Avengers: Infinity War (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #50) [China]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: 2018 TBC
Group buy: To be hosted by cooey
Price: TBA
Note: Limited to 4000 copies

Group buy update - click the spoiler for info

GB will be live Friday 16th November at around 7:30 - 8:00 PM UK time.

All editions will be available apart from fullslip and quarter slip. Limited quantity of complete package and one click.

Notes - If you have transferred your Black Panther purchase to this, you cannot join the GB. If you do, your purchase will be immedialtely cancelled and refunded. And these are extremely limited at 1 edition per member - if you buy a Complete/One Click/DL/SL, you cannot then purchase any other edition, if you do your order will be immediately cancelled on the additional item and refunded.

Double Lenticular | Single Lenticular | Full Slip | One Click | 1/4 Slip

9a438038gy1fwzd3ld1w9j221l18i4bl.jpg9a438038gy1fwzd3mgpj3j221l18m47e.jpg9a438038gy1fwzd3pdwblj221k18j7hy.jpg9a438038gy1fwzd3k106pj221m18iwse.jpg9a438038gy1fwtnqjdtm2j221n18mn92.jpg
222BC943-C7E9-4113-8507-8A3E834CFEB9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure in their head they think they're being clever and making them so hard to get hold of that they're driving up demand. Upping costs nominally each time and creating a panic so that people panic buy even if they're not sure whether to pull the trigger or not on a certain edition for fear of missing out. I think we've all been there.

Ironically for some of us it's having the opposite impact after a while where it just saps all the fun out of it when it's just a complete ball ache to actually get hold of an item.

totally agree with you, unfortunaly prices are getting ridiculousy high, this IW release, and blufans in general, is the greatest example of that.

Last edited:
I don't think it's that easy. Especially as everyone's circumstances are different.

Also, it's happening more and more frequently that items are getting harder to obtain no matter what you do (look at HDZETA'S Batman fiasco-I ain't dropping that much on one film. Although I would have liked a single edition of each.....)

As @Stuc said, why not just make more copies available. It would benefit the retailers also as scalpers seem to snap up half of every allocation as it is.......
It all has alot to do with the pressures from above, and also MOQ (min. order qty) Lots of numbers have to line up. You have to get as many discs as you have for license, and thus licensor has to grant you such, and then also scanavo has to be willing to make such. I dont know if they make odd numbers etc. In the USA they really push for retailers to take 10k as their is also some cost break there. A "general" MOQ for Scanavo is 4k ... but sometimes there are certain clients who get 2k. There's a lot of other variables. But you its guaranteed that the reason a tripack or 1click exists with 3 of the same steel inside is because of the manufacturing process/orders and constraints on these premium retailers. As obviously 3 different steelbooks inside would be more ideal, but it cant be done due to MOQ with Scanavo. Such is life, everyone wants to move more units so there isnt small limits on the amount made.

Since none of us are in the room with blufans none of us can attest to what options they have. If they were told by Licensor, or Distributor, or even Scanavo that if you want to do 5k then you can only do 8k then maybe its not worth it for them. Things we just dont know. I dont think Scanavo has a problem increasing the case order so perhaps other things. Could just even be storage, they dont want to overshoot nothing cause real estate isnt cheap and run everything tight to keep storage to a minimum.

Reactions: Radagast
totally agree with you, unfortunaly prices are getting ridiculousy high, this IW release, and blufans in general, is the greatest example of that.
Disney stuff is always higher, and they had high prices on 4k stuff recently too. I'm actually interested to see what pricing would be on a BD only edition that isnt Disney ... to see if the pricing is only a reflection of Disney and/or 4k releases. But not many tick that checkbox with them.

It all has alot to do with the pressures from above, and also MOQ (min. order qty) Lots of numbers have to line up. You have to get as many discs as you have for license, and thus licensor has to grant you such, and then also scanavo has to be willing to make such. I dont know if they make odd numbers etc. In the USA they really push for retailers to take 10k as their is also some cost break there. A "general" MOQ for Scanavo is 4k ... but sometimes there are certain clients who get 2k. There's a lot of other variables. But you its guaranteed that the reason a tripack or 1click exists with 3 of the same steel inside is because of the manufacturing process/orders and constraints on these premium retailers. As obviously 3 different steelbooks inside would be more ideal, but it cant be done due to MOQ with Scanavo. Such is life, everyone wants to move more units so there isnt small limits on the amount made.

Since none of us are in the room with blufans none of us can attest to what options they have. If they were told by Licensor, or Distributor, or even Scanavo that if you want to do 5k then you can only do 8k then maybe its not worth it for them. Things we just dont know. I dont think Scanavo has a problem increasing the case order so perhaps other things. Could just even be storage, they dont want to overshoot nothing cause real estate isnt cheap and run everything tight to keep storage to a minimum.
Thanks for that insight.

I reckoned it was all 'politics related' alright. Politics always complicates everything....... :p

congrats
4 computers ...are you a hacker :D

No, I am not a hacker. Just a very determined Alien that has a passion for stunning steels! They are out of this World and even Melmacians on Melmac know anout them. The hype travels far and wide.

The hype was so high yesterday that the HighDefNinja knowledge even reached far across the galaxy to Aldente Nebula in the Andromeda Galaxy, where my home planet Melmac resides.

I also have a Custom built PC that is like 8 years old, but still works good and a 2 year old Alienware both not seen in those pics posted yesterday.

I love Earth’s gadgets and I am surprised they have not developed Warp Speed ships yet because my Melmacian ship can achieve this speed, but no scientists that checked over my ship can understand how to reverse engineer it.

Thanos has even effected Melmac with his snap of a finger and I hope the Avengers can help restore Melmac to its former Glory for the sake of all life forms!

No matter what you collect that is limited, popular franchises are always hard to obtain. I collect statues as well as other art and most the time there is always some item that will be super duper hard to obtain.

Sometimes I get lucky with the release I really want and other times if I missed out I go for the Best Buy local steel options or go with a 1/4 steel import from Zavvi or something a little easier to get my hands on and still get the movie.

I as a collector accepted there are so many different versions of the same movie that if I miss out Yes, I get outragged as you read in my earlier rants, but after I cool down and come to my senses I either suck it up to buy it on the aftermarket for a much higher price hoping for it to not be extremely high out of my budget. But, if its in a range where it is not unrealisticly listed with a greedy unreachable price then I bite the bait giving into the capatalists that holds that product ransom above a collectors head with just enough pull to rail me in.

It just depends how badly I want it to be willing to pay an aftermarket price and if its too high on the Bay then I stay within my budget and go for the easier steel as I mentioned above.

I am not a fan to buy from a scalper, but what collector really is? Unfortunately, its the nature of collecting any Hobby and living in a capatilst world where many just care to make money for their inner circle and families is the reality we all have to deal with as collectors.

Sometimes when things dont go our way its ok to vent here and allow some of the members here guide you, give advice or at least help you get over the anger you feel on these crazy releases. I cant say Distributors will ever improve on many of its flaws on how they sell their products, but right now this is the system and we all have to deal with it.

I too if I missed out yesterday would feel the same disappointment as some are feeling right now and all I could do then is either vent as others know I do sometimes, pass on it all, or try to still get it in the aftermarket.

Members here thought I would be writing out rant letters to all the companies invloved with this release which was hilarious by the way with those comments from yesterday because that sounds like something I would do. Even when I wasnt sure I would get what I wanted I was really enjoying the comments here before the release.

I thank everyone for a great time yesterday and definitely agree with all the unique personalities here makes this place a lot of fun to read all the colorful comments.

Of course I would be devastated if it didnt work out for me yesterday and I hope the members that missed out can still feel better sooner then later because as collectors we all been in that boat before not getting what we wanted at retail.

I do like the idea of timed pre orders as someone mentioned that having a Pre order open for a set time. After that time period has ended all pre orders are then counted up and a set Print run is determined.

A company called First4Figures does their pre orders this way for their popular statues. They have a 2 week window where endless pre orders are taken then after the pre order period closes they then begin production on a print run based off of how many pre orders come in.

Also, to stop people from just pre-ordering without any penalties if they decide to cancel then maybe a 10% non refundable deposit should be made on the pre-orders which First4Figures does as well to get serious buyers only.

I feel the order to distribute these products more fairly should be to get the Licensing done first, all approved art work, then do Timed Pre Orders and then begin production. Not sure how they do it, but this is my suggestion.

Last edited:
Whatever method you adopt to GBs, the fact is someone is always going to ‘miss out’ for highly sought titles. We’ve all been in that position and had to pay upto double the price in the secondary market. The blunt way of dealing with this is accept it, deal with it and move on. Not every title is going to be a ‘blood bath’. It’s just the odd one or two you get here and there.

Disney stuff is always higher, and they had high prices on 4k stuff recently too. I'm actually interested to see what pricing would be on a BD only edition that isnt Disney ... to see if the pricing is only a reflection of Disney and/or 4k releases. But not many tick that checkbox with them.
Yeah i get you. i understand licenses can be expensive, but blufans isn't the only one releasing disney movies.
For example the DL includes : a steelbook with 2 discs (3d/2d) and a booklet. i cant recall many editions from any retailer that include so little for this price, cards and extras cost money to make, and i also know quality is expensive and blufans certenaly gives us quality. I also know as time goes by things tend to get more expensive, its still my opinion price is high for the product.
I am happy a got a copy of the SL anyway, but id go for the 1 click if the price seemed fair to me.:dunno:

Reactions: Wreck
Fun night last night... I managed to see some of it whilst lurking in the background before crashing for work the next day lol. Congrats to those that secured their desired copies (nice one @Alf_1 grabbing your complete One Click package! :thanks: Go BIG or go home, I like your style :D;)).

Have to say it, but one thing that especially made me chuckle was @Andycadle84 's sudden change of heart towards this situation. It was like a different member posting on his account LOL. All that recent moaning we've witnessed about Blufans and the way they go about their business, scalpers etc... Members posting joyous messages of already securing their copies only to get accused of gloating and self righteousness lol... :wacky:

Soon changed his tune when the script changed and he *secured his DL though.. :naughty: *Cue personal elation and gifs galore :hilarious: One question, double-standard much!? :LOL::p

J/k buddy ;)

Fun night last night... I managed to see some of it whilst lurking in the background before crashing for work the next day lol. Congrats to those that secured their desired copies (nice one @Alf_1 grabbing your complete One Click package! :thanks: Go BIG or go home, I like your style :D;)).

Have to say it, but one thing that especially made me chuckle was @Andycadle84 's sudden change of heart towards this situation. It was like a different member posting on his account LOL. All that recent moaning we've witnessed about Blufans and the way they go about their business, scalpers etc... Members posting joyous messages of already securing their copies only to get accused of gloating and self righteousness lol... :wacky:

Soon changed his tune when the script changed and he *secured his DL though.. :naughty: *Cue personal elation and gifs galore :hilarious: One question, double-standard much!? :LOL::p

J/k buddy ;)

Honestly I think the Alf Saga will go down in HDN history as one of the more nailbiting and entertaining threads ever!! :rofl:

No, I am not a hacker. Just a very determined Alien that has a passion for stunning steels! They are out of this World and even Melmacians on Melmac know anout them. The hype travels far and wide.

The hype was so high yesterday that the HighDefNinja knowledge even reached far across the galaxy to Aldente Nebula in the Andromeda Galaxy, where my home planet Melmac resides.

I also have a Custom built PC that is like 8 years old, but still works good and a 2 year old Alienware both not seen in those pics posted yesterday.

I love Earth’s gadgets and I am surprised they have not developed Warp Speed ships yet because my Melmacian ship can achieve this speed, but no scientists that checked over my ship can understand how to reverse engineer it.

Thanos has even effected Melmac with his snap of a finger and I hope the Avengers can help restore Melmac to its former Glory for the sake of all life forms!

No matter what you collect that is limited, popular franchises are always hard to obtain. I collect statues as well as other art and most the time there is always some item that will be super duper hard to obtain.

Sometimes I get lucky with the release I really want and other times if I missed out I go for the Best Buy local steel options or go with a 1/4 steel import from Zavvi or something a little easier to get my hands on and still get the movie.

I as a collector accepted there are so many different versions of the same movie that if I miss out Yes, I get outragged as you read in my earlier rants, but after I cool down and come to my senses I either suck it up to buy it on the aftermarket for a much higher price hoping for it to not be extremely high out of my budget. But, if its in a range where it is not unrealisticly listed with a greedy unreachable price then I bite the bait giving into the capatalists that holds that product ransom above a collectors head with just enough pull to rail me in.

It just depends how badly I want it to be willing to pay an aftermarket price and if its too high on the Bay then I stay within my budget and go for the easier steel as I mentioned above.

I am not a fan to buy from a scalper, but what collector really is? Unfortunately, its the nature of collecting any Hobby and living in a capatilst world where many just care to make money for their inner circle and families is the reality we all have to deal with as collectors.

Sometimes when things dont go our way its ok to vent here and allow some of the members here guide you, give advice or at least help you get over the anger you feel on these crazy releases. I cant say Distributors will ever improve on many of its flaws on how they sell their products, but right now this is the system and we all have to deal with it.

I too if I missed out yesterday would feel the same disappointment as some are feeling right now and all I could do then is either vent as others know I do sometimes, pass on it all, or try to still get it in the aftermarket.

Members here thought I would be writing out rant letters to all the companies invloved with this release which was hilarious by the way with those comments from yesterday because that sounds like something I would do. Even when I wasnt sure I would get what I wanted I was really enjoying the comments here before the release.

I thank everyone for a great time yesterday and definitely agree with all the unique personalities here makes this place a lot of fun to read all the colorful comments.

Of course I would be devastated if it didnt work out for me yesterday and I hope the members that missed out can still feel better sooner then later because as collectors we all been in that boat before not getting what we wanted at retail.

I do like the idea of timed pre orders as someone mentioned that having a Pre order open for a set time. After that time period has ended all pre orders are then counted up and a set Print run is determined.

A company called First4Figures does their pre orders this way for their popular statues. They have a 2 week window where endless pre orders are taken then after the pre order period closes they then begin production on a print run based off of how many pre orders come in.

Also, to stop people from just pre-ordering without any penalties if they decide to cancel then maybe a 10% non refundable deposit should be made on the pre-orders which First4Figures does as well to get serious buyers only.

I feel the order to distribute these products more fairly should be to get the Licensing done first, all approved art work, then do Timed Pre Orders and then begin production. Not sure how they do it, but this is my suggestion.

Plain Archive has been known to do timed preorders.

I'm just curious I believe majority of members got there iw one click through transferring from the black panther that was delayed right? So with members who got it this way how many was there and how many was there on this recent gb.
How much as a whole in total of iw one click and iw one click with 1/4 with box did they get allocation here out of interest.

I'm just curious I believe majority of members got there iw one click through transferring from the black panther that was delayed right? So with members who got it this way how many was there and how many was there on this recent gb.
How much as a whole in total of iw one click and iw one click with 1/4 with box did they get allocation here out of interest.

I refreshed the OC + 1/4 slip page every half second until it went up and said 5 copies available. So that may have been it for that one.

90% of BP transferred over.
any information when the shipping begins for the editions ?
some ship in December if not all. otherwise it goes in wave of editions.

Just my .02 to stir the pot but I have little interest in a print run bigger than 4000 so thanks but no thanks to the timed pre-orders. Even 4000 is too much most of the time. As a collector a big part of my drive is to collect rare stuff, though not exclusively.

Just my .02 to stir the pot but I have little interest in a print run bigger than 4000 so thanks but no thanks to the timed pre-orders. Even 4000 is too much most of the time. As a collector a big part of my drive is to collect rare stuff, though not exclusively.
I say it all the time! I love the lead up / adrenaline / chase of a sought after release.
I'm really hoping Ant man + the wasp is 2k

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k