Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 21st, 2015
Purchase link: Amazon.it Sold Out
Price: EUR 22.95

81VlfrUbPhL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So, who's going for the gift wrap option? From what I understood, they'll ship it in a box of you select gift wrap, as opposed to an A1 mailer?

The following post suggests that they now send them out in boxes regardless of which option you choose. The only difference is that gift-wrapped items are gift-wrapped before putting them in a box! That's how I read it, anyway...

I asked Amazon.it if they can offer me better packaging if I pay extra for this order. At the same time I asked for info regarding the packaging they use for gift wrapped items. Their reply was:

We have improved a lot our packaging service in last months, in order to prevent that this kind of items suffer damage during transit.
We ship a lot of steelbooks around the world everyday and the number of items who arrives damaged it's very low (these cases are not causes by an improper packaging).
We don't have the possibility to pay for a better box, as the box we use for all orders is the best we have. For gift orders we use a special wrap and also a box for shipping.

I just hope that the text remains english :p

I'm not sure if I believe them, cuz I know a few people that received SBs from Italy recenetly and it was still in an A1 mailer.
It's quite possible that the gift wrapped "edition" will still be put in an A1 mailer :p

Their answer is written in a way that can be interpreted in vairous ways :confused:

We'll see when the time comes :)

Reactions: digitalbabe
Cancelled my Zavvi order and preordered this. Worked out about half price. Shows how much Zavvi inflate their prices!

I'm not sure if I believe them, cuz I know a few people that received SBs from Italy recenetly and it was still in an A1 mailer.
It's quite possible that the gift wrapped "edition" will still be put in an A1 mailer :p

Their answer is written in a way that can be interpreted in vairous ways :confused:

We'll see when the time comes :)

I got one from them this week in a cardboard mailer, battered to bits. I ordered when I ordered this!

I have a feeling there could be some extras with the zavvi release. The price seems ridiculous if not.
As far as I can tell by the descriptions they're exactly the same transfer. Don't quote me on that though! £40 does seem a bit excessive!

I mean that it says Box set on the listing. Maybe there is some physical extras. It probably won't like, but would maybe justify the price difference.
On the Amazon.it site it states there's a bonus disc (4 disc collection) exactly the same as Zavvi. Your call dude but £20 saved is another steel you can buy! :naughty:

On the Amazon.it site it states there's a bonus disc (4 disc collection) exactly the same as Zavvi. Your call dude but £20 saved is another steel you can buy! :naughty:

Thats true. Will see if there is more info before release before I cancel zavvi.
I wonder when the back and inside art will be anounced.

Think this will be English title as it seems to be mass produced like the marvel steels? If it all has the same artwork in several countries I can't see the title changing on each one.

Then again I think the dawn of the planet of the apes had same art but foreign title

So, who's going for the gift wrap option? From what I understood, they'll ship it in a box of you select gift wrap, as opposed to an A1 mailer?

I'm going to try the gift wrap option but I'm waiting for the rest of the artwork, I'm not sure how they will gift wrap it but it's worth a shot, hopefully no A1 mailer but there is no certainty.

The good exchange rate at the minute is a bonus so in my case going for the Italian set is the cheaper option. Again like a lot of people hoping for good packaging.

The only time I've gone for the gift wrap option ( from amazon US) the gift wrap was very thin and it was still sent in a cardboard mailer so I've never bothered with it again.. but that's just what I got, maybe others have had better results

I recently got Mortdecai and Terminator from them....had pre-ordered and forgotten about it and now when I think of it, I should have cancelled!! They sent it in a small box, but did not help at all as there was no bubble wrap or smaller box used inside, and the steelbooks were dancing around inside all the way from Italy to US....came with minor dents as well as shrink wrap torn at multiple places....

Very good price for the steel but shipping cost to Oz is prohibitive. 14 EUR for a single steel?
Yeah shipping is expensive, it's always best to buy multiples as its a flat rate no matter how much you buy. The packaging isn't normally great though.

Reactions: rodtp