Batman: Arkham City - Prequel to feature Justice League!

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Last night’s Spike TV VGA’s played host to the official unveiling of super hero sequel Batman: Arkham City, the debut trailer of which can be seen below for your consumption courtesy of the chaps at GameTrailers.

Plot info:
Quincy Sharp is no longer running for mayor.
Arkham Asylum and Black Gate Prison are unfit to hold inmates.
Quincy Sharp buys off part of the slums and walls it off, creating Arkham City.
Hugo Strange is now in charge of Arkham City.
Two-Face plans to execute Catwoman to gain respect of inmates.
The overdose of venom may not be what's wrong with the Joker.

Gameplay info:
You are now able to counter two attacks at once.
More puzzles.
All gadgets included in the first game are available from the start.
Side missions now feature in the game.
Gangs roam Arkham City. These are recorded in Batman's criminal database.
You find people who work for the Riddler to find Riddler challenges.
Batman has smoke bombs.

Screens:

BatmanAC.jpg

BatmanAC2.jpg

BatmanAC3.jpg

BatmanAC4.jpg

BatmanAC5.jpg

BatmanAC6.jpg

BatmanAC7.jpg

BatmanAC8.jpg

BatmanAC9.jpg

BatmanAC10.jpg

BatmanAC11.jpg

BatmanAC12.jpg

BatmanAC13.jpg

BatmanAC14.jpg

BatmanAC15.jpg

BatmanAC16.jpg

BatmanAC17.jpg

BatmanAC18.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Check this out!

batmansteelbookau530pxheaderimgedited.jpg

We'll be honest with you, folks -- we want nothing more than to dress as the pastel, '70s-era Batman while we prance around Arkham City. That'd just be tops. Unfortunately, we don't live in Australia, where the EB Games-exclusive "Steelbook Edition" comes with the blue-tinged DLC, along with a few more bat-themed goodies.

Buyers of the "Steelbook Edition" also get their game in a fancy metal box, access to the "Joker Carnival" Challenge Map DLC, and a copy of the "Batman: Under the Red Hood" animated film on DVD (or Blu-ray, should you buy the PS3 version). And for $98 AUD ($107 USD), they'll be paying exactly the same price as Aussies buying the regular edition at other game retailers.

Source: Joystiq

I want that costume! Although I am not willing to pay the shipping and price for this. :D

I am hoping they bring the costume in a DLC?

Yea they better bring it to us through DLC. I'm getting so sick of all these pre-order exclusives. Bestbuy has exclusive Robin challenge rooms and I have a ton of credit at amazon so I may just have to pre-order from both places anyway. I don't know. That costume is awesome though.

I actually wish that steelbook (front) would be final art ... the pure metal look with batman etched logo looks pimpin'

Yea they better bring it to us through DLC. I'm getting so sick of all these pre-order exclusives. Bestbuy has exclusive Robin challenge rooms and I have a ton of credit at amazon so I may just have to pre-order from both places anyway. I don't know. That costume is awesome though.

I agree I'm in a bit of a dilemma on where to pre-order because of the damn exclusives. I think I'm just going to go and get it at best buy since ill be paying taxes on Amazon soon.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Batman: Arkham City to feature episodic DLC?

Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy has hinted that developer Rocksteady is planning episodic DLC support for Batman: Arkham City.

Conroy described the much-anticipated superhero sequel as an ‘on-going game,’ indicating Rocksteady will be supporting the Caped Crusader’s latest outing for some time after its launch this fall.

"The thing about Arkham City is that it's going to be an ongoing game," Conroy told Siliconera.

"You're going to be able to download future episodes of it, so it’s going to be going on for quite a while. I've been recording it for a while."

The game’s predecessor, Arkham Asylum, offered DLC in the form of Challenge Maps. Going by Conroy’s words however, it seems we may get something a little different this time around.

Batman: Arkham City is due out in the U.S. on October 18.

As long as they are story related and not just some DLC that include more challenge rooms I'll buy.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

BatmanSkins.jpg

Maaaaaaybe. At least, the number of preorder skins currently available for Batman: Arkham City is certainly pushing the envelope.

A British fan site has put together all of the skins available for customers in the UK (some of them are available outside Europe, others not), and it's a little bananas. There are five available, most of them from unique, competing retailers, and while many of them look great - the Dark Knight Returns one especially - you should probably refrain from getting any of them.

Why? Because the more people give in to this, the more publishers will know they can get away with it. You want them to can this crap, then stop buying it. Simple!

For the record, the skins are, from left to right, Batman Beyond, The Dark Knight Returns, Earth Zero, 1970's, The Animated Series and the default skin.

There's only a few on that picture that I would love to have on the game. :scat:

What took you so long? :p

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION WAS $16 ON AMAZON, SO I FELT THE TIME WAS RIGHT.

I like the classic and the one to the left of it. That second one looks roided up haha

IN THE GRAPHIC NOVEL "THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS" BATMAN IS IN HIS 50'S AND A BIT OUT OF SHAPE, BUT COMES OUT OF RETIREMENT TO FIGHT INJUSTICE ONCE AGAIN. THUS HIS "FAT" LOOK.

Last edited:
Dam! Can't beat that price.

Oh lol. I was looking at the pic from Tapatalk. It doesn't show a full screen size, so looks he's got a big jaw/build lol