Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - In theaters March 25, 2016

What did you think of Batman v Superman???

• PERFECT! WOW!!!!!!

• Very good. Few up & down but overal, very good!

• Ok. Felt underwhelming...

• Piece of crap movie!!!

• Haven't seen... won't see! No interest here!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tagline: Justice or revenge

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Laurence Fishburne, Holly Hunter

Release: 2016-03-23

Runtime: 151

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

Trailer for the Unrated Cut:

F**K YEAH, Can't wait to own this! :woot: :notworthy: :drool: Thanks @kaw :thumbs:

BvS Banner.jpg

Can't believe I still haven't seen this... wish I could go back and make the time to see it in cinemas.

Oh well, only 2 more months until it's out on Blu. :sleep:
same thing i said.I really wish i could have seen this in the theaters.but at least we get to see the ultimate edition.

same thing i said.I really wish i could have seen this in the theaters.but at least we get to see the ultimate edition.
I've been thinking about that... for those of us that haven't yet seen it; do we watch the theatrical cut first, or just jump straight into the ultimate/directors cut? I'm thinking the former... I'll no doubt want to rewatch it soon after anyway, in which case I can then give the ultimate edition a go. And I realise I basically just answered my own question. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash
I've been thinking about that... for those of us that haven't yet seen it; do we watch the theatrical cut first, or just jump straight into the ultimate/directors cut? I'm thinking the former... I'll no doubt want to rewatch it soon after anyway, in which case I can then give the ultimate edition a go. And I realise I basically just answered my own question. :LOL:

I would always suggest watching the theatrical cut first and then any extended version yes time consuming but it can be very useful.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I would always suggest watching the theatrical cut first and then any extended version yes time consuming but it can be very useful.
Yeah, that seems like the best option. I usually rewatch Snyder's films with his commentary (Maximum Movie Mode - hopefully BvS will have that feature too!) afterwards anyway, so I'll be watching it multiple times either way. :)

Reactions: Flash
If I had a choice of watching the theatrical or extended for the first time, I would watch it the way it was intended by the director, which is the extended. Why watch the chopped-up/interfered version first?

Being a huge Batman fan, I honestly wish they had released the ultimate cut in theaters. So what if it is over 3 hours long? Release it in theaters and if it is truly bad then it would be justified that Zack Snyder is to blame. Just my 2 cents.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
The Ultimate Cut is released today on streaming services. I'm yet to see any cut of the film, but was planning to check out the theatrical cut first... however, I can't wait any longer! Going to check it out in a bit. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Well, I didn't love it as much as I'd hoped/expected, but it certainly wasn't the car crash critics made it out to be. I can definitely see what people meant about it being a tad messy and overloaded in places though... it had me lost and confused a few times. Overall I found it very entertaining and loved all of the main characters - Batfleck was awesome, although I think I still need to see more of him before I decide whether he's my favourite Batman. Wonder Woman was amazing, but underused... this obviously wasn't her movie though, so I can let that slide. Supes was great (and my favourite) as usual... I still wish they'd given him his own sequel before BvS though. Lex was good, although I wasn't really sold on him until towards the end. Irons is the perfect Alfred... can't wait to see more of him in the standalone Batman movie. I think the real winner though is the soundtrack... it made each scene even more epic than it already was. The movie gets a big thumbs up from me! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
@Noodles I'm guessing you watched the Extended Cut? Yes?

Ive been looking at a lot of reviews for the Extended edition of the film and EVERYONE is saying it was WAY BETTER then the theatrical cut.
People who didn't like the film and watched this version actually enjoyed it now!

I think DC / WB made a big mistake cutting this film just for the sake not wanting to release a 3 hour film. Apparently Character beats, Story elements, and overall flow of the film all work better now.
Can't wait to watch it!

• Thanks
@Noodles I'm guessing you watched the Extended Cut? Yes?

Ive been looking at a lot of reviews for the Extended edition of the film and EVERYONE is saying it was WAY BETTER then the theatrical cut.
People who didn't like the film and watched this version actually enjoyed it now!

I think DC / WB made a big mistake cutting this film just for the sake not wanting to release a 3 hour film. Apparently Character beats, Story elements, and overall flow of the film all work better now.
Can't wait to watch it!
I did mate. Obviously I can't compare it to the theatrical cut because I'm yet to see that version, but I've also been seeing more positive reviews for the ultimate cut. I'm very interested in checking out the shorter version though, just to see how it does actually compare. I imagine the studio were thinking a 3 hour run time might put a lot of people off seeing it in theaters... I know it puts me off anyway (I don't mind watching long films at home though), but then I'm not a fan of cinemas in the first place. :p

I did mate. Obviously I can't compare it to the theatrical cut because I'm yet to see that version, but I've also been seeing more positive reviews for the ultimate cut. I'm very interested in checking out the shorter version though, just to see how it does actually compare. I imagine the studio were thinking a 3 hour run time might put a lot of people off seeing it in theaters... I know it puts me off anyway (I don't mind watching long films at home though), but then I'm not a fan of cinemas in the first place. :p

I think they need to bring back an Intermission for really long movies then.

When I went and saw the Hateful 8 last winter they had one for it and it was fantastic!
It allowed people to take a bathroom break / stretch your legs / and discuss the film (thus far) with your friends. I loved it!

It would really turn seeing the film into an experience... rather then just a movie.

• Thanks
I think they need to bring back an Intermission for really long movies then.

When I went and saw the Hateful 8 last winter they had one for it and it was fantastic!
It allowed people to take a bathroom break / stretch your legs / and discuss the film (thus far) with your friends. I loved it!

It would really turn seeing the film into an experience... rather then just a movie.
Couldn't agree more. I already struggle to watch 2 hour long films without taking at least one break, so I'd have no chance lasting 3 hours lol.

I've just finished watching the extended cut. I loved the film when it first came out but thought it was badly edited. The extended cut is MUCH better. The story overall makes a lot more sense.
Clark actually does some investigative journalism. You can see why people are actually afraid of the Bat-brand and Lex actually seems like a mastermind of a bad guy rather than some insane eccentric. Even the comparisons between the funerals add so much to the subtext of the story. Love the fact that Luthor is being moved to Arkham instead of staying in Metropolis

And that extended Warehouse scene! Amazing!