Black Panther (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #48) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Late September 2018 (TBC)
Price: TBA
Note: The special empty box is available only when you buy Box set and 1/4 Slip together.
Group buy: One Click + 1/4 slip COMPLETE PACKAGE
ONE CLICK - DOUBLE LENTICULAR - SINGLE LENTICULAR - FULL SLIP - QUARTER SLIP (Storage box NOT included)

Important Group Buy update
Official update for all group buy participants -

The licensing agreement for Black Panther, for unknown reasons, still has not been resolved and because of this Infinity War will now be being released first (roughly early December time). The licensing agreement for Black Panther is looking to be completed around November time but because of the other releases (infinity War, Greatest Showman, Three Billboards), Black Panther will not ship until January 2019 at the earliest.

Infinity War will ship with the same editions (1/4 slip + Box, One Click, DL, SL and full slip)

Group Buy members, we have a couple of options for you -

1. Transfer
Your Black Panther request will automatically be transferred to the same edition to that of Avengers: Infinity War. You will then be guaranteed a spot for Black Panther, which will be charged for again later on in the year (or potentially January 2019)

2. Refund
You can cancel your Black Panther request and be refunded. Please note that should you change your mind afterwards we cannot allow you to repurchase Black Panther. At this time there will not be a further GB for it (however this may change although not guaranteed)

3. Wait it out
Wait for Black Panther to be released. If you decide to wait it out, as a thank you we will enter you into a HDN sponsored prize draw.

The official GB for Avengers: Infinity War won't be live until November.

I will be sending this as a PM to all participants tomorrow too with the relevant instructions.

Boxset.jpgDL.jpg9a438038gy1ftrqchvap5j21ex0tzqam.jpgFullslip.jpgquarterslip.jpg
3193CF1B-C049-4898-9585-F28D4AD15C96.jpeg
455A29EF-9F42-4F09-A2C4-877D0A5DB6D3.jpeg
SL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got the one click and the other single edition to get the special box thingy... does that mean I'm good for a one click for infinity war? Or a one lick and quarter slip?

So I got the one click and the other single edition to get the special box thingy... does that mean I'm good for a one click for infinity war? Or a one lick and quarter slip?
Like for like so you’re the same as me - I got the OC+1/4 slip boxset, so assuming I read the Avengers thread correct, you will have a 3 part OC(fullslip, double lenti and single lenti) plus the 1/4 slip....am not sure if the 1/4 slip has a box for IW like with this, yet.

Basically, if you have a copy of this, with ALL variations, you should get first refusal for the Infinity War edition with ALL steelbook/slip variations.

If that makes sense?

I was told just like BP , IW will feature the one click box, plus the special box with 1/4 .............. so if you puchased BP like that , then you can crossover to IW at no cost ...........then later when BP is opened you can purchase same. In a nutshell its so that we arent holding your money on that edition longer. Its alot of work behind the scenes but very noble to respect consumers money like that. Had this been Sideshow its just tuff sh!t that is a delay now give us more money for yoru new items. :p

I was told just like BP , IW will feature the one click box, plus the special box with 1/4 .............. so if you puchased BP like that , then you can crossover to IW at no cost ...........then later when BP is opened you can purchase same. In a nutshell its so that we arent holding your money on that edition longer. Its alot of work behind the scenes but very noble to respect consumers money like that. Had this been Sideshow its just tuff sh!t that is a delay now give us more money for yoru new items. :p
And for all that hard work, thank you :)

Am hoping many others will see the hard work as being in our favour - am going to get IW without paying a penny extra. Then the backlog of BP payment, which is already secured, can be cleared later...what’s not to love.

But thanks for clarification. Was hoping for a 4 part set again with IW.

Now to start figuring out display space....hmmm

Yes, that’s option 1.
Nah thats not what I meant. Option 1 is transfering the money to the IW release and get a guaranteed spot for BP.

I am referring to another (earlier) post from cooey where he said everyone who participated the BP GB has a save spot for IW. Or did I get this wrong?

To sum it up: You can use option 3 and have a guaranteed spot for IW, too.

Last edited:
Nah thats not what I meant. Option 1 is transfering the money to the IW release and get a guaranteed spot for BP.

I am referring to another (earlier) post from cooey where he said everyone who participated the BP GB has a save spot for IW. Or did I get this wrong?

Yes.

I’m sure @cooey can sort this out real quick for us, but this is how I interpret it:
Option 1 is the "securing a spot for IW" that was first mentioned, because you transfer your BP payment to IW, and at the same time you are guaranteed a spot to purchase BP again when it gets closer to being resolved and released. Option 3 is to only wait it out for BP, keep your payment tied to BP, but you will not be guaranteed a GB spot for IW.

Worth saying (and apologies if this doesn't apply to GBers here) that according to Kevin the price for Infinity War will actually be higher than Black Panther so it would be silly not to transfer your money already paid for Black Panther over to IW and not incur those additional costs and just repay for Black Panther (at the price you've already paid) when the time comes :)

Will be sending the PM out to everyone in a little while but a couple of points -

Option 1 - this gets you transferred to IW with a guaranteed spot for the same spot on Black Panther that you originally had. This is the same difference to that of being guaranteed a spot on IW for the same version, just the other way around as IW is being released before Black Panther.

If you decide to wait (option 3), then I cannot guarantee your spot for IW. The reason why I was able to guarantee IW spots before was because Black Panther was being released first with IW after. This has now switched around hence option 1. However there still will be a GB for IW when the time comes.

If you go for option 1 there are no additional costs to you for IW and then when it comes to Back Panther you pay the same price as you did originally

Will be sending the PM out to everyone in a little while but a couple of points -

Option 1 - this gets you transferred to IW with a guaranteed spot for the same spot on Black Panther that you originally had. This is the same difference to that of being guaranteed a spot on IW for the same version, just the other way around as IW is being released before Black Panther.

If you decide to wait (option 3), then I cannot guarantee your spot for IW. The reason why I was able to guarantee IW spots before was because Black Panther was being released first with IW after. This has now switched around hence option 1. However there still will be a GB for IW when the time comes.

If you go for option 1 there are no additional costs to you for IW and then when it comes to Back Panther you pay the same price as you did originally

it is true that delay is annoying, but options for compensation, especieally options 1, is very satisfying.

thanks @cooey :thanks:

Option 1 is easily best, I don’t understand the purpose of option 3, basically you want a chance of getting a spot on the group buy and pay sooner, when option 1 you’re guaranteed both and you get a little extra time to pay for the 2nd set? I’m too tired to make sense. I want them both, option 1 all the way

Option 1 is easily best, I don’t understand the purpose of option 3, basically you want a chance of getting a spot on the group buy and pay sooner, when option 1 you’re guaranteed both and you get a little extra time to pay for the 2nd set? I’m too tired to make sense. I want them both, option 1 all the way

correct.
DON'T understand the amount of people doing option 3
especially when it has been said by cooey "Please note however that by choosing this option does not guarantee you a spot in the Infinity War GB "
don't think some people are thinking this thru at all:rolleyes:

anyway done my option 1 is a real no brainer:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

basil :thumbs:

correct.
DON'T understand the amount of people doing option 3
especially when it has been said by cooey "Please note however that by choosing this option does not guarantee you a spot in the Infinity War GB "
don't think some people are thinking this thru at all:rolleyes:

anyway done my option 1 is a real no brainer:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

basil :thumbs:
I chose Option 3 for a couple of reasons.
1. It was already announced that Infinity Was run will not be so constricted. It is getting basically a full print run by BF standards so getting the desired edition will be much easier than the ones with smaller runs.
2. I don't always go for the same editions so Option 1 is not helpful for me as it locks me down for a similar edition without room to change editions. For BP, the single lenti is by far my favorite choice. For IW, I would like to reserve judgement for now and have the room to chose my desired edition.
3. Less confusion down the line as BP has been earmarked as being already paid for. The simplicity of paying for each edition as it comes works out better for me personally.

The guaranteed spot is nice but already knowing IW will have a 4K run, I am much more at ease about my prospects of getting what I want.

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil