcoming releases and they are busy pumping out loads of stuff (of course this might take a while as we all know) not too mention All the other labels are busy releasing a bunch of stuff.
Doesn't seem it's slowing down at all, seems to me that there is more demand nowadays.

Most of the premium releases sell out no matter how bad the movie is.:facepalm:

there has always been a trend to steels selling out. Premium or not.

•Marvel (premium/ WWA/ WWA premium dress ups/ WEA non premium exclusives)
•DC (premium/ early WWA/ WWA premium dress ups/ WEA non premium exclusives)
•Indie dramas/ horror (premium/ WWA/ WWA premium dress ups/ WEA non premium exclusives)
•Disney/ Pixar (premium/ early WWA/ WWA premium dress ups/ early WEA non premium exclusives)
•the odd great film in any category or genre

and lastly....

•Really sh!t films (premium or not)

There’s only more demand nowadays because of new collectors that missed out on the older low print runs years ago. Zeta have always announced loads of releases. They just take so damn long to release them. And the last year they’ve focused on WWA dress ups putting birds of prey, joker, 300 and lord of the rings on hold for some reason.

regardless of how popular steels are, it’s still a niche market even with of 2000/ 4000 premium WEA print runs or 10,000 WWA Star Wars steels where over half are damaged (old releases and the new releases). There was a time about 6 years ago where zavvi had a new exclusive announcement or pre order every other day with about 10 released each week. New releases (WWA) and their exclusives. It was crazy and they oversaturated the market and took advantage of their customers (the ones who needed every release). It lasted a few years until they shot themselves in the foot with crazy price drops after 80% of their titles wouldn’t sell out. So people would just wait on price drops except on marvel or Disney. Now they just have little waves here and there mainly with, and relying on stuff like marvel re releases and Star Wars. HMV were also big players and then stopped and then started and then stopped etc Mainly because of them going bust, then saved, then bust, then saved again.

there was also a time when premium SteelBooks were released far more frequently. Especially WWA dress ups with retailers like kimchi. That died down a little before 2020 and Covid hit though.

But vinyl has hugely increased in the past 5/6 years. And yes they are much more expensive than a CD. 3/4/5 times expensive in most cases (meaning sales will always outweigh cd/ digital in terms of cost) but just like premium steelbook companies there are retailers dedicated to special edition vinyl like mondo, waxwork, scared bones, invada, Milan etc. The difference is, apart from premium vinyl or scores from the stores I mentioned pretty much every album from a artist/ group/ band etc gets a vinyl release compared to SteelBooks. And isn’t considered over saturation because there’s far more vinyl collectors than steel collectors. Plus they’ve been around a long time anyway. Some people have vinyl collections older than the people making steels haha

Edit: Jesus, I didn’t realise how long this message was. Ironic considering this conversation was boring the hell out of me

Even though some may not open their editions, they still want non-defective copies because
they still hold out hope that in the future, if need be, they may be able to sell their copies for........................
ONE MILLION DOLLARS
I’m going to laugh like crazy if 8K releases get a new sized SteelBook and the old size SteelBooks become worth ONE.......... whole dollar :rofl:

For sealed collectors that don’t intend to sell, would you be happy that you kept your collection sealed if you died tomorrow?

I’m going to laugh like crazy if 8K releases get a new sized SteelBook and the old size SteelBooks become worth ONE.......... whole dollar :rofl:
Not sure 8k will make it on to physical media.
For sealed collectors that don’t intend to sell, would you be happy that you kept your collection sealed if you died tomorrow?
That is an easy one to answer. The answer is definitely yes. Family will benefit from higher resale. It's a no brainer.

Not sure 8k will make it on to physical media.

That is an easy one to answer. The answer is definitely yes. Family will benefit from higher resale. It's a no brainer.
I’m sure it will if the studios have any say.

They know what they’re worth? If not, with everything else they’re going to be dealing with they’ll take the time to research the value and sell each separately?

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Personally I dont think the market is that much bigger from a sales standpoint, (Scanavo isnt setting records, i know runs decreased from talks over the years) instead I think there is FAR LESS resellers and also changes of buying habits from true collectors. Years ago it was way more common to buy doubles, triples etc. even as a small collector as you benefit a lot from quick resale or trade bait as the releases didnt come out as plentiful. More space between releases... Then the onslaught of premiums came which cost more money and at least for serious and/or high end collectors (those that congregate here) to keep up with those their money got more spread out getting what they want then dealing with selling dups, trips etc. Then there was and of course still are some (but not as many) resellers that buy in much higher qty. So as people have left, sure people have come ... revolving door and social media helps bring in new collectors every day, but the growth is not outweighing those exiting etc. IMO. Things still sell out as I think its stagnant in that sense. They just dont sell out in insane seconds for many releases as a lot less resellers etc. That can be very good for true collectors , but a strong secondary market is also a good sign, so pros and cons ... in the old days, even with stuff selling out fast, I dont think many of us missed out on too many releases, since the releases were spread out more or less once you were embedded in the hobby, if you missed out there was usually another collector friend who got a 2nd, or 3rd, etc who would sell or trade to you ... things move so fast now, hell I haven't traded in years.

And I wouldnt trust all the numbers you see on things. I've seen some releases where I've had suspicions because some titles shouldn't sell out so fast if the print run was what they say it is. Just because you make plastic credit card numbering that says /1000 doesnt have to mean there is 1,000 made. 1) sometimes the MOQ on the plastic card itself might make it worth it or be restricted to do 1,000 or whatever #. ie. if I can only get 300 of the WWA steel inside from the distributor right now ... but maybe I can get more ... maybe I choose to only get 300 but know I could get say 200 more possibly .... then why # the card to 300? cheaper to get it numbered to 500 now and if the release sells out I can then order 200 and whip up another 200 more editions as opposed to making 500 now and being stuck with 200 full editions that couldnt sell. No one wants to hold that bag. If its a slow sell, and took me a while to sell 300 ... then im done, even tho the public will always think there was 500 made cause the card said /500 for example .... This is why sometimes later when you are hunting for an edition some hunts can be very hard despite you THINKING there is much more made. The same business model is and WAS done with limited posters .... license for /300 ... print 100, if it sells more, they can print more as its still on their license, while the license will pay royalty for 300 regardless they saved a lot of money on printing costs should they not have to print up another 200. etc. giclee printing is different as you can literally order 1, 10, 100 dont matter ... cost goes down as you order more but no MOQ. (min. order qty) .. timed editions also diff as they ship months after so they only print what they sell. posters are starting to take more a pre-order practice now anyhow and they simply say its cause the printers are busy and while some may be true ... instead, you can preorder and again only print what you sell plus a little extra for future sales./giveaways etc during your license time frame. Point being poster will be numbered /300 but high chance 300 never printed ... maybe 150 or whatever #....

They do have access to the Internet and they wouldn't have to sell in a hurry. But who knows...

Maybe it'll be easier to get a tattoo with "If found dead, clear PC history & check eBay for steelbook prices".
I’ve seen plenty of families lump valuables they don’t know the value of and sell them for pennies on the dollar, or even giveaway or trash items.

The other theoretical is if you had a fire at your residence that burned all of your SteelBooks you’d still be happy they were sealed? I remember a house fire happened to someone on HDN or BR 2-3 years ago.

Wrecks poster comment is interesting. It would explain how some WWA premium releases seem to magically come back in stock.

Last edited:
I’ve seen plenty of families lump valuables they don’t know the value of and sell them for pennies on the dollar, or even giveaway or trash items.
How to answer this one without sounding too rude :p My family has Internet, they'd figure it out.
The other theoretical is if you had a fire at your residence that burned all of your SteelBooks you’d still be happy they were sealed? I remember a house fire happened to someone on HDN or BR 2-3 years ago.
I want to say my house is not flammable. But in the unlikely event that it did happen, I'd be far more worried about other things before my steel collection.

In certain places, there are insurance companies/plans that cover collectibles including steels, everything has to be properly documented obviously, so those who are concerned might want to look into that.

In certain places, there are insurance companies/plans that cover collectibles including steels, everything has to be properly documented obviously, so those who are concerned might want to look into that.
I have a very dumb insurance agent (how dumb is he?). I called him and told him I wanted to insure some steels and he replied, "Hmm, we don't insure stolen items."

How to answer this one without sounding too rude :p My family has Internet, they'd figure it out.

My family has the internet but trust me they have no clue about cinema, music, vinyl, SteelBooks and collectibles. Most my stuff would get chucked out, given to charity shops or sold for pennies if something happened to me.

And If they did list anything on the bay or Facebook selling groups then stuff like like manta lab, kimchi and blufans would get left out the description. They have no clue what any of that is

also I keep steels separate from the slip (on the shelf the steel is always next to the slip) but most stuff would get sold separately and will be very confusing to most people buying them lol. Or it would be another companies slip sold with another companies steel. It would be a sh!t show of confusion and sales. It would only take a few people to complain and they’d just give up and chuck it all out

My family has the internet but trust me they have no clue about cinema, music, vinyl, SteelBooks and collectibles. Most my stuff would get chucked out, given to charity shops or sold for pennies if something happened to me.

And If they did list anything on the bay or Facebook selling groups then stuff like like manta lab, kimchi and blufans would get left out the description. They have no clue what any of that is

also I keep steels separate from the slip (on the shelf the steel is always next to the slip) but most stuff would get sold separately and will be very confusing to most people buying them lol. Or it would be another companies slip sold with another companies steel. It would be a sh!t show of confusion and sales. It would only take a few people to complain and they’d just give up and chuck it all out
:LOL: :LOL: Even dead you aren't going to make it easy for them.
Join the sealed club, it'll help. Not sure if we're accepting new members right now, but soon... :rofl::rofl::rofl: