Added to Calendar: 12-04-18

Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Reactions
1,665 7 0
Release date: December 4, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $17.99
I'm now convinced this is the reason why such less than desired art is used on steelbooks the first time around. Because they know they will release a second steelbook later. There are still a ton of the yellow steelbooks for this in stock at Best Buy Canada. Still at $42.99 Canadian.

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
I'm now convinced this is the reason why such less than desired art is used on steelbooks the first time around. Because they know they will release a second steelbook later. There are still a ton of the yellow steelbooks for this in stock at Best Buy Canada. Still at $42.99 Canadian.
That could possibly ring true many a' times, but in the case of the Baby Driver art on the steelbook (first time, yellow) it was Edgar Wright's own brother who did that art and they used it on set during filming on a lot of things. Studios like to use the main art that they have spent thousands on promoting on the wide release as it best markets to casual consumers. So this is why Rory Kurtz pink art was on the BD/4k etc. A lot of studios view Steelbooks for alternative arts as they see our threads where all we do is rave or complain about art lol. And most their info/studios etc is a bit dated in that long ago we complained about having ALTERNATE art as it used to always be the same and how we wanted something DIFFERENT. Then now we have some "created" art that is homeruns and many others that are quick, uninspired, etc. that now we bellyache about wanting original poster art back on steels. :p

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Anyone interested in a group buy for this title if it turns out to be the Kurtz artwork??

View attachment 398768
With a few UK steel arts now popping up at Best Buy. (Shape of Water) I'm thinking this will the Kurtz art which Ive missed out on so I hope it is!

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Reactions
67,766 12 0
With a few UK steel arts now popping up at Best Buy. (Shape of Water) I'm thinking this will the Kurtz art which Ive missed out on so I hope it is!
Does Atomic Blonde come out the same day? We might be looking at a Universal wave

Feb 25, 2014
New Jersey
Reactions
2,214 0 0
Well, this isn't a great chance down me to get this on the cheap.

I missed out on all the premium ones.

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Reactions
16,272 2 0
Ehhh! Really? I got it for 25 bucks at WM last year :D

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Reactions
67,766 12 0
Will more copies be added to the Group Buy once the Artwork is revealed ? (n):dunno:
I'll try and order as many as there is demand for.

It's tougher now-a-days with Best Buy, I can't always get copies as easily as I used to, given their games with limits and in store only stuff.

Actarus

Premium Supporter
Mar 28, 2014
フリード
Reactions
20,780 6 0
I'll try and order as many as there is demand for.

It's tougher now-a-days with Best Buy, I can't always get copies as easily as I used to, given their games with limits and in store only stuff.
Thank you Andy, if for whatever reason once artwork is revealed and you can't source more then what can you do ! :thumbs:

Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Reactions
1,665 7 0
I actually like that and even better is the price.

Dec 22, 2011
Mom's Basement
Reactions
2,941 1 0
Yet another Baby Driver steelbook. That's one baby getting long in the tooth. Steelbook industry, let's move on to something else, shall we?:bored::meh: