Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Horses for courses, I personally love the title less ones, i bet some people who moan about title less ones, still wet their pants over the army of darkness zavvi steelbook

Im gonna stick with this one , i would prefer best buy/future shop but cannot be bothered with hunting for them , also if i did get them i would also have to get every other upon coming marvel release (being ocd) to match... so i will stick with this , the faces on spines will look ok when guardians of galaxy comes out;)

Horses for courses, I personally love the title less ones, i bet some people who moan about title less ones, still wet their pants over the army of darkness zavvi steelbook

Actually it's the title-less spine that irritates me most. At least AoD has the title on the spine.

And yes, i've cancelled my Zavvi - i'm not having any more spineless steels in my collection. Thor and Frozen were enough!

Actually it's the title-less spine that irritates me most. At least AoD has the title on the spine.

And yes, i've cancelled my Zavvi - i'm not having any more spineless steels in my collection. Thor and Frozen were enough!

But then it wont match your Thor release :) gotta agree though, I'll never understand those spines

I just tossed mine back...I could handle no title on the front (I think), but all those pix on the spine was the clincher. Slightly OK as a one-off on Avengers, but I really don't want to support a trend!

I like the BB version better with the titles & debossing...even if they screw up the back somehow.

Its a NA exclusive. Different from the rest of the world with debossed title on front and title on spine.

I'm aware of the spine / title scenario (who isn't!?!) I'm just wondering if on the final art the helmet will be on the US / CA release but not for everyone else who will have the non-helmet. Artwork wise on Thor 2 there was no difference so I'm wondering whether it's just a minor error or intentional

The steels more than likely arent produced in the same factor/batch as the worldwide release. So Im guessing they decided to use the artwork with the helmet be more exclusive:dunno: Its already been confirmed thats the artwork so it looks like its exclusive to US/CA. Not much more to explain I dont think.

True that! Pisses me off every time I look at my BestBuy thor. Keeping my zavvi order esp if Cap is without helmet.:thumbs:

Me too. I got Thor 2 from FS but i think im gonna stick with Zavvi for Cap 2. It might not have the title on the front/spine but i cant really afford to pay an extra £15 (roughly) for the NA version.

And also...... For some reason i also prefer the no helmet on this release (dont know why).

Reactions: rpg
Let's not forget the finishing and artwork quality of the North American Thor 2 was rubbish.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I actually preferred the darker finish of the US /CA version. I found in the UK version it was like Thor was wearing foundation! :hilarious: But that's the beauty of steelbooks - one man's junk is another mans treasure :thumbs:

I'm also more than likely getting both though - purely for the helmet variety! :naughty:

I actually preferred the darker finish of the US /CA version. I found in the UK version it was like Thor was wearing foundation! :hilarious: But that's the beauty of steelbooks - one man's junk is another mans treasure :thumbs:

I'm also more than likely getting both though - purely for the helmet variety! :naughty:

Same! I have both Thor 2's, and prefer the darker finish on the Future Shop one!

Reactions: BradG1984