Black Hawk Down (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchivdvd Exclusive No.32) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 29, 2016
Purchase link: Black Hawk Down - Pre-order March 11 at 2 PM (Korea time) - Timezone converter HERE
Price: $34.99
Note: 2,000 Copies + Numbered Sticker

12794677_1841085699451972_7802872983350052910_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Blu-ray includes this extra from the DVD special edition
The Essence of Combat: Making Black Hawk Down (151 min) 6 parts documentary
  • Blu-ray exclusive Blu-Wizard" enhancement (customize how you watch the special features... in this case, the above 6-part documentary

The Essence of Combat: Making Black Hawk Down
    This is a very good documentary and very detailed

Its missing the following DVD extras from the 3 disc special edition/deluxe edition
  • Image And Design" featurettes:
  • Designing Mogadishu
  • Jerry Bruckheimer's Photo Album
    Photo Galleries
    Production Design Archive
    Ridleygrams
    - Storyboards
    - Title Design And Exploration
  • 8 alternate and deleted scenes
  • Historical Archives" featurettes:
  • The History Channel Presents: The True Story Of Black Hawk Down (92m 25s)
  • PBS Presents: Frontline: Ambush In Mogadishu (55m 2s)
  • Target Building Insertion" featurette
  • Q&A Forums" featurettes:
  • BAFTA Awards
  • Motion Picture Editor's Guild
  • American Cinematheque
  • "Gortoz A Ran: J'Attends" music video by Lisa Gerrard and Denez Prigent
    Poster concepts
I would keep the 3 Disc DVD edition if you like this film a lot and are interested in the real story behind black hawk down
Especially for these 2 documentaries
  • The History Channel Presents: The True Story Of Black Hawk Down (92m 25s)
  • PBS Presents: Frontline: Ambush In Mogadishu (55m 2s)
wow certainly is missing a LOT.

I was half wanting this for me, but seeing its missing those two Doc's you highlighted, am not so sure anymore...then agian the other half wont ever let go of the DVD so I may cave on this...we'll see Friday I guess.

thanks for the info :)

Reactions: paulboland
@yeslek The German Blu-ray release from Universum, also available as a Steelbook, includes 'The Essence of Combat: Making Black Hawk Down' documentary that is contained on the Sony Blu-ray. It also includes the cast & crew Interviews, 'Image & Design' featurettes, deleted & alternate scenes, and a 'Behind the Scenes' featurette that are missing from the Sony Blu-ray. The 'Historical Archive' documentaries, however, are not included on the German disc, no doubt due to licensing restrictions on the source material.

In 2006, there was a further single DVD release from Sony which contained the 152 min Extended Cut of the film. That version has, to my knowledge, never received a Blu-ray release.
I was not aware of the extended cut so may look into this instead...thank you!

Reactions: augustus
I already own it ftom Play . Hay Ho WILL be having it again YYYYYIIIIIIIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE .

BHD and Gladiator both in my view true Movie Masterpieces LOVE EM BOTH .

mr. Scott has made other semi good movies like Alien and Blade Runner .... :naughty::whistle::rofl:

mr. Scott has made other semi good movies like Alien and Blade Runner .... :naughty::whistle::rofl:

I class those as fledgling movies Nef . Blade Runner I didn't get it at all apart from the performance from Rutger Hauer . Just for me hard work .

Alien no one had ever seen its like . Especially the bold move of casting Ripley with Sigourney Weaver. The extended is the cut I like best . His movies sometines do not always live up to what I expect . With Black Hawk Down AND Gladiator I can not fault anything about them .

Reactions: nefilim
If I not already had this same play.com steelbook I would have ordered the kimchi release

Its a very nice steelbook
If you don't already have the play.com steelbook this is a good release to get

Reactions: thecardman23
not a fan of full slips (or kimchi anymore) so lack of a Lenti has me holding of on this until payday now.

If am meant to have it, it'll be in stock on 28th.

not a fan of full slips (or kimchi anymore) so lack of a Lenti has me holding of on this until payday now.

If am meant to have it, it'll be in stock on 28th.

Kimchi are ALL ABOUT the fullslips. Not just lenti's.

The last 5 releases i've been amazed by the quality of the slips. Embossing, uv spot gloss the works.

Have to say part of the reason behind me ordering is the quantity and depth of the 5th Eliment slips .

Its given me HUGE confidence in the depth and detail to the full slip of a film that is infinitely rewatchable . IF that makes sence :) .

Reactions: InAFalsetto