Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: December 4, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $17.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

bdr.jpg

Old purchase link:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/baby-d...only--best-buy-2017/34351464.p?skuId=34351464

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
Release date: December 4, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $17.99

I'm now convinced this is the reason why such less than desired art is used on steelbooks the first time around. Because they know they will release a second steelbook later. There are still a ton of the yellow steelbooks for this in stock at Best Buy Canada. Still at $42.99 Canadian.

I'm now convinced this is the reason why such less than desired art is used on steelbooks the first time around. Because they know they will release a second steelbook later. There are still a ton of the yellow steelbooks for this in stock at Best Buy Canada. Still at $42.99 Canadian.
That could possibly ring true many a' times, but in the case of the Baby Driver art on the steelbook (first time, yellow) it was Edgar Wright's own brother who did that art and they used it on set during filming on a lot of things. Studios like to use the main art that they have spent thousands on promoting on the wide release as it best markets to casual consumers. So this is why Rory Kurtz pink art was on the BD/4k etc. A lot of studios view Steelbooks for alternative arts as they see our threads where all we do is rave or complain about art lol. And most their info/studios etc is a bit dated in that long ago we complained about having ALTERNATE art as it used to always be the same and how we wanted something DIFFERENT. Then now we have some "created" art that is homeruns and many others that are quick, uninspired, etc. that now we bellyache about wanting original poster art back on steels. :p

• Informative
Reactions: Lone Crusader
With a few UK steel arts now popping up at Best Buy. (Shape of Water) I'm thinking this will the Kurtz art which Ive missed out on so I hope it is!

Does Atomic Blonde come out the same day? We might be looking at a Universal wave

Does Atomic Blonde come out the same day? We might be looking at a Universal wave

Spidey Homecoming coming out same day as Baby Driver, both Sony .... unless all new art not already been used maybe the Homecoming is that red like EU steel.

Ehhh! Really? I got it for 25 bucks at WM last year :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Will more copies be added to the Group Buy once the Artwork is revealed ? (n):dunno:

I'll try and order as many as there is demand for.

It's tougher now-a-days with Best Buy, I can't always get copies as easily as I used to, given their games with limits and in store only stuff.

Reactions: Actarus
I'll try and order as many as there is demand for.

It's tougher now-a-days with Best Buy, I can't always get copies as easily as I used to, given their games with limits and in store only stuff.

Thank you Andy, if for whatever reason once artwork is revealed and you can't source more then what can you do ! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21