Back to the Future Trilogy - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jun 17, 2018
UK
Release date: October 26, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £74.99

12687281-7744795635676725.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. All 4K discs are always region free. Blu-ray discs from Universal Studios are always region free as well.
Around 98% of Universal Blu-ray discs are region free but not all

Some Blu-ray USA releases that are from other production film company's but distributed by Universal and has a different film distributor in other countries some of these are Region Locked

When it's a film distributed by Universal worldwide then yes is region free

Description
ALL THREE FILMS IN STUNNING 4K, LIMITED STEELBOOK EDITION
Experience one of the most popular movie series of all time like never before with Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy! Join Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox), Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) and a time traveling DeLorean for the adventure of a lifetime as they travel to the past, present and future, setting off a time-shattering chain reaction that disrupts the space-time continuum! From filmmakers Steven Spielberg, Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale, this unforgettable collection features hours of bonus features and is an unrivalled trilogy that stands the test of time.
BONUS FEATURES
  • OVER ONE HOUR OF ALL-NEW BONUS
  • The Hollywood Museum Goes Back To The Future
  • Back To The Future: The Musical – Behind The Scenes
  • An Alternate Future: Lost Audition Tapes
  • Could You Survive The Movies? Back To The Future
PLUS
  • Tales From The Future: 6-Part Documentary
  • The Physics of Back To The Future
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Michael J. Fox Q&A
  • 8 Archival Featurettes
  • Behind The Scenes Footage
  • Music Videos
  • Audio Commentaries
  • Back To The Future: The Ride
  • Doc Brown Saves The World! (Short Film)
  • OUTATIME: Restoring the DeLorean
  • And Much More!

It will either mean, absolute nothing - so streaky matte, or a actual zero finish which is a basic varnish over but nowhere near a full gloss sheen. I assume it the latter, not the former.

• Wow
Reactions: djjez83
What does Zero mean
Maybe the best way to describe zero finish is somewhere between matte and glossy with improved contrast and colours and less chance of streaks compared to matte, also with some of the qualities of gloss but without any of the negatives such as fingerprints and the orange peel effect as seen on the recent Star Wars steels.

Matte vs. zero:-
1602977860960.png
1602977896076.png

Another example of matte v. zero - CLASH OF THE TITANS:-
1602977265884.png

A quick look at examples of the three main finishes (matte, zero and glossy):-

Last edited:
Maybe the best way to describe this finish is between matte and glossy which improves contrast and colours with some of the q
Agree it's usually better than streaky matte, but i wouldn't go quite that far. Satin on the other hand is a fair step up in quality. Unfortunately rarely used anymore :(

Streaky matte - the fan favourite at HDN :naughty:
One of these two things is better IMO. Streaky Bacon or Streaky Matte Steelbooks, you decide... :naughty:

PS. Obviously if Vegan or Vegetarians, would go for the latter, but the bacon would be a close second I guess for some...

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
American release.

I used no filters etc. While matte, and even with some black, they arent super streaky ... they have a smooth feel. I'm really no fan of matte, so I think it means a little something if I say they are a decent matte. I wont say its great or anything because I think with matte that has more to do with what colors are then used. But for these vibrant pics, and it being matte, its not all that bad, but I think they would obviously serve better as gloss. The insides really pop so def good art there.

For those interested
There is a 35th Anniversary updated and revised edition of The Back to the Future Ultimate Visual History Book

Thread link below