UK
Release date: October 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Back to the Future Trilogy
Price: £39.99
Note: Limited to 1,000 copies.

11151010-1764311460958208.jpg

backtothefuture.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad thing is that YOU don't get where I'M coming from and anyway what does it matter who makes the steelbook and who makes the j-card?
The U.K. steelbook comes with the U.K. j-card which I find more to my taste
I'm in the UK thread for UK steelbooks because I was born in London,and lived there for 35 years until I moved to Canada. I've bought many Zavvi steelbooks,but only when it is a genuine Zavvi exclusive, that is reasonably priced.
I have a question for you,and I would like you to answer it,if you don't mind - Do you consider the recent Zavvi James Bond steelbooks as ultra limited UK steelbooks ?
They came all in

Happy to respond to your perfectly reasonable question: I passed on the JAMES BOND steelbooks for the following reasons :-
(a) I'm unhappy with the GBP 16.99 price for each one.
(b) They would all have been charged at the same time as 'Age of Ultron' and I would have been happier for these to be spread out over maybe a longer period - say three months.
(c) No 'Dr. No' which doesn't make any sense to me and should have been included.
(d) Really like them though and would have loved to buy a COMPLETE COLLECTION of 'JB' films in steelbooks - all with matching spines - but it was announced that only those with direct links to SPECTRE would be released so again . . .
To answer your question - "No" the JB steels cannot be compared to THE BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY because they are not Ultra Limited - that is, apart from two of them, one of which is 'Sold out' I believe (or at least it was the last time I looked) - so I'd qualify my "No" to "No, regarding seven of them" and "Yes, two of them do indeed fall into the Ultra Limited category."
They are also not 'Anniversary Editions' with an extra disc of new content.

I realise your intention may have been to trip me up (QUANTUM & SKYFALL) but that's cool :)

The sad thing is that YOU don't get where I'M coming from and anyway what does it matter who makes the steelbook and who makes the j-card?
The U.K. steelbook comes with the U.K. j-card which I find more to my taste
They came all in

Happy to respond to your perfectly reasonable question: I passed on the JAMES BOND steelbooks for the following reasons :-
(a) I'm unhappy with the GBP 16.99 price for each one.
(b) They would all have been charged at the same time as 'Age of Ultron' and I would have been happier for these to be spread out over maybe a longer period - say three months.
(c) No 'Dr. No' which doesn't make any sense to me and should have been included.
(d) Really like them though and would have loved to buy a COMPLETE COLLECTION of 'JB' films in steelbooks - all with matching spines - but it was announced that only those with direct links to SPECTRE would be released so again . . .
To answer your question - "No" the JB steels cannot be compared to THE BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY because they are not Ultra Limited - that is, apart from two of them, one of which is 'Sold out' I believe (or at least it was the last time I looked) - so I'd qualify my "No" to "No, regarding seven of them" and "Yes, two of them do indeed fall into the Ultra Limited category."
They are also not 'Anniversary Editions' with an extra disc of new content.

I realise your intention may have been to trip me up (QUANTUM & SKYFALL) but that's cool :)

Again,you were doing great,with your response - Until that very last line,where you make it provocative.
For the record,I got all 9 Bonds for £60 and Age of Ultron (Vison and Ultron versions) £33 - A benefit of being a Brit in Canada :)

Lets all give it a rest for now
Most of us agree the price is way to high
UK Jcard has nothing to do with the pricing of the steelbook it cost at most £1.00 to make the Jcard

Zavvi won't sell this at the price they want now when it can be purchased at half the price elsewhere

The steelbook Zavvi price has nothing to do with been how limited it is or having a UK Jcard its about Zavvi having the wrong pricing that's all nothing more

Zavvi should have listed the price for this in the region of £20.00 to £25.00 Max (€27.00 to €35.00)

If they had of done this most would have kept their orders or ordered today if it was in stock at that price and this would be in line with the price it is from other retailers in Europe

Last edited:
Again,you were doing great,with your response - Until that very last line,where you make it provocative.
For the record,I got all 9 Bonds for £60 and Age of Ultron (Vison and Ultron versions) £33 - A benefit of being a Brit in Canada :)

I would ask you how you managed to get all 9 JB steels for 60 quid but I think that is not relevant to the Ultra Limited discussion and anyway these off-topic ramblings, though amusing / irksome to some, have gone on for long enough.

Best buy Canada,$12.99 each roughly a third of the Zavvi price
Canada $12.99 = UK pounds £6.54 each
But to be fair on Zavvi the UK price was reasonable for these compared to other European retailer price they were not that far off even if slightly dearer by only a few pounds

They were not double the price with these compared to Back to the Future and that is why I kept my Zavvi orders of all 9 Bond Steelbooks especially as I used a 15% discount code the price was close to European price

Best Buy USA/Canada will for most release always be cheaper than UK/Europe retailers that's normal

EDIT 16/10 5pm . . . and finally "Sold out".
EDIT 17/10 4pm . . . or not, as the case may be.
EDIT 20/10 3pm . . . and finally "Sold out" after two weeks.
EDIT 21/10 2pm . . . or not, as the case may be.
EDIT 22/10 11am . . . and gone again . . .
EDIT:
EDIT:
EDIT:
EDIT:
EDIT:

Last edited:
Best prices at the time of writing of the Zavvi and the Import on the auction site :-

26/10
(1) The Zavvi is a "Buy it now" @GBP 38.99 + Free P&P - with 4 available - (item no.262112103460)
(2) The Import is a "Buy it now" @GBP 25 + Free P&P - with 4 available - (item no.141811429936)

(Weird thing though is that the titles of the films are not on the discs, not even the numbers, although disc 4 does have "Bonus disc" on it).

N.B. Not all imports come with the Digital HD Ultraviolet code.
N.B. Print is different on j-card fronts:-
Zavvi - "LIMITED EDITION"
Import - "EXCLUSIVE EDITION"

EDIT 27/10:
(1) Zavvi "The listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available"
(2) Import "3 available" (as above).

EDIT 29/10:
(1) Zavvi is a "Buy it now" @GBP 35.99 (including Free P&P) 1 available - (262116637736)
(2) Import "3 sold 2 available" (as above)

EDIT 31/10:
(1) No "Buy it now" listings at a 'reasonable price' for the Zavvi.
(2) Best price for the import ATM is GBP 29.99 (including "Free P&P") with "2 available 1 sold" (201457824367).

EDIT 1/11:
(1) Best "Buy it now" price for the Zavvi is GBP 49.99 +3.50 P&P
(2) Best "Buy it now" price for Import is GBP 24.99 + 4 P&P
(2) Also (as above) GBP 29.99 but now it's "2 sold only 1 remaining"

Last edited:
Does any of my American or Canadian Ninjas who has this U.K. version want to exchange their Ultraviolate codes? I have the Target version but I can't use the codes here in the U.K. as they can only be used in the U.S. or Canada

Drop me a PM if interested :) :thumbs: