Batman Begins (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 53) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 15, 2024
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B (Pre-order on January 19, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $175.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $54.99 (Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Full Slip: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Double Lenti A: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 3D+Flip Lenticuar (Front), 3D Lenticular (Back) Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Double Lenti B: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticulars, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Batman_begins_BOX_packshot_OC_2000x.jpgBatman_begins_packshot_FS_2000x.jpgBB_Batman_beginsA_2000x.jpgBatman_begins_packshot_DLSB_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
WeET will beat them all. :naughty:
Honestly I wouldn't mind a Spider-Man 1 (Raimi) quality level Full Slip by WeET for Batman Begins. Every time I look at it I'm amazed by the level of detail, it's such a beauty. Probably the best embossing I've personally seen on a Full Slip and for sure my favorite.

Edit: Sorry for the spamming, but quickly took a look at it and the holofoil efects on the lenses and the webs are too magnificent. So I had to take pics and share.

IMG_0756.jpeg
IMG_0757.jpeg

Last edited:
better than Blufans?
Seeing as BF do the slips backwards, yup.
I have several BF and they ARE top tier, don't grt me wrong. But I just prefer Manta.
Have ever since Constantine, and often when they arrive, they have often beeb better than advertised.

BF have always met expectations, never exceeded, which isn't a bad thing, just that and the backwards slips, sway me toward Manta.

So yeah, for me, I prefer Manta over BF, but BF is probably my next fave premium retailer.

I love manta, I do. I think I have more manta editions than any other retailer. They have become far too production line now though. Everything is in the same template, no originality. You know what to expect, so it's consistent, but it's also boring.

Blufans, particularly blufans of late vs manta of late, are head and shoulders better quality. Lentis, slip designs, steels, the lot. Blufans have even become a bit better with extras recently, which were always too 1 booklet bare bones for my liking.

That being said, you just aren't going to beat HDZ on TDK trilogy. That set is the GOAT. It's got just about every good art piece you could want, plus a heap of varing extras throughout. Shame they seem to have fallen off a cliff recently, but up until a few years ago id've easily said they were my favourite retailer.

Reactions: jc2ssych and MM3
Plain Archive used to be the perfect antithesis to this but they're just nowhere to be found anymore.....
Agreed. Can't say I always liked their title choices, but they were unique, if I can't say anything else about them. The Blu/On collections from kimchidvd were very bespoke as well, as were some manta releases, but there's just no sense of that tailor made aspect to any packages being released now imo.

Agreed. Can't say I always liked their title choices, but they were unique, if I can't say anything else about them. The Blu/On collections from kimchidvd were very bespoke as well, as were some manta releases, but there's just no sense of that tailor made aspect to any packages being released now imo.

I dunno Barbie's quite different in design to their norm

Loads of embossing vs the normal debossed title
Glitter effect on the FS vs their normal finishes
The OC box sounds unique

Don't forget you said they wouldn't even do the film at all ;)

• Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror
I dunno Barbie's quite different in design to their norm

Loads of embossing vs the normal debossed title
Glitter effect on the FS vs their normal finishes
The OC box sounds unique

Don't forget you said they wouldn't even do the film at all ;)
It is, the steel and OC box anyway. The rest is bread and butter manta though. DL, FS, booklet, envelope, cards. It's still all the same template, they've just designed it all really well, for a change. There's not a weak link or any naff art.

I know, I know. I said that before the bloody thing blew up. I was not expecting it to make so much money. I remember walking into the cinema with the Mrs, and she asked if I thought it would outsell Oppy at the BO... :facepalm: :rofl:

I love manta, I do. I think I have more manta editions than any other retailer. They have become far too production line now though. Everything is in the same template, no originality. You know what to expect, so it's consistent, but it's also boring.

Blufans, particularly blufans of late vs manta of late, are head and shoulders better quality. Lentis, slip designs, steels, the lot. Blufans have even become a bit better with extras recently, which were always too 1 booklet bare bones for my liking.

That being said, you just aren't going to beat HDZ on TDK trilogy. That set is the GOAT. It's got just about every good art piece you could want, plus a heap of varing extras throughout. Shame they seem to have fallen off a cliff recently, but up until a few years ago id've easily said they were my favourite retailer.
You may be right, but IW was the last BF i had in hand vs several Mantas just last year, so maybe when i get the more recent BF MCU titles in hand, i may change my mind. But it would take some doing. The backwards slip bugs me and cant see them changing that, ever.

I do agree with Manta being more production line, but dont see it as a bad thing personally. Especially with releases like EEAOO - that was SO much nicer in hand that am not even mad the discs are locked with no Uk disc option.

As for HDZ, I only have one of theirs - Edge of Tomorrow - and its fine. Usually i dont bother with HDZ as my preferred retailers are Manta and BF first, always have been. The HDZ ones just dont do anything for me. Never have.

You may be right, but IW was the last BF i had in hand vs several Mantas just last year, so maybe when i get the more recent BF MCU titles in hand, i may change my mind. But it would take some doing. The backwards slip bugs me and cant see them changing that, ever.

I do agree with Manta being more production line, but dont see it as a bad thing personally. Especially with releases like EEAOO - that was SO much nicer in hand that am not even mad the discs are locked with no Uk disc option.

As for HDZ, I only have one of theirs - Edge of Tomorrow - and its fine. Usually i dont bother with HDZ as my preferred retailers are Manta and BF first, always have been. The HDZ ones just dont do anything for me. Never have.
In all fairness IW is not a good example imo. I do like the steel, but it's not amazing. None of the slips were up to much either tbh. Most of their disney stuff in particular was fantastic though. Blufans have really stepped it up over the last year or so imo, and I got over the back to front slips long ago lol

I don't have a problem with manta as such, they're consistent, and you know what you're getting, which I appreciate. When they do occasionally come out with something outside the norm, then you're pleasantly surprised too. I feel like very few of their releases are particularly "special" though to be honest.

HDZ, I've got plenty. Gold are obviously the highlights, being WEA steels, but the majority of silver follows a similar format. Once they got to using the folders that hold their booklets & cards, they became my favourite retailer, for a time anyway.

Reactions: yeslek
I agree with Sam that HDZ's will remain the best set for this trilogy but I do think once all 3 are out Manta's will be a nicer set than Blufans. I've just checked over my Blufans set and other than TDK which they did do a great job with the other 2 are a bit meh

Reactions: samdavies
I agree with Sam that HDZ's will remain the best set for this trilogy but I do think once all 3 are out Manta's will be a nicer set than Blufans. I've just checked over my Blufans set and other than TDK which they did do a great job with the other 2 are a bit meh
I feel similar. TDK blufans is the best overall set of the 3 blufans imo, even if I don't love it. Other than that, the only other edition I like is BB DL. TDKR was naff all round. I'm hopeful for manta's TDK slips, and curious about TDKR slips.

The Blufans TDKR Steel, SL and DL are absolutely fine. Can’t stand the film but I’m not gona be biased. They look great. The FS could of been a lot better though.

Their TDK is the best of the 3. All the slips, steel and OC box are perfect.

BB could’ve been so much better if it wasn’t for that f**king SL transition. The DL is fine but the FS could’ve been better too although I do like the back

I’ve only got the Zeta DL’s but they are all awesome

TDKR...Can’t stand the film
I Get You GIF by CBS

I have all 3 DLs and like all of them. My only issue - and this has been a recurring issue with Blufans - is the extensive scuffing on too many of their lenticulars. My front lenticular on the BB set is particularly bad. For some reason if I look at it in the protector then I can barely see them, which is good. But when I take it out they are pretty prominent.

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
The Blufans TDKR Steel, SL and DL are absolutely fine. Can’t stand the film but I’m not gona be biased. They look great. The FS could of been a lot better though.

Their TDK is the best of the 3. All the slips, steel and OC box are perfect.

BB could’ve been so much better if it wasn’t for that f**king SL transition. The DL is fine but the FS could’ve been better too although I do like the back

I’ve only got the Zeta DL’s but they are all awesome
I probably would have gotten the Blufans trilogy if it wasn’t for TDK steelbook. Never liked that image on anything. If Manta uses that for a slip, it will immediately narrow my decision down to two slips.