Black Hawk Down (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchivdvd Exclusive No.32) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 29, 2016
Purchase link: Black Hawk Down - Pre-order March 11 at 2 PM (Korea time) - Timezone converter HERE
Price: $34.99
Note: 2,000 Copies + Numbered Sticker

12794677_1841085699451972_7802872983350052910_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to say part of the reason behind me ordering is the quantity and depth of the 5th Eliment slips .

Its given me HUGE confidence in the depth and detail to the full slip of a film that is infinitely rewatchable . IF that makes sence :) .

Totally agree. The beauty shots don't do the actual item any justice as you simply can't show the detail in a digital mock up.

Kimchi / Nova consistently put in effort when they have the fullslips made. I've purchased a lot of their amarays (or is it called scanavo?) and digibooks that come with fullslips. Some of the martial art classics like Jackie chans meals on wheels, Zu warriors from the magic mountain, Bruce lee collection, Once upon a time in china trilogy, A better tomorrow trilogy. And the packaging does not dissapoint. Lots of embossing and spot glossing on the slips.

Great film. Some of the best scenes of war in any film, in my opinion it's up there with the horror of Saving Private Ryan. If the quality of slip is on par with The Fifth Element this will be a real treat and for the price it's extremely good value. (Ignore my previous post I put it down to be ill and borderline hallucegenic, plus looking after 3 sick kids in my own :ugh:).

@Scary Hair you're very naughty and have convinced me to buy it. :naughty::LOL:

Thing is, Nova crap all over Kimchi on full slips, plus am a Lenti completest fan :)

still toying with nabbing this tbh and it's all the BF's fault. lol

Great film. Some of the best scenes of war in any film, in my opinion it's up there with the horror of Saving Private Ryan. If the quality of slip is on par with The Fifth Element this will be a real treat and for the price it's extremely good value. (Ignore my previous post I put it down to be ill and borderline hallucegenic, plus looking after 3 sick kids in my own :ugh:).

@Scary Hair you're very naughty and have convinced me to buy it. :naughty::LOL:

3 childabeasts I only have too no wounder your brain fuddled flower .

The thing with BHD is the paceing it is bang on . The way the story is handled is so skillfull .

I find Private Ryan it trys too hard to get you to care about Tom Hanks squad . Same with Fury . Out of those two I prefer Fury .

No matter what movie it only gives part of a sence of the horror of what the Human Race is cabable of doing against another of the Human Race .

I am just thankful that people stood and still stand in the way of others, that think a loss of life is acceptable to achieve an end .

Also that retailers put the time in to show the respect with the package that the subject matter deserves .

Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi
Got to pass for the same old mpeg2 master with no HD audio. At this point, I doubt we'll ever get a better release unless they do a 4K.

There is nothing majorly wrong with the MPEG2 encode. It has LPCM audio which is uncompressed. So not sure what you mean by no HD audio?

Also I am not sure if 4K remaster is going to significantly boost the PQ as I think it was finished using a 2K DI.

The thing with BHD is the paceing it is bang on . The way the story is handled is so skillfull .

I find Private Ryan it trys too hard to get you to care about Tom Hanks squad . Same with Fury . Out of those two I prefer Fury .
I see what you're doing there! Ok I will but will have to wait for payday on Tuesday! :hilarious:

On a more serious note I think you're spot on. Battle of Algiers was the first war film I saw that also made me question the morality and madness of the world.

Ok mods before you say anything I know Ive strayed off topic! Just giving my two pennies worth. buying a film to me is more than just the metal and card that binds it. It's the journey the director takes you on and the thoughts you're left with when the credits roll. :thumbs:

...sadly many people think this is the truth. and US troops are the heroes/underdogs etc. sadly there is more disturbing behind the scenes that went on ...

...sadly many people think this is the truth. and US troops are the heroes/underdogs etc. sadly there is more disturbing behind the scenes that went on ...

No not the truth Nef . The horror of the people trying to eak a living in a war zone fearfull for thire lifes . Joining in because it was the only way to survive amongst the war lords . War Lords who could allow suffering to gain posistioning . That is what hit me in Black Hawk Down .

Thing is that in certain parts of the world suffering like this is still allowed by people who are supossed to lead to care . Crazy that innocent people are still being made to fear for a basic right to a life of peace .

Hero's in the way that it was about the person next to them . The U.S.A for me in this showed how it was perceved to be a simple no stress operation yet it through a series of events turned into a nightmare in so meny ways .

Why I found it so hard hitting was that fact the suffering in no way did I personally feel the movie set a tone of gloryfiying the total terror .

Not a political statement trying to stay on topic . Simple FACT is Any war movie should not be an easy fluffy happy subject matter .

Glad Kimchi are giving it a red carpet treatment . No booklet that for me shows a sighn of respect to the suffering . All glossy photos of in action I feel would cheepen this relise .

Great film. Some of the best scenes of war in any film, in my opinion it's up there with the horror of Saving Private Ryan.

I saw this film for the 1st time on CH4 the other night and I thought it was one of the Worst Films Ridley Scott has ever done. I hated the look of the film, The oversaturated look of the film was OTT. I just couldn't care about the characters because there were to many and they just looked all the same. I couldn't tell one face from another. It totally failed to engage. Black Hawk down overstays it's welcome by a good hour. Just way way too long and lacking any pace or drama. it just came across as a nice technical exercise on how to use digital media but lacking any substance or drama. At the end I couldn't remember one thing about the film. Not even in the same league as Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down just copied so much from Saving Private Ryan, I kept playing "Which bit are they going to rip of next". But each to their own. Not the worst war film I've ever seen but instantly forgettable.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair