Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 11, 2023
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes Slipbox and Comic

Batman.jpg

Slipbox.jpg 81dx3sBul8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71HGucOIFML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully the french release also includes slipbox and comic, or I'll cancel and order from hmv instead. Have to wait and see when fnac update their listing.

Just ordered this and paid up front. I love this movie its one of if not my fav batman animated movie so its a must for me.

awesome artwork!!! watched the movie once in the mid 90s and cant remember if i liked the movie.... the animated series is one of my favorites.

Info on the restoration.. sounds positive. It's the theatrical matted presentation, which I expected with a restoration like this tbh. I'll keep hold of the open-matte blu-ray copy i have too.

"The 4K HDR/SDR remaster of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm was sourced from the 1993 Original Cut Camera Negative and was scanned at 4K resolution. Digital restoration was applied to the 4K scans to remove dirt, scratches and additional anomalies, but special care was given to not touch the film grain or the animation cel dirt that was part of the original artwork. This is the first time since its theatrical release that it is presented in its 1.85 aspect ratio. The original 2.0 mix and the 5.1 tracks were remastered to remove or improve defects such as pops, ticks, dropouts and distortion."